Lineup 2016

Matt42

Absolutely 0 chance of Faith No More subbing - they only headlined NME the same year they headlined Download!

Slipknot is a good shout though, could definitely see them doing alongside a couple of very mainstream headliners (much like Metallica this year). Radio 1 have suddenly decided to play a load of metal in the daytime, so along with the album going down really well amongst their usual crowd I'm sure they're back on Reading's radar. Especially if Soni doesn't return.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could see faith no more subbing next year considering a new album is due later this year

Not really the right fit for the festival any more, especially if they're gonna sub

In terms of size I still think Foals are quite a bit off headlining. But with Imagine Dragons arena tour this year and the new album likely to be a success I think they'll be the right size.

Errrr....no

Correct me if I'm wrong but Foals haven't/couldn't do an arena tour, I'd say that's the minimum level needed to be a headline act. I think come 2016 Imagine Dragons will be considered headline sized.

Foals will do arenas on the next album and it isn't not like Imagine Dragons have tickets flying out for their tour at the moment, you can still get standing tickets for Manchester (don't know about the other dates but I'm gonna presume that it is the same). Also I'd say that Foals are more popular with the R&L crowd than you think. Also headline slots at Bestival and Latitude are still quite impressive and the next step is probably headliner

Edited by justanothername