Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19 November 2015 at 15:54:50, maelzoid said:

Boom! I would rate Trompe highest as well. It brings back fond memories as well, but I find it a far more colourful and melodic album that their others - all of which are great.

Can we go back to 'best of' lists please. Hadn't really investigated the Pixies but knew that they were probably a band I should spend some time on. Just bought Tromp le monde and played it back to back. Brilliant! Thank you balti and maelzoid. Also tip my hat to the Neil Young guidance for On The Beack and Beach Boys Sunflower. Know and love both of these but had not purchased the albums mentioned. Top top drawer stuff.  thank you.

sorry for the interruption ✌

15th year anniversary of Is This It next year. I can remember last year people saying The Strokes were in a similar position to Libs in being too big for a sub, not big enough for a headline slot - if they were to go for the whole 'full album' thing, would dropping that in full give them a bump in interest enough to headline?

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

15th year anniversary of Is This It next year. I can remember last year people saying The Strokes were in a similar position to Libs in being too big for a sub, not big enough for a headline slot - if they were to go for the whole 'full album' thing, would dropping that in full give them a bump in interest enough to headline?

You've helped me feel better about the crap trio of Muse, Coldplay and Adele by reminding me that there are some worse headliners they could book.

10 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Can't find the original email however the subject title was on an auto reply as 'The Beach Boys Return To Europe - February & Summer 2016'

That's interesting - when EE said that her Tea-time slot act was a massive coup and hadn't been rumoured yet, perhaps this is it.

2 minutes ago, billum said:

That's interesting - when EE said that her Tea-time slot act was a massive coup and hadn't been rumoured yet, perhaps this is it.

Would be my first choice. I'm still upset I never got to see the Brian Wilson show. Good Vibrations blasting out across the Pyramid field is the stuff dreams are made of, could even rival Patti's People Have The Power this year.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Would be my first choice. I'm still upset I never got to see the Brian Wilson show. Good Vibrations blasting out across the Pyramid field is the stuff dreams are made of, could even rival Patti's People Have The Power this year.

It would be Mike Love. I think Big Bri is doing his own stuff next year. 

Also can't imagine anything rivalling that at all. Maybe if the rain clears up just before Mr Blue Sky.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah, I know Brian doesn't have so much to do with them now, but I'll take all I can get.

Oh right. I thought you meant because you missed the Brian Wilson Pyramid show, rather than the Brian Wilson Beach Boys show.

Anyway, they tour here every summer and I can't imagine are even approached by Glastonbury. I think they would be a swish Acoustic headliner but without the MVP they won't get much more than that, I don't reckon.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Oh right. I thought you meant because you missed the Brian Wilson Pyramid show, rather than the Brian Wilson Beach Boys show.

Anyway, they tour here every summer and I can't imagine are even approached by Glastonbury. I think they would be a swish Acoustic headliner but without the MVP they won't get much more than that, I don't reckon.

They play enormously expensive shows mainly in Tory constituencies every summer more like. In theory I'd pay to see Brian solo, but the prices are stupid and nobody else would want to come with me for Brian solo anyway. I love the Beach Boys, but I'm unlikely to ever watch any iteration of them unless they show up at a festival.

I think you're wrong about them being Acoustic, though. They would definitely be Pyramid, whether they'd be given legends' slot is a matter for debate, but it must be Pyramid or nothing.

Mike Love, right up there as one of the 'orriblist people in music, and a load of session musicians gravefucking the beach boys. Reckon i'll pass. Horrific. And comparing it to Patti Smith? Thats the madest thing i've ever read on here (and God only knows there's some competition for that accolade)

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Mike Love, right up there as one of the 'orriblist people in music, and a load of session musicians gravefucking the beach boys. Reckon i'll pass. Horrific. And comparing it to Patti Smith? Thats the madest thing i've ever read on here (and God only knows there's some competition for that accolade)

TBH Mardy I know nothing about him, but you can't argue with those tunes. It's 2015, call yourself The Beach Boys and do Beach Boys tunes on the Pyramid, I'm in.