Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There are all sorts of ways the chips could fall. Titus Andronicus could be a reasonable bet to headline Avalon. John Grant's mibbe around somewhere. M83.

Basically, it's way, way too early to fret that there'll be nothing to watch.

Strangely enough I got a recommendation for John Grant from my folks, they saw him in Glasgow a few weeks back and said he was amazing. 

1 minute ago, LeeGalvin said:

This is the way my festival is shaping up too. I'm thinking maybe an Underworld closer?

I'm not sure my internal organs could handle a trio of LCD NO and Underworld headliners. I'd actually like someone relatively chilled on Sunday. Someone like Ryan Adams last year would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

It's a fecking Barm Cake

Chip Barm, Pie Barm are all fine  Cob / Batch...silly midlands people. Bap = southern softies

stood behind a southern girl at a food van a few years ago at Glastonbury and she orders chips cheese and gravy. I presumed she was the devil incarnate. 

Glasgow here. Can confirm chips, cheese n gravy is also a thing up here. As is chips, cheese and curry sauce. *Shudder*

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

LCD > Muse

New Order > Adele 

????? > Coldplay and BMTH 

I really need a nice surprise on the poster for Sunday night 

So far for me:

Friday.... Nothing having seen muse a lot and not interested in their new stuff.

Saturday.... New Order

Sunday.... Nothing. Coldplay or BMTH - no thanks.

Still far far too many stages to announce yet to be too worried. I saw a Park Headliner and a Sonic stage headliner last year, so there will be something good on for me.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Chips, cheese and gravy is actually nice, somehow. I have a friend who at the beginning of the year used to buy me it on the way home from every night out. I'd usually forget and when she told me the next day I was revolted at thought of it. But I've since eaten it in a state that I can remember and it was good.

What is disturbing, however, is one night last year I was walking home from a night out with someone who ordered chips with gravy and curry sauce, and then put ketchup and mayo on them. She would dip each chip in all four. Eventually she made me try it and it somehow tasted okay. But still, what a fucking ludicrous thing to do. I've seen her in passing a few times since then and kept my distance.

11 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Chips, cheese and gravy is actually nice, somehow. I have a friend who at the beginning of the year used to buy me it on the way home from every night out. I'd usually forget and when she told me the next day I was revolted at thought of it. But I've since eaten it in a state that I can remember and it was good.

What is disturbing, however, is one night last year I was walking home from a night out with someone who ordered chips with gravy and curry sauce, and then put ketchup and mayo on them. She would dip each chip in all four. Eventually she made me try it and it somehow tasted okay. But still, what a fucking ludicrous thing to do. I've seen her in passing a few times since then and kept my distance.

she's not going to glastonbury is she? I wouldnt want to risk following such a horror into the longdrops.

In bread its a butty

In an individual bread based circular delivery mechanism its a bap and maybe a barm (It is only a muffin if it comes in an oven bottomed muffin which are also available in Cheshire)

Pie butties are only allowed in Wigan. 

59 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So far for me:

Friday.... Nothing having seen muse a lot and not interested in their new stuff.

Saturday.... New Order

Sunday.... Nothing. Coldplay or BMTH - no thanks.

Still far far too many stages to announce yet to be too worried. I saw a Park Headliner and a Sonic stage headliner last year, so there will be something good on for me.

Friday - LCD

Saturday - New Order hopefully (I'm hoping at least one ne other member of our group wants to see Adele so I can palm Mrs Jass off on them).

Sunday - God knows. Hoping for a decent band in the JP. Wolf Alice would work for me.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Friday - LCD

Saturday - New Order hopefully (I'm hoping at least one ne other member of our group wants to see Adele so I can palm Mrs Jass off on them).

Sunday - God knows. Hoping for a decent band in the JP. Wolf Alice would work for me.

Wolf Alice would be great actually. Seeing them at the Barrowlands tonight. 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Putting stuff in rolls is more common outside of Wigan that a lot of you might think. I've enjoyed a roll and sausage roll before and I'm not the only one. 

I used to have a sausage roll in a roll every day at school. No wonder I was tubby.

8 minutes ago, dooke10 said:

In bread its a butty

In an individual bread based circular delivery mechanism its a bap and maybe a barm (It is only a muffin if it comes in an oven bottomed muffin which are also available in Cheshire)

Pie butties are only allowed in Wigan. 

Now that's a term that threw me for years:

"Ham salad on a large barm please"

"We've only got bread"

"Isn't a barm... made of bread?"

"No, bread"

"Bread?"

"Just bread."

"What kind of bread?"

"Bread. Slices of bread."

"Oh, sliced bread"

"Bread"

"Ok, ham salad on sliced bread then."

EDIT:

"Ham salad on bread, you mean?"

"Yes ok then on, bread" *thinks, I normally have it on bread, not just this kind of bread*

It's like asking for bacon barm and being told they only have meat.  In fact that can happen when you ask for a chicken curry and they don't have any chicken!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, Bradders said:

Different dialects have different words for things. This discussion is as tedious as arguing with a French person that it's called bread, not pain.

Thanks for this clarification, I was wondering how all this stuff worked.

Language, eh? Who'd have thought?