Prodigy....

Swine_Glasto2014

going by what we know he's capable of ...this sounds like he's made no effort at all and cant be bothered........or he's lost it?.

massive prodigy fan ... over 40 gigs.....this is embarrassing and a major let down.

Liam of old could put this crap together in 2 minutes. Pretty sure if he gave me a crash course on his machines I could produce better than that. Either too many arse- lickers hanging about them or the ego's too far gone to listen.

If they do play Glastonbury i,m not that fussed about seeing them now ....wont take much for me to be elsewhere...

Not knocking your opinion at all, but surely this has to be one of the biggest kneejerk reactions of all time?

Regardless of one poor song, the album could be rather good, and they'll still play all their hits.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't sound too different from their material from Invaders, five years now, only not as good. Surely Howlett would have listened to Nasty back & thought, yeah I better make this better rather than release this piss poor b-side at a push. But no apparently.

Howlett is making records for 15 year olds in Eastern Europe. That Veuve Cliquot doesnt buy itself after all. Most of the last two albums is unlistenable shite. For a while he was one of the most fascinating music producers in the world however.

For me its not noteworthy. If he dropped it in a set and you had never heard it before it would be pretty unnoticeable. It would not stand out as "Oh, whats this new track?". It would just blend into the Prodigy sound that already exists. So its pretty "meh" in that regard. I originally was getting a raw, faster Minefields vibe from it, but it really is just a simple continuation of what he produced on Invaders Must Die

This dosent bother me too much, as with this sort of tune being consistent with previous work one would expect the live shows to be as you were, but I was hoping for a notable evolution in the music personally. A toning down of the "electro punk" stuff and a refining of sound to maybe bring in new layers and complexities would be what I would look for from Liam, but I think he knows what they are and what sort of stuff fuels their gigging existence. No need to take too many artistic risks...........He also would not want to sideline or isolate the lads upfront.

Still, I am interested to hear the new album, but with this as the first offering Im not holding out any hope of a new prodigal direction.............

Course, but hoping a few of the album tracks will be Weather Experience, Narcotic Suite, Climbatize sort of stuff.

Whilst those tracks lend colour and depth to Howlett's sound, I'm looking for an epic banger if I'm honest. It's what he does best.

Their live shows are keeping them alive

As long as they always have the likes of "Their Law" "Poison" "Out of Space" etc etc to drop in a set they are guaranteed full on carnage at their gigs and folk will always go back for more..........

Catching them in 2009 down the Point was great fun altogether. Squashed ourselfs up the front with the kids and let loose.

They would be a treat at Glasto IMO

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Their live shows are keeping them alive

As long as they always have the likes of "Their Law" "Poison" "Out of Space" etc etc to drop in a set they are guaranteed full on carnage at their gigs and folk will always go back for more..........

Catching them in 2009 down the Point was great fun altogether. Squashed ourselfs up the front with the kids and let loose.

They would be a treat at Glasto IMO

That was my least fave Prodigy gig of the 14 ive seen.

That was my least fave Prodigy gig of the 14 ive seen.

Did you "get involved" or skulk down the back? ;)

Myself and another lad were skulking and said "fuck this" get rid of these beers and do what you are suppose to do at a Prodigy gig and we threw ourselfs into it. Twas great craic from then on in.

Sometimes you gotta meet them halfway..............

I could only imagine the Prodigy at Glasto on the Pyramid would be shite from the back in the pram friendly family circle...........but get into that crowd and its a whole different gig

I listened to the song through a subwoofer and it sounds great

You are Meghan Trainor and I claim my 5 pounds!

As for the prodigy, its orite...its nothing special though,just the same old stuff you'd expect from the Prodigy.

Kids will love it though and go around doing the Nasty Nasty Nasty bit all summer :P

Ah sure tis great for the kids!

Im all for jumping about like a "moron" at festivals and gigs if its was the music and go of the gig lends itself to. A Prodigy gig very much falls into this category and there is nothing wrong with that.

Anyone analyzing and critiquing the Prodigys lyrical output is probably an actual moron however. Its not as if they have a history of inspired lyrics and penmanship................

Looking to be moved by poetic and meaningful prose in your tunage? Liam et al aint for you baby