Motörhead?!

ICGenie

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw them at hyde park too last year and they were ok but not as good as previous times i had seen them. lemmy left the stage for a while and they filled with a drum solo. if you are a muso, phil campbell is a bit of a legend on guitar and pat the drummer is one of the best around. the setlist is a bit tried and tested these days and will probably include a few songs from recent albums. the classics should be along the lines of

stay clean

metropolis

going to brazil

killed by death

ace of spades

overkill - which they usually finish with

they don't seem to play bomber nowadays though

I want to like Motorhead, I just don't.

You need to stay up all Thursday night - then hit the JD and Coke and anything else you can find  from around 7.00 am Friday

By the time Motorhead have finished on the  evening you will be converted

i saw them at hyde park too last year and they were ok but not as good as previous times i had seen them. lemmy left the stage for a while and they filled with a drum solo. if you are a muso, phil campbell is a bit of a legend on guitar and pat the drummer is one of the best around. the setlist is a bit tried and tested these days and will probably include a few songs from recent albums. the classics should be along the lines of

stay clean

metropolis

going to brazil

killed by death

ace of spades

overkill - which they usually finish with

they don't seem to play bomber nowadays though

I wish they still played We are the Road Crew its a tune !

Yeah but Friday already involves a lot of dashing about for me.

You could do that walk in 10 mins. Miss a couple of Wilko tunes or leave after Ace of Spades and miss Overkill and catch all of Wilko. 

Friday is usually a dash about day anyway, kid in a sweet shop.

You could do that walk in 10 mins. Miss a couple of Wilko tunes or leave after Ace of Spades and miss Overkill and catch all of Wilko. 

Friday is usually a dash about day anyway, kid in a sweet shop.

While I intend to leg it from one to the other in 0 mins flat, Its not just about the walk between the stages - its the positioning when you get there. Gentlemen of mature years should not have to face such a terrible dilemma. I am such a tragic little man I've genuinely been working out strategies to get from one to the other since coming to terms with the weary inevitability that the only two acts I really, really want to see are jammed up against each other.

Do you take the left hand side of the Pyramid and risk the shorter route through the crowds, or the longer route up the back and drop down past the kids field, having edged your way up during Overkill. What if you leave it too long, suckered by Killed by Death and miss an early showing for Dr Dupree? A rare outing for Iron Horse, you lose track of time, and find Paradise has been and gone.

Its too, too cruel.

Edited by sparkythetortoise

• 2 weeks later...