Prodigy....

Swine_Glasto2014

Wooderson!!!! You fucking genius!! I could kiss you right now!!! This has me beaming

I have no idea were my cassette recording of this gig is and if I still have it but now it does not matter. That gig will always be "my Prodigy gig". 14 years old and going ape shit.

This was one of the most played 60 mins of music when I was a teenager... This is nostalgia gold!!

Thank you sir! Thank you!!!

20 years ago chief. A banger of a night.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha. As others have answered for me - there are plenty of gigs i very happily go to entirely sober, the prodigy isn't really one of them!

Going back to my original point of a saturday gig over a friday though (for someone who works mon-fri) it's not even really about drinking just winding down from work enough to enjoy it... which is one of the reasons i love glastonbury so much - by the time the main stages start on the friday the real world seems a very distant memory.

This is such a valid point about Glastonbury. It's awesome to have everything those two days first to get out of work mode. Not too keen on midweek gigs for that reason. I go to them anyway but it does taint he enjoyment a tad.

I don't like to enquire smashed at gigs - well most of the time! - but for Prodigy I'd want a few drinks first. Was pretty drunk at their last Brixton gig and that was wicked.

I fly back from a holiday on he Saturday and flights aren't booked yet. Sort of wondering if I could make it... Bloody Ally Pally though.

Ha ha. As others have answered for me - there are plenty of gigs i very happily go to entirely sober, the prodigy isn't really one of them!

Going back to my original point of a saturday gig over a friday though (for someone who works mon-fri) it's not even really about drinking just winding down from work enough to enjoy it... which is one of the reasons i love glastonbury so much - by the time the main stages start on the friday the real world seems a very distant memory.

This is such a valid point about Glastonbury. It's awesome to have everything those two days first to get out of work mode. Not too keen on midweek gigs for that reason. I go to them anyway but it does taint he enjoyment a tad.

I don't like to enquire smashed at gigs - well most of the time! - but for Prodigy I'd want a few drinks first. Was pretty drunk at their last Brixton gig and that was wicked.

I fly back from a holiday on he Saturday and flights aren't booked yet. Sort of wondering if I could make it... Bloody Ally Pally though.

Pretty impressed you managed to get to the bar enough times in Brixton Academy to get drunk! It's like hell on earth getting a drink in there! I love it and it's just down the road from my house but the bars are always a nightmare I find!

Pretty impressed you managed to get to the bar enough times in Brixton Academy to get drunk! It's like hell on earth getting a drink in there! I love it and it's just down the road from my house but the bars are always a nightmare I find!

Too many exclamation marks. Apologies. Got excited clearly.

Preloaded mate. That last Brixton gig was a late start and they didn't come on until midnight. Brixton Wetherspoons is your friend.

Seems odd they have missed out Manchester. It's gonna have to be headlining Other or nothing at all from what people are saying. I'd be there for Out of Space, Fire Starter, Smack My Bitch Up and Girls amongst other older tracks. I think they might not come though unless offered a Pyramid slot and as if that will happen

Unless they're doing Parklife and hence under contract not to do a gig only a month beforehand?

They played WHP which held maybe 5000. I do not think they are too big for a festival which gets maybe 50000 a day.

The prodigy would be a fantastic fit for Parklife

Those WHP gigs were special intimate gigs and they did like 3/4 nights. They're too big for a festival that had Snoop Dogg and Foals headlining last year.

Does seem to be growing, so they might take a punt. Doubt it though.

Those WHP gigs were special intimate gigs and they did like 3/4 nights. They're too big for a festival that had Snoop Dogg and Foals headlining last year.

Does seem to be growing, so they might take a punt. Doubt it though.

Is it not the same guy behind Parklife and WHP though? If he managed to persuade them to do the intimate gigs then I reckon he would be able to get them to play Parklife.

Surely they would get a good fee for it and they would rather play at Heaton park rather than do their own gig at the Arena?

Just to add, Snoop is absolutely huge in Manchester, especially in the north of Manchester which seems to have strikingly different taste in music to the south of the city.

Edited by eastynh