Headliners 2016

thewayiam

I don't think this is meant to be Detox or whatever he has been working on for the whole century so far. Ice Cube will be talking out of his arse though.

i know it's not Detox - i'm fairly certain he's scrapped that all together - but a new album from Dre either way is pretty huge considering it looked like he'd packed it in all together in favour of making headphones. i doubt it'll come out on August 1st, but the fact that there's a new album out there somewhere is worth getting excited over i guess

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think he's being sarky, though. Due to Beats, Dre is as rich as Croesus.

i'm sure he doesn't need the money, but he didn't need money before selling Beats.

who knows, maybe he's a secret altruist, doing all this to help out his old buddies who haven't been quite as successful, or perhaps he see it as a genuinely artistic venture.  but he was also the man who told us "get paid, don't get played".

i reckon they'll end up headlining Bestival on an exclusive, but The xx subbing Radiohead is a good shout, even if it would make for a particularly moody evening at the Pyramid

Chase & Status headlining Other again so soon though? nah

I see you've pointed out what I was juggling, I was struggling the hardest to place both the XX, Faithless and Chase and Status. Wanted to put Chase and Status on the Pyramid - but then that meant that XX would have to be back on the other, and originally I was thinking Faithless would work better under Radiohead, and maybe a rock band underneath Biffy.

I originally had it as this

Biffy Clyro

The 1975

Adele

Kendrick Lamar

Radiohead

Faithless

But something about it seemed off to me so I changed it to that. Possibly because I can't see the 1975 back on the Pyramid again. The XX headlining Bestival on exclusive sounds like a good possibility. 

Have the bookies ever suspended betting on a headliner this far out before? They must know something?

I reckon it's a combination of

a ) Her being spotted at Glastonbury this year

b ) Emily stating in the past she is desperate to book her

c ) It growing increasingly unlikely that her new album is coming out this year, and if it's not out this year it's likely for next year - Glastonbury could be a prime event to promote the release.

d ) She's always rumoured

Radiohead doing the Bond theme and Adele playing the Pyramid? The world has gone all arse about face.

I know you love to say you're 'Out of It' but she's sold something like 30 million albums in the span of five years... Come on that's a headliner!

I know you love to say you're 'Out of It' but she's sold something like 30 million albums in the span of five years... Come on that's a headliner!

can we have a lengthy discussion about popularity versus quality, at the end of which nobody will have changed their opinions?  i used to love those.

great to have you back in this thread, btw, Matt.

can we have a lengthy discussion about popularity versus quality, at the end of which nobody will have changed their opinions?  i used to love those.

great to have you back in this thread, btw, Matt.

You have to admit though, Adele is better in quality than a lot of pop - she's not really comparable to a lot of stars.

But when has popularity vs quality really effected a festival booking though?

I reckon it's a combination of

a ) Her being spotted at Glastonbury this year

b ) Emily stating in the past she is desperate to book her

c ) It growing increasingly unlikely that her new album is coming out this year, and if it's not out this year it's likely for next year - Glastonbury could be a prime event to promote the release.

d ) She's always rumoured

I don't think your average person betting on Glastonbury markets researches who it might be from interview excerpts and release dates and backstage sightings and shit. They'll just be going off one of the many Adele for Glastonbury stories that the tabloids do throughout the year.

I don't think your average person betting on Glastonbury markets researches who it might be from interview excerpts and release dates and backstage sightings and shit. They'll just be going off one of the many Adele for Glastonbury stories that the tabloids do throughout the year.

I thought it was more likely that a bet would be if a lot of huge bets are placed, rather than the occasional guy placing a fiver?