Lineup 2016

Matt42

royal blood and foals will inevitably headline one day

Why inveitably? Both bands could in theory release a shit album next or people stop liking them as much as they just get bored of it.

Or just do way to much coke and spend 10 years fucking around, until they reform and then headline :P

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on Catfish? Will they do a Pigeon Detectives and disappear after album number 2? Or maybe stick around the middle of the lineup for a long time like the Cribs? They could possibly do Kasabian and become headliners after album 3/4 but I think it's unlikley? Tricky band to predict in my opinion.

In contrast BMTH, Royal Blood and Disclosure will all reach headliner level with their next albums I think.

Also it is hard to tell if a band is going to headline after only one album as anything could happen between then and the their next album

Kinda my point:

royal blood and foals will inevitably headline one day

other than those two there's no one who can be guaranteed as a 'future headliner'

i wish i was part of some kind of forum when they were first announced. i mean, Chili Peppers and Smashing Pumpkins were the other two, so pretty good going there, but i bet the outrage to Razorlight headlining was phenomenal

Joke about the terrible RHCP set aside, noone really cared. Everyone accepted they were a big band, and we were all too busy masturbating over NIN, Arcade Fire and Smashing Pumpkins to moan about one shit headliner.

never has my love for a band been thwarted as fast as it was for the Chili Peppers at that festival. apart from when they released the new awful album i don't think i've willingly listened to them once since

but yeah, some great acts that year, although i didn't go and see 1. Arcade Fire OR 2. Smashing Pumpkins because 1. i am an idiot and 2. my girlfriend was tired and made me go back to the tent after NIN. that bitch

Thoughts on Catfish? Will they do a Pigeon Detectives and disappear after album number 2? Or maybe stick around the middle of the lineup for a long time like the Cribs? They could possibly do Kasabian and become headliners after album 3/4 but I think it's unlikley? Tricky band to predict in my opinion.

In contrast BMTH, Royal Blood and Disclosure will all reach headliner level with their next albums I think.

I can see them becoming more of a Courteeners, a core die-hard following that allows them good slots but still the majority don't like them.

That's the Reading I missed out on for a lads holiday to Puerto Banus. The line up was atrocious at the time, perhaps now... hmmm, I'd still struggle. I do remember Kate Nash played though without looking.

Look at the atrocious highlights, apart from the obvious Razorlight headlining, The View headlining the tent? Brand New into Ash on the Friday? LCD/NIN clash?