Headliners 2016

thewayiam

1 minute ago, teaconsumer said:

Yep, Florence named tomorrow with Kendrick Lamar in support.

Also worth noting BST are currently in negotiations with Beyonce. 

Kendrick as support? not sure whether to believe you, but if so then surely it puts him in the frame for Glastonbury. guess we shall have to wait and see

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Kendrick headliners The Other, book all the beige headliners you want, I wont be cross.

yep, more than makes up for whatever's on the Pyramid later that evening. if Kendrick's about and Glastonbury haven't got him then they done fucked up! although yeah i agree with dental - Pyramid sub seems far more likely. to who, though, i couldn't say, although i'd like to think Adele, for the lols

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, dentalplan said:

Don't want to kill your vibe or anything, but I think at this point King Kendrick would be Pyramid sub fodder.

I was a bit afraid of that, but I don't doubt his ability to be amazing. Pyramid sub is a cursed spot though, isn't it? Aside from Nick Cave in 2013 (who I skipped for the Smashing Pumpkins), I think the subs have been shit each time I've been.

15 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I was a bit afraid of that, but I don't doubt his ability to be amazing. Pyramid sub is a cursed spot though, isn't it? Aside from Nick Cave in 2013 (who I skipped for the Smashing Pumpkins), I think the subs have been shit each time I've been.

Yeah I always think that. The only Pyramid subs I've seen are Primal Scream and Jack White, but Kendrick is teetotal so he won't be Gillespied as the aforementioned were when they disgraced themselves.

37 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well I'm willing to take you at inace value because it puts Kendrick in the frame for Glastobury.

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How I hope you aren't an affiliate of talking utter pish, that would be fantastic

Especially if it puts Kendrick in the Glastonbury picture

Check the BST thread mate. I named Flo, Mumfords and Take That back In mid October. Just sharing what I know

16 minutes ago, teaconsumer said:

Check the BST thread mate. I named Flo, Mumfords and Take That back In mid October. Just sharing what I know

Good, very good, I hope you're right, shall see tomorrow 

I then will have my fingers absolutely glued crossed until line up time for Kendrick

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I always think that. The only Pyramid subs I've seen are Primal Scream and Jack White, but Kendrick is teetotal so he won't be Gillespied as the aforementioned were when they disgraced themselves.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Jack, and even he was crap. For my sins, I saw Dizzee 13, Elbow 14, Jack 14, and a little bit of the Libs this year, all rubbish. I wasn't there for Morrissey, but I understand the rain made his set unenjoyable, his live show was good around about that time too.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Jack, and even he was crap. For my sins, I saw Dizzee 13, Elbow 14, Jack 14, and a little bit of the Libs this year, all rubbish. I wasn't there for Morrissey, but I understand the rain made his set unenjoyable, his live show was good around about that time too.

For me:

Elbow 14 - Alright but pretty boring

Jack White 14 - Very disappointing

The Black Keys 14 - Boring as expected but I cba walking to the Park

Libs 15 - Was quite bored until the last two songs, but the ending was great

Pharrell 15 - Turned up half way through after Akala finished in Leftfield; absolutely horrific