Headliners 2016

thewayiam

Still not convinced Foos are out of the picture. Maybe they're just doing something Pinkpop weekend like Bonnaroo and can't make up for their gig then. Would seem strange that word regarding Foo Fighters would have built up so much for eFestivals to have them as SR and The Sun to have 'confirmed' them as Friday's headliner when they're in fact not touring at all.

Promising to make up the festival dates, then dropping one in favour of bigger cash. Quite a d*ck move for a band with a fan friendly image, no? It's the Pinkpop organiser who first publicly stated that Foos would return next year, seems credible enough for eFestivals and The Sun to base their predictions on. 

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Promising to make up the festival dates, then dropping one in favour of bigger cash. Quite a d*ck move for a band with a fan friendly image, no? It's the Pinkpop organiser who first publicly stated that Foos would return next year, seems credible enough for eFestivals and The Sun to base their predictions on. 

I don't think FF are a SR because of something Pinkpop said ages ago, I think it's more evidence than that and I'm moving towards Dentals idea although was at work so couldn't post it that they could well be busy that early in June. Afterall, there is two weeks between the two, to play Glasto and Werchter which are within a week of each other, they wouldn't need to be here until the 20th onwards. Bonnaroo certainly isn't a bad shout and if there was something linking them not at Pinkpop to Glasto I think ee'd have seen the SR go down to R already. 

I feared it was controversial, but genuinely curious. I know they have "vintage" or "classic" status but is it on the level of previous headliners?

They have the 2nd greatest selling album of all time after Michael Jacksons 'Thriller' so i think they might be big enough! ;)

Edited by cdm22

They have the 2nd greatest selling album of all time after Michael Jacksons 'Thriller' so i think they might be big enough! ;)

Clear case of "shows what I know" then :)

Definitely big enough and I they weren't the definitely wouldn't be on the same night as another rock band on the same stage, would they?

After the seemingly intentional pairings of Kanye/Pharrel and Weller/Who this year, DC/Foos sounds like a well suited combo, not exactly the same, but in the same wheelhouse.

I feared it was controversial, but genuinely curious. I know they have "vintage" or "classic" status but is it on the level of previous headliners?

They've sold more records than the Stones, Queen, U2, Springsteen, Metallica, Fleetwood Mac, Prince, Bob Dylan, The Who, The Beach Boys, The Doors....

Their last album in 2014 outsold Beyonce.

Are AC/DC actually big enough to headline? I don't know a great deal about them but would a sub to The Foos be more suitable?

If they were to play on the same bill it would be Foo Fighters subbing AC/DC not the other way round 

AC/DC are probably only marginally behind the Stones in terms of status, and would likely get a similar crowd at the Pyramid

I think especially when it comes to Download, AC/DC are considered the biggest of the big. Andy Copping had to jump through so many hoops to get them to even consider playing, like removing their name from the merch, having a completely different stage and preventing acts from performing the same time as them.

I'd love to see them play but I can't imaging the Eavii would do any of that.

I think especially when it comes to Download, AC/DC are considered the biggest of the big. Andy Copping had to jump through so many hoops to get them to even consider playing, like removing their name from the merch, having a completely different stage and preventing acts from performing the same time as them.

I'd love to see them play but I can't imaging the Eavii would do any of that.

they played Coachella without any of these silly demands didn't they? may be remembering wrong but seem to recall somebody/somewhere mentioning that a lot of the fucking about was due to Malcolm's growing dementia, but not sure how true that is

Lol at ACDC subbing Foo Fighters. I know it was a genuine question, but it made me giggle.

I feel we'll start to get a real idea of who's around in June next year in the next couple of weeks. Festivals like Download are starting to announce their headliners, IOW usually give one or two in November/December; we'll also start to see who are doing stadium gigs. Just checked back to last year and Foos/Ed Sheehan were announced for Wembley Stadium in mid-November, ACDC in December.

I feel like if Coldplay aren't doing Glastonbury, which it seems like they probably are, they'll at least be doing their own stadium shows again, maybe Isle of Wight? Muse will probably be doing stadiums as their European dates only run up to the 14th June, although they do have 4 dates at the O2 in April which is pretty close to the summer season... maybe Reading/T for them (unavailable for IOW)?

There's also BST at Hyde Park to keep an eye out for.