Headliners 2016

thewayiam

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm assuming Glastonbury and radio 1 has just been thrown in instead of the other stage as otherwise he'd be suggesting Noel to sub TITP a year after headlining it but who knows with him.

Radio 1 meant T but some of it was a mistake as pointed out. But yes I see Glasto with a very good chance of having Noel and Faithless as subs and Kendrick and Disclosure filling Other Stage head slots. Kendrick could get sub but I think this is a closer bet.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I wouldn't take what Michael says with any truth really - BUT if we did, looks like it might be:

2016 - Muse, Coldplay, Adele

2017 - Radiohead, [unknown previous headliner], Foos

That would also all fall in line with why Emily said they had already secured the 2017 headliners and why they had to move the fallow year to 2018 (it probably most applies to Foos).

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Which is why I changed it, it all stood bar Noel at T, but him but Glasto and IOW can still stand.

It still says Noel, Faithless, Disclosure and Kendrick will take up sub/R1 headline slots.

Unless that was supposed to mean sub slots elsewhere and R1 headline slots at T, in which case that's a very strange thing to write as one sentence without clarifying which festivals you mean, tbh.

I would be surprised if it is Noel. It comes across like he is really hoping he will get the headline slot soon. If he subs next year, then it might give him less chance of headlining in 2017 (if he really feels he will get offered it). I think sub is perfect for him. Another thing is, I think he might wrap his tour up after the UK gigs in April.

2 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

Yeah I wouldn't take what Michael says with any truth really - BUT if we did, looks like it might be:

That would also all fall in line with why Emily said they had already secured the 2017 headliners and why they had to move the fallow year to 2018 (it probably most applies to Foos).

Ed Sheeran will headline in 2017 and tbh it wouldn't surprise me if they were classing Foos as a returning headliner, meaning they're returning to make up for last year (I know technically not returning but it makes sense in my mind).

Or, alternatively, when they said that, they had Foos in place for this year and them cancelling their plans has messed up the pattern of 4 returners and 2 new headliners for the next two years.

4 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

Where do Radiohead and an unknown previous headliner come into the equation?

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

It still says Noel, Faithless, Disclosure and Kendrick will take up sub/R1 headline slots.

Unless that was supposed to mean sub slots elsewhere and R1 headline slots at T, in which case that's a very strange thing to write as one sentence without clarifying which festivals you mean, tbh.

Right lol.

It should say basically, Faithless sub T/Pyramid sub. Noel sub Glasto, potential IOW sub as I'm not sure others would get away with him in a sub if he wasn't there, just a view. Disclosure T sub/Glasto Other. Kendrick possible Glasto sub/Other ( more likely for Other I think)/T sub/R1 header.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I do hope Faithless aren't at Glastonbury taking a big slot. It's a load of dated crap that doesn't really need to be clogging up the lineup. A bit like Stereophonics playing again or something.

I feel similar. I like them and they were great as a sub in 2010, but I cant see they have anything more to give.

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Where do Radiohead and an unknown previous headliner come into the equation?

Those are based on Michael's suggestions that out of the next 6 headliners for 2016 and 2017, 4 of them are returnees and 2 are new. So if 2 returnees are in 2017, then what bands are on top of the list for that? With Radiohead releasing at one point in the next 18 months, they seem the most likely...but Blur also seems a bit likely too.

Edited by nban2010

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Right lol.

It should say basically, Faithless sub T/Pyramid sub. Noel sub Glasto, potential IOW sub as I'm not sure others would get away with him in a sub if he wasn't there, just a view. Disclosure T sub/Glasto Other. Kendrick possible Glasto sub/Other ( more likely for Other I think)/T sub/R1 header.

Thank you

18 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

Those are based on Michael's suggestions that out of the next 6 headliners for 2016 and 2017, 4 of them are returnees and 2 are new. So if 2 returnees are in 2017, then what bands are on top of the list for that? With Radiohead releasing at one point in the next 18 months, they seem the most likely...but Blur also seems a bit likely too.

Michael constantly gives false information out though.