So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

bloody hell to both of them lol .... its the biggest and best festi in the world and they cant get one of the biggest acts that are touring at that time .....and before you say that ACDC and Elton are big or bigger i know they are ....elton i can see closing but not my thing and ACDC well glastos not download is it YET lol

IOW fest is like someone else mentioned "a gig in a field". I used to think it was amazing, then I went to a proper festival and haven't looked back

Last time i went for a full weekend, there were 2 Big stages, and they had just introduced a 3rd stage which had some good smaller acts (at the time) on.

Its all corporate, you cant take any drink with you into the arena (although thats common for a lot of festivals. There is nothing to do before about 2pm when scouting for girls open the main stage, so you wander into Newport just to kill time. the music ends about 12 on the main stage, 1 in the Big top, and then they have 2 disco tents open until about 2am and then its all lights out, go home, no noise.

I got a day ticket to see the Stone Roses when they played, and even then you had to leave about 12 in order to catch the bus to get on the last ferry back to the mainland at 1.15am, so couldn't even go in the 'late night' areas.

Someone else mentioned about Bestival, which isn't as accessible as the IOW festival is (its a bit further out from a main town), but its got loads going on, and is great fun, probably my favourite festi because its always been sunny when i've been (its also good for the outdoor stages to be darker earlier as its later in the year)

IOW fest is like someone else mentioned "a gig in a field".

The Courteeners at Heaton Park is a gig in a field. While not being a particularly good one (dependant of course on what you look for is a festival), IOW is a festival.

A bit peeved with FM. Sounds like they're opting for the money.

Did you expect anything else?

• Upvote 1

why would they view glastonbury any differently to IoW though? they are not obsessives who sit on this website 24/7.

Maybe they just fancy playing the location which hosted one of the truly iconic festivals in 1970? Glastonbury cant compete with that.

Maybe they didnt want to be seen playing the same festival as someone as naff as lionel richie? (this would be ironic though as they are one of the most tedious naff bands of all time)

Maybe they didnt feel like being guilted into taking a lower fee just because the festival donates a bit of cash to charity?

We know IoW is shit and glastonbury ace, but what difference does that make to a band who are only going to arrive, stand on stage for a couple of hours then fuck off?

Edited by russycarps
  • Upvote 4

Yep, there are no links at all between the 2 festivals, but you wouldnt know that if you went there. They have giant statues of jimi hendrix and allsorts!

Haha, not quite statues, but yeah, the current festival does everything it can to feed off of the originals. The worst thing is people buy into it. Its like Wembley Arena trying to sell tickets for England vs Germany because they played next door

Maybe IOW will get the "Meet Mick Fleetwood" option for 700 quid?! Have a look at the pose on this fucking halfwit.

Tickets for their show this week in LA cost up to €4000! :lol:

They live in a different world, these ageing rock stars.

On the last tour, you could pay to basically go to 3 or 4 dates WITH Mick, in his private jet, eat with him at meals etc. Like his wee bum chum. But it was something like $40,000!

What would you talk about around the dinner table?

Mick "So, what was your favourite album of ours?"

Bloke "Oh I dunno, I just had a spare 40k and a week off work, thought it'd be a laugh. Any more of that wine left?"

• Upvote 1

They live in a different world, these ageing rock stars.

On the last tour, you could pay to basically go to 3 or 4 dates WITH Mick, in his private jet, eat with him at meals etc. Like his wee bum chum. But it was something like $40,000!

What would you talk about around the dinner table?

Mick "So, what was your favourite album of ours?"

Bloke "Oh I dunno, I just had a spare 40k and a week off work, thought it'd be a laugh. Any more of that wine left?"

:lol:

Yeah its bizarre really. I'm all for meet and greets but charging 700 quid for the privilege is total bullshit. Last years headliner (Metallica) do it for fan club members for free. Well free after the membership fee.

They actually give something back to the fans, play fanclub exclusive gigs, meet the members and bring them on stage for Glastonbury headliner appearances!

Check out the load of old cobblers you get with Fleetwood. For 700 quid a pop.

One premium reserved ticket located in the first 5 rows

. VIP early entry into the venue

. Exclusive meet & greet with Mick Fleetwood

. Personal photograph with Mick Fleetwood

. Autographed 8x10 photo

. Onstage Q&A session at Mick's drum set

. Exclusive tour merchandise item

. Official meet & greet laminate

. On-site VIP host

. Limited availability

Jesus Christ Mick, if you're taking 1400 quid from these two idiots can you at least a fake fucking smile!?

jenmemick01a.jpg

Torri,%2BMick%2BFleetwood%2Band%2BDotty%

Edited by The Nal

I love the "Q&A at his drum kit".

Because unless you're a drummer, you'd basically be asking "So what does that one do? And that one? What about that one? At what point of Go Your Own Way do you hit that one?"

You can do that in a music shop for free!

I love those photos. Theres such a look of distain on his face. An absolute swindler.

Sounds like such an empty experience. Although this guy seemed to love it.

Edited by The Nal

You can do that in a music shop for free!

I love those photos. Theres such a look of distain on his face. An absolute swindler.

Sounds like such an empty experience. Although this guy seemed to love it.

I love FM, I really do, but the meet & greet, for that money, just sounds shite.

A few years ago, I bought a Pledge Music meet and greet for Cast at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. A big band for me in my teenage years. It cost me £20 and I was the ONLY PERSON THERE.

I saw a near 2-hour sound-check (much of the whole set!), and was then invited up to the dressing room with the lads in the band and had a beer with them. The whole thing was about 3 hours and the band were wicked. They were genuinely happy a fan wanted to pay to do that. £20 was nothing to them, but to feel like they actually gave a shit, was great.

• Upvote 2

I love FM, I really do, but the meet & greet, for that money, just sounds shite.

A few years ago, I bought a Pledge Music meet and greet for Cast at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. A big band for me in my teenage years. It cost me £20 and I was the ONLY PERSON THERE.

I saw a near 2-hour sound-check (much of the whole set!), and was then invited up to the dressing room with the lads in the band and had a beer with them. The whole thing was about 3 hours and the band were wicked. They were genuinely happy a fan wanted to pay to do that. £20 was nothing to them, but to feel like they actually gave a shit, was great.

Thats cool.

Fleetwoods sounds like you're ushered in, a token picture, told a few bog standard stories and then send back out to the queue with the rest of the fans. Lasts about 40 minutes all in. For 700 quid.