Prodigy....

Swine_Glasto2014

That's probably the reaction Howlett will be looking for. it's worked since Firestarter.

i don't mind this tune as much as the others, the drums remind me of the stuff i listened to in the 90s. TDIME was ok too. wall of death, and the other one, not so much.

But I don't mean it in a "Woah that's crazy" kind of way. It just sounds like they've taken an old Prodigy track, stood shouting "IBIZA" over it and got bloody Sleaford Mods to take a shit on a microphone.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could see the setlist they will do. Got tickets for Newcastle but if this album is awful and the setlist is shit, I'd rather just sell them and put it towards going to Scotland or Hyde Park to see Blur.

It's Sleaford Mods that make it better than the rest of the crap off this album.

Nah I think their input is pretty awful too but a lot of the comments (away from here) I've seen on it complained that some chav was talking over it more than the song itself being bad. It was a bit of a horrible mismatch anyway.

I find it hard to believe Liam Howlett can walk away after making that and think 'good job'.

Beggars belief that the man who wrote Jilted and FOTL can be responsible for that dross

He's not aiming this at people that pine for stuff like Weather Experience. It's lowest common denominator gash. Honestly they're a bit of a joke now. It's sad.

Just watched an episode of Ibiza Weekender on ITV Player, even that was better than that Prodigy tune.

Vengaboys' Ibiza was better.

What the hell did you guys think of the last three songs then?

Its better than the rest of the bollocks they've put out off this album. Definitely.

To my credit, I consistently thought the new songs were shit. I didn't bang on about it though because as soon as you've put any thought into their output then you've missed the point. It just is what it is now.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm gonna go against the general grain on this thread and say I LOVE it. And it's not just some Prodigy fanboy blindness, I genuinely really like it. I would say though, they're making too many vocal-driven tracks these days. Where are the straight up instrumental bangers with the odd vocal sample, like Their Law, Spitfire and Break and Enter?