Headliners 2016

thewayiam

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Yep, it looks like they are - but that's me guessing at much the same as everyone else is.

Well I shall hope (yes I like Coldplay) and not buy a ticket to Wembley then. Suppose worst case is I will try and pick 1 up if they don't play Glastonbury

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, justperfect said:

Please tell me there is a glimmer of hope the roses will still turn up. Anything for me to cling to through these dark winter months 

no chance I reckon, the headliners were put in place before the stone roses made their 'comeback' announcement and it seems really unlikely they would have got glastonbury sorted before the stadium gigs.

The only outside bet apart from the muse/coldplay/adele bore-a-thon is fleetwood mac I think.

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

How confident are you about Muse?

As much I want them to play, I agree that the proposed headline trio is horrific, and Muse are the worst booking of the bunch.

I've heard enough bits and pieces to strongly suggest to me that Glasto are trying to do Muse, Adele & Coldplay. Whether they're actually signed up so they definitely happen is another thing.

Having said that, of all of those three - bearing in mind things like what they've said and other shows - Muse seem the most likely to come to fruition, because there doesn't appear to be anything that might get in the way of them doing it.

Based mostly on hunch and not particularly info i've that (tho that's in there as well, tho some is quite vague and old), at this moment in time I'd be quite surprised if it's not those three on the Pyramid next June.

If you remember, I'd said stuff about Adele's 'scared of big crowds' thing being over-played and her happening in the near-ish future quite a while before this year's festival happened, and then she turned up this year to check it out. Putting the two together it looks pretty certain that she was, at the very least, considering doing it. A few indicators since then have suggested it's on.

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

The Stone Roses (if still active), Fleetwood Mac/Queen/Radiohead and Ed Sheeran is my 2017 prediction.

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

Ah Foo's! Okay then Foo's, Sheeran, Roses.Think they would all be up for it.

Much more likely to be the bottom one. Queen aren't doing Glasto, I have reservations over Radiohead but it'll be 17 if it happens, the same with FM, I think Foo's could all depend on whether R&L have managed to get them for 16, if they have then I think 17 is nailed on. Roses I would guess yes, them and Ed Sheeran are my two certs at the minute.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Queen aren't doing Glasto,

They aren't doing it this year.

But they have said they're doing IoW to open up festivals for them, presumably cos people are shying away from booking them at the mo.

So who knows what the thoughts on them might be after they've done IoW? I don't think it's impossible that they could end up headlining Glasto in 2017 (tho I shudder at the thought of it).

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Didn't Sheeran say he wouldn't do it until he had 4 albums?

I know it's the Metro but.. http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/20/ed-sheeran-says-he-wont-headline-glastonbury-until-hes-made-four-albums-5450329/ I am holding him to his word.

I saw that from another source and I'm sure he said 3 or 4 albums.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

They aren't doing it this year.

But they have said they're doing IoW to open up festivals for them, presumably cos people are shying away from booking them at the mo.

So who knows what the thoughts on them might be after they've done IoW? I don't think it's impossible that they could end up headlining Glasto in 2017 (tho I shudder at the thought of it).

Me personally, I'm willing to say they won't be doing it at all, I may be wrong there but I don't think it's something Eavis would book. They will have choices of Foo's, Radiohead, possibly FM which it's been said could be possible now, Ed Sheeran, The Stone Roses and others I haven't thought of, I can't see Queen being an option they would look at. 

33 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I reckon Adele is a good shout for Sunday rather than Saturday.

Muse Coldplay Adele in that order

The Sun revealed last month that they'd be headlining on Sunday. No guaranteeing they're right about that of course but based on that I think it's fairly likely if they're playing that they'll be doing Sunday.