So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

You're speculating that Jagger hinting that's it's their best/favourite gig, changing the words of a song to namecheck the venue and Richards touching the stage afterwards means something, that the gig was special to them and somehow drew them out of their corporate world. I'm speculating that it's the same sort of shit they've done hundreds if not thousands of times before, that it means nothing and that you're trying to shoehorn 'evidence' to try and prove a romantic notion that nobody has any idea is true or not.

I'm not doubting those things happened, I'm questioning your interpretation of them.

Don't know if it's on the DVD but on the version of the Hyde Park show shown on the TV, it starts with them talking about how special Glastonbury was. Why would they do that on a film about another show if it was just a run of the mill gig?

I doubt there are many more cynical bands than the Stones (hello Fleetwood Mac) but everything that has been written and recorded about the Glastonbury gig indicates it was something out of the ordinary.

Seeing as they agreed to do the gig before they actually did it (anything else would be an amazing stretch of the imagination), then that isn't what is being suggested.

It's exactly what's being suggested:

Not the good ones. Not all the time anyway. Sometimes they can have a moment away from the cash and reconnect with what made them great, Like The Stones last year.

Straight to the top of my best gigs ever. Gobsmacked.

Can't think of any better gigs that I've seen. Possibly my favourite gig ever to add to the folks above. And I was really expecting it to be horrific. Faxed in by the band.

The greatest rock and roll band ever playing some of the greatest rock and roll songs ever at the greatest festival ever. And playing well. Can't ask for more than that.

when you crossover best gig and best experience to rank in your faves, for me it's tops. It's the Stones, it was at my favorite place, and after much debate I decided to sacrifice quite a few hours of precious time on a lovely sunny Saturday to ease up on the drink after a lovely Lou Rhodes set in the Bimble Inn, and just settle into a spot up front in the 'pit' from Elvis onwards. it all worked out, lovely atmosphere during the breaks, just the best live experience i've had ever...what an afternoon/evening

And having said all that, Portishead were better.

and such truth here too perhaps. there are those on here who go on say Chic were great and 'fun' but you consistently read on here that those who saw Portishead mostly agree it was one of the greatest things they've EVER seen. I'm not by any stretch a 'big' fan like some of the obsessives are, but it was my first Portishead gig and I was completely blown away. I don't even think i can go and see them again because of that. Can't imagine that Chic could have had that sort of lingering effect...I'll never forget that Portishead set. the YouTube video doesn't even do 'Machine Gun' it's true justice on the night, those drums, the sound...

on any other year the Nick Cave set on Sunday would have been the best set of weekend, and the fact that it's only #3 for me in 2013 is testament to how much those Stones and Portishead experiences were.

Edited by tevaburger

but they had to agree to do it before they did it

unless there are some weird forces in play here

maybe they agreed to play, and if it wasn't as good as it turned out to be, everyone's memory would have been wiped of the whole event...??

Apologies, but I have to admit I don't understand the point you're trying to make with this "they agreed to play in advance" thing.

Saw half of Portishead & half of Chic. Should have stayed at Portishead as I saw Chic this year at Bestival, but I wasn't to know that then.

Portishead were great, but so were Chic. Sod Arctic Monkeys.

I expected to see Chic only at Glastonbury but ended up seeing them another three times last year. And again this year at Bestival.

Edited by Slugworth

The stones did a cracking job, second best gig of the weekend

Some people you have to see just because they probably won't be around much longer. That was the case with The Stones. Has to go down as a great Glasto memory - even if there were others who might have bettered them.

One my favourite things ever, that Kanye tshirt. 120 quid for a white tshirt. And he talks about fashion labels in his "rants".

What a total fucking idiot.

who's the bigger idiot; the guy selling the $120 white t-shirt, or the people who bought it so much so that it sold out instantly?

Edited by FloorFiller