Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm patting myself on the back. They probably weren't if someone had said they were subbing & then got knocked down a peg. I won't bother what they mention from no on as they all obviously lie.

Fuck you tourette, I thought you were better than that.

Gross error of judgement.

Look at the atrocious highlights, apart from the obvious Razorlight headlining, The View headlining the tent? Brand New into Ash on the Friday? LCD/NIN clash?

Bands I'd see then...

The Subways

Ash

Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip

Lethal Bizzle

The Young Knives

Bloc Party

Digitalism

UNKLE

Jamie T + Kate Nash

Now...

not Kate Nash, but JEW, Enter Shikari, BBC.

Heard it was the first year of the "wanna burn a tent" crowd after that lovely riot the year before.

Bands I'd see then...

The Subways

Ash

Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip

Lethal Bizzle

The Young Knives

Bloc Party

Digitalism

UNKLE

Jamie T + Kate Nash

Now...

not Kate Nash, but JEW, Enter Shikari, BBC.

Heard it was the first year of the "wanna burn a tent" crowd after that lovely riot the year before.

The start of the endearing Sunday night riot crew, never understood the fascination from the beginning of burning people's tents

Would definitely still be up for Bloc Party and UNKLE on the previous note

I still reckon 2007 shat all over 2008. I said it then and I think it's even truer now. The mainstage had a lot of tripe on it, but the Carling Stage (now FR) was astounding. Foals, Maps, Kate Nash, BATTLES, Albert Hammond, Maps, SSPU, Mute Math. Plenty of good stuff. The dance tent hasn't had a better year since either, UNKLE, Digitalism, Metronomy, DIOYY, Crystal Castles.

I think I saw more bands I enjoyed at Reading 07 than I have in the years since put together, and missed more bands on that Saturday that I'd have liked to have seen than I've regretted not seeing at every subsequent year put together.

But no one hates The Cribs though

I actually have a friend who hates The Cribs, and I've never met anyone else who has an active dislike for them, so we have a lil running joke about it all the time, like when I was getting Cribs tickets for next week I was like "Hey Josh are you coming hahaha whey banter", or when Men's Needs come at a hip indie club night we'll be like "Hey Josh it's your favourite hahaha good banter". This actually happened at Leeds 2012 on the Thursday night when we were at the BBC Intro Stage. Good craic.

Recently I've realised me and my friends were The Inbetweeners.

Actually I'm cool but my friends let the side down.

Damn I forgot about The Young Knives; my brother's girlfriend when I was in year 8 was obsessed with them. She's now getting married and I'm invited to the engagement party but my brother isn't. Hope they have some Young Knives on.

Edit: Played Thurs night in 2011 didn't they?

Edited by Will-2609

Damn I forgot about The Young Knives; my brother's girlfriend when I was in year 8 was obsessed with them. She's now getting married and I'm invited to the engagement party but my brother isn't. Hope they have some Young Knives on.

Edit: Played Thurs night in 2011 didn't they?

Saw them play a couple of pubs. And a local music store. And two HMVs.

I actually have a friend who hates The Cribs, and I've never met anyone else who has an active dislike for them, so we have a lil running joke about it all the time, like when I was getting Cribs tickets for next week I was like "Hey Josh are you coming hahaha whey banter", or when Men's Needs come at a hip indie club night we'll be like "Hey Josh it's your favourite hahaha good banter". This actually happened at Leeds 2012 on the Thursday night when we were at the BBC Intro Stage. Good craic.

SCENES

I know people who don't like The Cribs, but that's more to do with Ryan Jarman being a twat rather than their music.

They're just in denial also about your mates being are The Inbetweeners, that's the same for me

Twat.

Pure unadulterated laughs.

Saw them play a couple of pubs. And a local music store. And two HMVs.

I've got that Terra Firma tune on now. Forgot how funny the frontman looked. I can't tell if he'd be incredibly boring or a funny little geezer.

SCENES

I know people who don't like The Cribs, but that's more to do with Ryan Jarman being a twat rather than their music.

I had some wild teenage years.

In my 2007 indie music MTV2/NME TV days I used to think he looked like a weird bellend. Then I got older and realised I think he's a geezer. I liked him on Nevermind the Buzzcocks. With his lil orange and black scarf. Actually I can't remember if he wore that on the show.