Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, mocoworm said:

I am sure that Matt isn't the sole cause of people not getting tickets. He deleted the posts as soon as he saw that ppl were annoyed. No point in being abusive to anyone, is there? It's done now.

No I was also going to say - the resale chatter on that Facebook page has been much bigger this year. They started getting mentioned immediately after the resales and have been mentioned very frequently since then. I haven't seen that in previous years. Normally there's a mention here or there, but nothing that gets picked up on by every member without a ticket.

1 minute ago, ScottyH said:

Missed out, absolutely gutted! Logged on as soon as i got a notification from pagechecker but the demand was crazy. Thanks to everyone who helped out though with emails, trackers and whattsapp groups. I

That went well. I was going to say I wouldn't have got a sniff of the page without all the help on this forum. Thanks.  

12 minutes ago, tabasco said:

Yes, that's me.

I messaged mocoworm via FB after regarding the efest links getting posted in GlastoChat, and deleted them once I realised it had caused some ill vibes over here.

Nothing meant by it  :)

(and I didn't start the New Order petition, I just suggested it in passing and someone else started it ;) )

For what it's worth I didn't have any problem with you posting links over there. The resales were hardly a secret and it's not as if people on Efests have a monopoly on really wanting to get to Glasto. So fair play - it's pointless trying to pretend something's a secret when it's not.

I do wish you had posted a bit more than just links though - tempers were running high in the whatsapp group largely caused by people who had no idea of what it was about or how to behave.

Always a chance of another sale.

social media isn't 12 times more prolific than it was a year ago, keep an eye out without obsessing and maybe luck will strike.

I'm seriously gutted, my friend has been sat in an exam she's been stressing for for a week, I so wanted her to switch her phone on to see a 'booking confirmed' picture but alas I went to get food as they went on sale despite being sat at a computer for 2 days prior, sometimes that's the way it goes.

I luckily have a coach ticket but it's still upsetting, hopefully more will go on sale, I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

8 minutes ago, billum said:

I think the festival has a committment that a certain number of attendees will arrive by coach as part of their green credentials, so I don't think those cancelled coach packages can be sold as standard admission tickets.

And remember, not all the resale tickets are from cancellations, they are from payments that don't go through, so I reckon there still could be a few of those from the flash sale today.

Those green numbers may have exceeded and a handful of returns wouldn't make much difference? The other thing is that they normally sell coach tickets before the GA so why would they do it the other way round this time?

Fair play to anyone that got them, I've been on my laptop at home all week, with autofill (albeit an auto fill that needs a prompt) reg and card details and still wasn't quick enough. 

I was going for four, maybe that was the problem or maybe that I didn't find the right page immediately due to the notifications going a bit crazy, all a bit of a blur now...

I got as far as selecting the car park, but kept getting a notification about my ticket selection, can't remember exactly what it said.

Either way, anyone quick enough, obviously wanted them enough and deserves them.

Heres hoping some more become available, I may treat myself t some fresh air for now though!

Also, great service offered by Neil with check page and great reading all the comments on here all week. If by some miracle I end up with a ticket, I'll be checking back here for the meet up as you all seem top people.

Edited by Oakey

If Matt/Tabasco didn't post somebody else would have so theres no need to be harsh on him. It's hardly the Glastonbury spirit and after all he was only trying to help other people get tickets who also desperately wanted them.

6 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

There WILL be a resale of coach + admission tickets - at least one of them - because a mate of mine had to hand his back.  So there are probably more in the same position. 

Don't give up!

The problem being that is a ticket for a specific coach on a specific day from a specific departure point. Any resale will be for that specific ticket. eg Brighton coach, weds, 6am.

They probably won't bother for one or two here and there. And if they have that might very well have been the Mon and Weds coach 'sales' that appeared to be unavailable.

10 minutes ago, tabasco said:

That's me, I'm afraid.

Again, my apologies. I spoke with Anthony (mocoworm) and deleted all the links once I realised it was causing issue. Honestly wasn't my intention.

Fair dos for apologizing I already had a ticket but I know a lot were not happy about it being posted on glasto chat which you can understand 

1 minute ago, cityboy75 said:

Fair dos for apologizing I already had a ticket but I know a lot were not happy about it being posted on glasto chat which you can understand 

Fully understand. Took it down as soon I knew and didn't so much as mention it after that.

Just now, Donkeyradish said:

Ok my hope and dreams are shattered.

However, I have managed to bag LTF steward, so I'll be there albeit working...

LOVE THE FARM PEEPS, YOU'LL MAKE MY JOB EASIER.

if you're working i'll find you and buy you a pint

Thank you everyone - Neil and all at eFestivals, cityboy75, siblin and all who set up WhatsApp groups and everything, and generally everyone here. Congrats to those who got tickets - who knew it would be so quick...? Anyway, I was here trying desperately to get tickets for friends who hadn't got theirs. Sadly not. To those who did, do pop by Kidney Mead any time this year and find us at Timland and come say hello. We'd be delighted to meet you, but we may be a tad squiffy. But we invite you to join in our squiffyness too :-) xx