Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cor, provided that they do it. On performance value G n' R will have to pull out every stop possible to justify themselves. On paper, their name somewhat falsely illustrates the actual show that you receive. I consider them a poorer headliner in terms of major festival capabilities. In other words, Axl Rose would be lucky to alone make the band what it used to be (a well worth headliner), and the way he tries doesn't help him do that either.

(Bibliography: Reading 2010)

Edited by willutalk

2 minutes ago, willutalk said:

Cor, provided that they do it. On performance value G n' R will have to pull out every stop possible to justify themselves. On paper, their name somewhat falsely illustrates the actual show that you receive. I consider them a poorer headliner in terms of major festival capabilities. In other words, Axl Rose would be lucky to alone make the band what it used to be (a well worth headliner), and the way he tries doesn't help him do that either.

(Bibliography: Reading 2010)

I hadn't drank nearly enough for that headline set. So glad Arcade Fire played the following night to save my weekend. Still haven't forgiven myself for missing LCD soundsystem

saw them at Leeds (we didn't get quite the same ridiculous wait) and i enjoyed them. the costume changes were ridiculous to the point of hilarious, and it wasn't a set for the ages, but i enjoyed it

be interesting to see if Axl sorts out his timing/arrival issues when they play these reunion shows. i believe it was a major element of Slash leaving the first time round, and 20+ years later nothing's changed in that respect. ridiculous that he's been allowed to get away with it for so long

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

saw them at Leeds (we didn't get quite the same ridiculous wait) and i enjoyed them. the costume changes were ridiculous to the point of hilarious, and it wasn't a set for the ages, but i enjoyed it

be interesting to see if Axl sorts out his timing/arrival issues when they play these reunion shows. i believe it was a major element of Slash leaving the first time round, and 20+ years later nothing's changed in that respect. ridiculous that he's been allowed to get away with it for so long

Given his notoriety for tardiness I'm surprised he doesn't have it written into his contract that he has to show up on time. Half an hour late = 25% of his fee gone, an hour = 50% docked... Bet that would make the tool hurry up.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given his notoriety for tardiness I'm surprised he doesn't have it written into his contract that he has to show up on time. Half an hour late = 25% of his fee gone, an hour = 50% docked... Bet that would make the tool hurry up.

yeah i imagine that's gonna be something written in to the contract for these upcoming shows. i just don't understand how he can be late for every fucking show. other acts cause outrage for doing it once or twice, but this guy's pretty much expected to do it

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i imagine that's gonna be something written in to the contract for these upcoming shows. i just don't understand how he can be late for every fucking show. other acts cause outrage for doing it once or twice, but this guy's pretty much expected to do it

Last time they were over here playing arenas there were stories of them turning up on stage in Manchester at 11.30, after the majority of the crowd have had to leave to catch last trains, etc. That's just outright contempt for the fans who have paid to watch him perform. He's an utter w*nker.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Thought they were awesome at Leeds in 2010. Tbf, didn't the stage crew take ages setting it all up?

People are admitting that they missed one of LCD Soundsystem's last ever UK shows, to stand a few hundred yards away, watching an aged Axl Rose and some hired goons play songs from Chinese Democracy. I'm so embarrassed for you all, I'm just going to look down at my shoes and keep quiet.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

People are admitting that they missed one of LCD Soundsystem's last ever UK shows, to stand a few hundred yards away, watching an aged Axl Rose and some hired goons play songs from Chinese Democracy. I'm so embarrassed for you all, I'm just going to look down at my shoes and keep quiet.

not my proudest moment - at the time i was a much bigger GnR fan than LCD. that changed a few months later and i weeped a little. hoping that these reunion rumours are true (LCD) and i can right my wrongs

Me a 13 year old,  'ended up' in the NME, with my dad, watching LCD Soundsystem. 

And to be quite frank I enjoyed myself a lot.

in years to come I'll look back at that moment an say "Go me!"

Pretty good place to 'end up'. Doesn't one think?

Edited by willutalk

5 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

So...

Glastonbury : Muse ,Adele ,Coldplay
IOW: Stereophonics/Faithless, GnR, Queen
Reading: Foals RHCP ????
T: Stone Roses, ?????, ????
V:????,????
Latitude : Gorillaz, Sigur Ros,????
Bestival: LCD Soundsytem, The XX, ????

Blankety blank

So T have the best line up so far?

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Apparently he wakes up around seven, gets out of bed around nine, goes on stage at eleven, sipping a drink and feeling fine 

Despite nothing indicating Muse apart from a Daily Mail article and the fact they have said they would like to do it again, they sure feature a lot in people's nailed on predictions. Similar scenario with Florence last year. I really hope that if Adele and Coldplay are near certainties then I hope that the Eavai pull out Pearl Jam as a final headliner. Almost certain to be doing Europe next summer and will instantly change the dynamic of that trio of headliners to something far more appetising. 

6 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

So...

Glastonbury : Muse ,Adele ,Coldplay
IOW: Stereophonics/Faithless, GnR, Queen
Reading: Foals RHCP ????
T: Stone Roses, ?????, ????
V:????,????
Latitude : Gorillaz, Sigur Ros,????
Bestival: LCD Soundsytem, The XX, ????

Blankety blank

Maybe the wrong thread but wouldn't the BST line up mean Flo and Mumford are the likely to headline T as well?