Lineup 2016

Matt42

The start of the endearing Sunday night riot crew, never understood the fascination from the beginning of burning people's tents

Not going to lie, being 15/16 & being just in the thick of the crowd of some of the "riots" was amazingly good fun... making the policeman do limbo, the gas canisters, climbing up the fire truck & crowd surfing. It was like a scene from Apocalypse Now.

Thinking back, I'm glad I never did anything bad, but being in the thick of it drunk, high or in the early days of widespread 16-18yo "molly" was awesome. I just did a lot of cheering & enjoying sitting around 30ft bonfires with peoples whole tents getting thrown on.

It got out of hand, & thus we have to be freezing cold on a Sunday.

I still reckon 2007 shat all over 2008.

General consensus on here has previously mentioned 2008 as one of the best ever in recent years. I thought 2007 was tripe so sold my ticket to a friend.

2006 was fun when the emo's played fold out chair tennis with Slayer metal heads over Purple's hedgerow. I reckon there was at least ten to fifteen camp chairs flying over the hedge at anyone time.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus heck The Young Knives are shite. How did I listen to this stuff? I probably thought I was cool listening to The Young Knives, The Pigeon Detectives and The Enemy at the time, as well. So much wasted time.

I quite liked The Young Knives. Put their first album on a couple of months ago and quite enjoyed it.

Also, as a note, you still think you're cool with what you listen to, and you're still wrong.

I quite liked The Young Knives. Put their first album on a couple of months ago and quite enjoyed it.

Also, as a note, you still think you're cool with what you listen to, and you're still wrong.

I'm cool now; Muse are cool. Actually I probably liked Muse more back then than I do now, as well.

Unfortunately, I know I will never be cool.

Just had that on. Listened to three songs and I'm actually kinda depressed at the moment. Jesus I can write better music than this.

Saw them play for free in London must of been summer '13, McCartney's son played, but this ended up being an absolute anthem for the summer. Amazing video as I bought my ex a couple of rats.

Cute.

yellow goes home for a bubble bath every day after the festival, so you can lump him in with the day ticketers, or even create a new category for mocking.

actually in '07 '08 and '09 i was day ticketed for sat, sun, and fri/sun respectively so

Everyone is on their last legs on Sunday so only affects day ticketers

doesn't matter, doesn't excuse how bland it was

Tool aren't cool. Awesome, but not cool.

One day I was playing Schism on guitar in halls and someone walked in and was like "This is such a good fucking song", and I was like "Eh", and he was like "Yeah I love Tool". My only previous knowledge of his music taste was that he went to Benicassim and saw Rudimental over QOTSA, and sings Blink/plays Wonderwall horrifically on guitar non-stop every day.

But anyway yes Tool aren't cool. I tend not to tell people about my music taste, though. If they ask what I'm into I just "Oh y'know just standard guitar music I guess", and then if they press for more information I probably go with stuff like Foos, Chilis, White Stripes, Biffy.

But anyway yes Tool aren't cool. I tend not to tell people about my music taste, though. If they ask what I'm into I just "Oh y'know just standard guitar music I guess", and then if they press for more information I probably go with stuff like Foos, Chilis, White Stripes, Biffy.

I start listing random bands from my collection of various degrees of popularity until they look confused and wander off, or start a conversation about which Mountain Goats album's theme is the most cohesive.

I start listing random bands from my collection of various degrees of popularity until they look confused and wander off, or start a conversation about which Mountain Goats album's theme is the most cohesive.

When I started college 2 n a bit years ago we had to go do all this ice breaker shit with our tutor group, and one activity was we had to stand in a circle and throw a ball to each other and answer questions, and my friend told everyone his favourite band was Radiohead and got some weird "you're a weirdo then" looks. I had to do it later in the day and said Radiohead, too (thought the fact less people would know their music than Muse's made them a safer bet), and someone asked me if I said radio.

Same week we sang Friday I'm In Love on karaoke in front of the whole 2,000 person college and cemented our status as the OG's of John Leggott College. I think only one person actually clapped at the end of it.