Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say so if they're both touring, as I'm sure they will be. There were two stadium headliners in 2013 as well.

I don't think the likes of Chase & Status and The Vaccines are ready to step up. Certainly not the latter if they're not headlining stuff this year. Imagine Dragons would probably be a safer bet.

Nah I don't think Imagine dragons will be anything more than a sub here, their new album is not nearly as hyped as their debut.

Chase and Status are very popular with the R&L and Festival crowd as a whole, I think if they bring out their 3rd album next year we could see them co-headlining with a good band. Can't see C&S doing anything this year, they seem to be involved in that Rebel Sound.

Chase and Status are very popular with the R&L and Festival crowd as a whole, I think if they bring out their 3rd album next year we could see them co-headlining with a good band. Can't see C&S doing anything this year, they seem to be involved in that Rebel Sound.

It's already out mate

Edited by justanothername

oh shit I always forget about about More Than Alot

4th album then :P, but yes but the time of a 4th album they'l definitely have enough material to headline.

But that is the best one!

Anyway I'd say that C&S had enough material to headline with back in 2013 anyway but that doesn't matter as it how big you are. Look at Mumford & The Libertines they only have 2 albums each now possibly 3. Also I don't think Brand New Machine did that well compared to No More Idols (there were loads of popular singles from that album)

Why "especially alongside a huge act"?

Arguably it'd help their booking being placed alongside a huge act, but I can't help but think booking Imagine Dragons for 2016 say alongside Foos would make them appear comparatively weak for a headliner. Just my opinion of course :cool: . Still a sub at most in 2016 for me, unless their new record is incredibly popular, but even then I can't really see them headlining next year.

Edited by JSmurphy

Foo Fighters - cos Melvin loves them and foos love melvin + 4 year rule AND if they are doing glasto this year, theres always 1 glasto headliner who does R&L the year after

Neither of these things are rules though. R&L in 2012 didn't have a headliner from Glasto 2011, it has only happened the past two times and the four year rule is stupid too. We kept saying blink wouldn't headline becuase of the five year rule and then they did. However I still think Foos will headline

I wasn't being super serious about Imagine Dragons headlining but it's probably not off the table, unfortunately. Most suited festival and they seem to have sold most of the O2 out in a day and the rest seems to be going alright too.

Slipknot are probably a fair shout. Seem to have really hit another level of popularity with this album.

I'd go for Muse, Foals and Foo Fighters.

That's what I was thinking too. Don't think Foals will coheadline considering Melvin seemed so keen on making them a headliner in their own right.

Subs maybe The 1975, Frank Turner (if he doesn't actually play this year) and probably something even more daft like The Courteeners.