So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

"One of the things that I'd like to clear up is that we're not playing ... “A lot of folks think that we are, so loud and clear: We love Glastonbury and all the surrounding history of such a lovely festival but we're not playing it.”.

No loss. Id rather take the blind punt and wait for someone else to be announced. Could be someone interesting.

Agreed. I dunno why people are still clutching at this straw. Everyone involved has categorically said they are not playing. No band has ever played after this level of denial. Not even the stones.

Agreed. I dunno why people are still clutching at this straw. Everyone involved has categorically said they are not playing. No band has ever played after this level of denial. Not even the stones.

theres always a first! and mick seems to be the type of person who wouldnt be bothered lying if it meant making more money!

it also gives gives us a chance to be amater columbos, leave us to our fun...

now wheres my mac...

I'm definitely clutching (seeing as how I didn't buy tickets). The thing is it's just all so strange. Stevie Nicks said they were in talks, Christine mentioned that she'd like to do it, they seemed nailed on....then the flat out denial happened.

But why drip feed out the O2 gigs leading up to Glasto? Obviously new ones have been added as the previous ones sold out but it's just odd the order which they've appeared in.

My only thought is that they were going to do it (which is why the gap in the tour is there) but then opted to leave the door open to adding more dates to their own shows instead.

People are clutching at straws as the propsect of a Foo Fighters / Muse / Coldplay lineup is too bleak a prospect to contemplate. I doubt even the "Hahaha it's mum and dad's music" "brigade" would want that.

FF is nailed on I have made my peace with that.

But muse and coldplay, say it aint so!

Can someone hand me one of these straws please...

I still think Prince is going to happen anyway....

Edited by russycarps
  • Upvote 1

This blind optimism in the face of overwhelming evidence is a wondrous thing to behold. Makes one feel good to be alive

The overwhelming evidence is only known liar Mick Fleetwood saying they're not doing it.

A Glastonbury sized convenient hole in a major UK tour, when all parties would seem to be talking of it / interested / it being possible, plus bookies having them as favourites......

It's called balance of probability....

The overwhelming evidence is only known liar Mick Fleetwood saying they're not doing it.

A Glastonbury sized convenient hole in a major UK tour, when all parties would seem to be talking of it / interested / it being possible, plus bookies having them as favourites......

michael eavis also firmly denied it at the Q+A didnt he?

FWIW, I voted yes to FM - specifically Mick - lying.

But more out of blind hope than anything else. And not particularly for me, but for the wife (2nd GF and brought up on FM) and the mother in law (1st GF and FM are her favourite band). Taking a newbie to Glasto is a great experience and for a 10+timer it almost makes it a new experience.

So there's that.

The great big Glasto shaped hole, the 'Bristol Hypothesis' and Mick being a likely bullshitter gave me a bit of hope, but i'm letting it go now.

Now i'm no good at maths or statistical probability but, any chance someone could put together some sort of theory / equation whereby the unlikelihood of FM playing will also have some sort of positive butterfly effect to negate the Foos apparently being nailed on and also quash the possibility of Muse/Coldplay.

The Taylor Swift thing doesn't interest me; i'm DISinterested rather than not interested.

With regards to blind faith, i still have this odd hope that the Eavii are gonna come up with something completely out of left field and surprise everyone with at least one headliner we haven't seriously considered.

Daft Punk?

Could Lorde be there in some capacity?

Not knocking it Stu. Would love them to be there - if only that it's the best chance to get Mrs Ted there for the first time since 2011.

But it's not just Micks words now is it? The announced gig on the Friday is a bit of a pointer. Can't see it after that.

I've swapped my unsubstantiated optimism into believing Prince will headline and ZZ Top are playing Sat afternoon.

Not knocking it Stu. Would love them to be there - if only that it's the best chance to get Mrs Ted there for the first time since 2011.

But it's not just Micks words now is it? The announced gig on the Friday is a bit of a pointer. Can't see it after that.

I've swapped my unsubstantiated optimism into believing Prince will headline and ZZ Top are playing Sat afternoon.

Agreed, the new O2 date makes it much more unlikely. All very odd.

Tony - Mick is well known for various half-truths and out and out lies in his interviews and books. This is a guy who doesn't appear to know how many times he has been bankrupt?!

He may well be 100% correct on this though - but it's certainly kept us all guessing!

Mick Fleetwoods FB page said Bristol for the 26/6 so that now looks like a genuine error rather than booking for Glasto

well it's a bit odd that of all the places to be the mistake, Bristol was the place.

i could understand if it was Leeds, seeing as they're playing there after London, or Dublin, seeing as they're there before, but why Bristol?

why not Edinburgh, or Newcastle, or Brighton, or Portsmouth, or Sheffield, etc., etc.

as I said before, something similar happened when Chic were playing Bestival this year. for months on Nile Rodgers' site it had the address of a festival in Ireland that they hadn't been announced for, rather than the Bestival address: "7th September - Bestival, Stradbally, Ireland".

obviously whoever was putting up the dates on the website had copied the wrong address from a private list of tour dates which had still to be announced.

months later, Chic were, unsurprisingly, announced for that Irish festival, "30th August - Electric Picnic, Stradbally, Ireland".

obviously people realised that they were going to announce Electric Picnic appearance at some point as why else would Chic have put the address for Bestival as a completely unrelated place.

it's the same here, Bristol doesn't have any arenas, so they're not going to announce a gig there, so where is "Bristol" coming from?

Edited by ghostdancer1