Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Pharrell 15 - Turned up half way through after Akala finished in Leftfield; absolutely horrific

Haven't seen enough Pharrell bashing on here, guessing very few saw him. Turned up after DFA to wait for Kanye and he was fucking awful, wasn't expecting a lot but even then it was dreadful. Didn't help that Kanye wasn't much better but let's not beat a dead horse.

Anway. YES PLEASE KENDRICK! Hope that info is right as I'm dying to see him.

I was there for the whole of pharell's set, it was a weird, disjointed and confusing set. I like some of his songs a little but was just waiting for kanye. he played freedom 3 times! what. 

Also kendrick and jamie xx would make sense as it would push so many tickets, because even though florence is huge now, surely most her fans saw her on the last tour with like 5 shows at ally pally

6 hours ago, ltfckimbo said:

Must be, the way people on here are bending over backwards to make a point of how much they'd like him to play.

I'd love for you to expand on this point. Are you trying to say that people mention this genre to come across as cool?

A visit by KL will be a much needed boost after recent rumours. Was underwhelmed by the last album but looking at videos, he appears to have the chops live.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

well he didn't play last year when he was at Roskilde and Wireless the week after Glastonbury so I won't be getting too excited just yet.

Couldn't that be to do with a deal he already had in place with R/L? It could be some clutching but I'm holding onto it for now 

33 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

well he didn't play last year when he was at Roskilde and Wireless the week after Glastonbury so I won't be getting too excited just yet.

Same happened with Pharrell though, he was about last year and didn't play until this. Doing Glasto while he's around would be decent for publicity for him.

Had a long thought on the Monday morning commute, given EEs comments that the trio of headliners couldn't be any bigger, and with Adele and Coldplay looking set for Saturday/Sunday, the Friday headliner is a bit of a head scratcher. I can't for the life of me see it being Muse along with they other two 

Could it realsitically be Fleetwood Mac? It would make sense, and there was reports from a tabloid news paper (the mirror?) that they were on the verge? 

27 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Had a long thought on the Monday morning commute, given EEs comments that the trio of headliners couldn't be any bigger, and with Adele and Coldplay looking set for Saturday/Sunday, the Friday headliner is a bit of a head scratcher. I can't for the life of me see it being Muse along with they other two 

Could it realsitically be Fleetwood Mac? It would make sense, and there was reports from a tabloid news paper (the mirror?) that they were on the verge? 

I certainly hope so. If you put FM and Kendrick in the frame everything suddenly looks a LOT better.

36 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

this is my thoughts too. If it is true that all the headliners were in place in july (or whenever it was), fleetwood mac would certainly make sense. It's possible they said they wanted to do isle of wight this year and glastonbury next, especially after all the positive things they've said about glastonbury/

And didnt eavis say 2 of the 3 have played before? this would fit with adele and coldplay, leaving fleetwood mac as the third who havent played before. Muse would make that statement false (though it wouldnt be the first time!)

Wasn't that Michael that said that though? Which would make that hard to believe. 

Emily said in the recent interviews that 2 of the 3 headliners were signed up, and 1 a verbal agreement, you'd have to think Coldplay were definitely signed up, it could then be Adele left to signed on the line, whilst she makes up her mind if she's willing to do it? 

That would mean if the other was FM they could easily have been booked some time ago

They just make the most sense to me just now given everything that's known