Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

The secret resales aren't efestival secret resales. I can understand the frustration but there are quite a few people grumbling who don't actually contribute to this forum in any other threads so it's a little rich to declare yourselves part of the efest community. 

As Neil posted, circa 150 notifications went out from the system he has set up for (mainly) users of this forum which is a lot less than posters in the thread. Hopefully those who have been successful, stick around a bit and contribute to the other threads and community and we'll see them at the efest meet on the wednesday.

Until the checkpage link got posted on facebook.

5 minutes ago, bianco said:

Did See and Glastonbury make an official announcement last year when the limited amount were sold out?

Im sure they did  

They did, and quite quickly too - about 20 minutes. They were categorical 'there will be no more resales'. That's still not up on the official site.

• Upvote 1

This could be me clutching at non existent straws here.

Reading people's comments and their experiences of this crazy quick resale, and my own experience, it seemed like See had just opened the link to make it live for a defined period of time rather than for a defined amount of tickets. Myself and people I know got 'Event not found' when immediately trying to get to the live page, rather than getting to it anyway and then being told there wasn't any tickets. So I'm still holding out for another quick resale or two and that was just one of some flash sales that they could be performing over the next day or on to Monday too, with the volume of users decreasing after today's shenanigans. That and no tweet announcing the secret resale, or all tickets being sold, has allowed me to fully believe this made up theory, but I'm just trying to find reasons not to give up hope that I will have a ticket, so this is coming from a desperate man

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

The secret resales aren't efestival secret resales. I can understand the frustration but there are quite a few people grumbling who don't actually contribute to this forum in any other threads so it's a little rich to declare yourselves part of the efest community. 

As Neil posted, circa 150 notifications went out from the system he has set up for (mainly) users of this forum which is a lot less than posters in the thread. Hopefully those who have been successful, stick around a bit and contribute to the other threads and community and we'll see them at the efest meet on the wednesday.

Indeed.

Not that I am a regular poster but then I haven't used this site for ticket info, rather just to pass the hours of boredom hoping and waiting for a bit of luck.

Its the Internet, people post stuff, 'secret' sales will get progressively harder as stuff like what'sapp and wifi on the tube becomes more common. 

Still a chance of more tickets to go, otherwise, the world is yet to implode, there's other stuff to entertain in June of required.

Just now, GoonerRob said:

Until the checkpage link got posted on facebook.

It's a publically available website. Neil posted the link in here as its his forum and the more people that use it, the more money generated for this site. Checkpage wasn't a secret society.

Well I'll admit I found this place early last week from desperate googling, not through FB (I'm not really a FB user). I was convinced this year would be the year I went...sadly I was in a ******** meeting when it all kicked off - I did manage to get to the car park page but it wouldn't go any further so I didn't get a ticket, but I hope to remain part of the community because you seem like lovely peeps! 

I'm going to try and take Son 2 to a different festival and remain hopeful that I win a Glasto ticket...or find a golden one in a chocolate bar or something!!!!

1 minute ago, Lala1978 said:

So I'm commiserating today's events with a can of cider (on the train, drinking straight outta the can).

I've already had 2 strong vodka and oranges since I got home. Feeling a bit better already

3 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

This could be me clutching at non existent straws here.

Reading people's comments and their experiences of this crazy quick resale, and my own experience, it seemed like See had just opened the link to make it live for a defined period of time rather than for a defined amount of tickets. Myself and people I know got 'Event not found' when immediately trying to get to the live page, rather than getting to it anyway and then being told there wasn't any tickets. So I'm still holding out for another quick resale or two and that was just one of some flash sales that they could be performing over the next day or on to Monday too, with the volume of users decreasing after today's shenanigans. That and no tweet announcing the secret resale, or all tickets being sold, has allowed me to fully believe this made up theory, but I'm just trying to find reasons not to give up hope that I will have a ticket, so this is coming from a desperate man

That's positive but I just cannot see why they would long it out rather than just do it in one go. 

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

I've already had 2 strong vodka and oranges since I got home. Feeling a bit better already

:) fingers crossed we win some tickets....failing that I have a not Glastonbury big party to go to where they project Glastonbury on the outside of their house and get drunk!!!

Just now, cb4747 said:

That's positive but I just cannot see why they would long it out rather than just do it in one go. 

What if the tickets allocated sold from a given coach place don't fill the coaches?    They're all standard sized and the two times I've coached  have been largely full. 

1 minute ago, keb77 said:

:) fingers crossed we win some tickets....failing that I have a not Glastonbury big party to go to where they project Glastonbury on the outside of their house and get drunk!!!

I'm sure it's great, but I couldn't imagine anything more depressing than getting drunk in the cold and rain in someone's garden while Adele wails at me from the house wall knowing that I failed.