FLEETWOOD MAC not doing Glastonbury 2015.

Swine_Glasto2014

Got BST written all over it if you ask me.

Having said that, it depends on two things. Firstly, whether there will be a second Taylor Swift date, and secondly whether the FM tour tickets sell out that quickly. I imagine they will.

EDIT: It would probably be the biggest Glastonbury 'turnaround' in recent years if they did play. Sure, lots of acts have said 'no comment' or 'no', but none so adamantly as Mick Fleetwood has there.

Edited by GlastoSimon

How much does a top notch headliner get for Glastonbury?

Didn't Springsteen only get £250k but The Stones got a million?

What is the going rate that he's prepared to pay these days if he really wants them?

250k is the set price i believe (and although Eavis said the Stones got the same, that's almost definitely bollocks)

if they just aren't playing Glastonbury with those dates, then it probably means they don't want to play.

Maybe the dates are as they are because Mick Fleetwood got lucky on T Day, and we'll come across him completely off his tits down in the naughty corner at 4am on Sunday morning...

• Upvote 3

hmm...i dont want to sound liek a git, but couldnt that be pretty dangerous if lots of people did that??

O2 - it is seats that are empty during the whole gig. Won't say more than that!

Wembley Arena - only works for seated gigs where you can get down the front and stand, i.e. Fleetwood Mac!

I don't nick anyone's seat, I don't get in anyone's way.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure Coldplay got £300k last time but one they played. That would have been almost a decade back now.

I remember reading that someone got £750k recently-ish, the not sure now if that was U2 or the Stones.

What Glasto is paying is probably getting much nearer to standard rates nowadays.

I hope he hasn't been able to get hold of Fleetwood Mac because of their own tour clashing and not just of what he can offer them financially.

If FM announce a different festival during the summer in the UK it will be bad news for Glastonbury in terms of attracting headliners in the future,especially as artists are telling us that there's no money in record sales anymore and it's all in the concert fees these days.

Mick Fleetwood himself wouldn't stand to make a great deal out of publishing I don't think off the back of a TV appearence whereas Stevie,Lindsey and Christine obviously would,however small that sales increase might be.

I wonder if Stevie might turn up on her own to try and promote her own LP which has just come out and that's why there's a break in their schedule that week.

She has been on record saying that festivals need to be played.

Edited by chrislfc

one of them said never say never so im saying they will play ..........there now you know old sons

I don't think Stevie will be still touring in 2016 with FM so unless it's a one off gig under very special circumstances,the fallow year in 2017 probably puts them out the game all together unless they turn up next year.

Edited by chrislfc

It was only speculation on here by a coupletmd people so not big news as such.

But the farm - apparently - doesn't need the fallow year to recover anymore with the new infrastructure but the fallow year was kept to appease locals and thus lessen objections to the license.

They now have a ten year licence and fallow years aren't mentioned in it so it is a possiblity - probably only a tiny tiny possibility - that there may not be one.

Ah fair enough,thought the Eavii quite liked a break themselves.

Can someone help me out and tell me how much the FM tickets are going to be? I can never find concert prices beforehand, I don't know what I do wrong.

I still think they will headline but I'm looking at going to the O2.

Thanks in advance :-)

Ticketmaster says they are two prices - £56.75 and £138.50.

I don't know how much better the pricier tickets are but it must be something special to be more than double for the same show. That's not even the premium ones - they're £361!

think the £50 ones are just going to be the ones at the very back / restricted view seats

maybe just so they can't be completed derided at having zero tickets under £100. but it is as good as that really.

if they were to play glastonbury and you wanted to see them it would make the £200 ticket a total bargain wouldnt it! can't see it happening now, odds on BST appearance announced once this lot sell out.

i initially thought 2x O2 arena and hyde park was a lot but arcade fire did earl's court and BST didnt they with no problems. oh, and glastonbury!

i think its just unfortunate that the dates stack up and everything is in place for it to happen, but they are choosing not to take the opportunity. as a fan you never like to think / believe that it is all about the money but this just shows that it absolutely and completely is.

Edited by Memory Man

Ticketmaster says they are two prices - £56.75 and £138.50.

I don't know how much better the pricier tickets are but it must be something special to be more than double for the same show. That's not even the premium ones - they're £361!

Thanks. Where are you seeing that?

Thanks. Where are you seeing that?

The Ticketmaster page if you click price range.

i think its just unfortunate that the dates stack up and everything is in place for it to happen, but they are choosing not to take the opportunity. as a fan you never like to think / believe that it is all about the money but this just shows that it absolutely and completely is.

It does seem a shame. Though I do kind of struggle to think why they might choose Glastonbury over more lucrative options when it's more of a legacy thing, something the Mac already have. The ticket prices are ridiculous though but if they can get £1-2m a night and the fans still go home happy then fair play to them.

They now have a ten year licence and fallow years aren't mentioned in it so it is a possiblity - probably only a tiny tiny possibility - that there may not be one.

It's not legally possible to put a fallow year into a multi-year licence.

I was sat in the licence hearing for the first multi-year licence, where there was a fair bit of discussion around fallow years and how it applied to the new (at that time) multi-year licences.

In that case there was a formal(ish) statement made, along the lines that the council had a continuing expectation of the festival having fallow years, with Glasto giving a formal(ish) commitment that they would continue.

It always struck me that the fallow year would fade over future years because of how the licencing now worked - and because the fallow year thing had been fading across the years anyway. It used to be one year off in every three, then it was every four, then every five, and the last was every six.

My guess is that once the festival is solely in Emily's hands, it will have gone entirely. Whether or not that might happen while Michael is still involved I'm less sure.

£361 for a gig deserves a government enquiry, that's half the price of a flight to australia, just absurd

I love The Mac, but this is absolutely scandalous. Fleetwood also offers VIP tickets where you get to meet him pre-gig or wine-tasting and it's huge sums of money.

I have a real issue with bands JUST looking to make money, which I'm afraid FM seem to do. Buckingham solo isn't too bad, he puts out some fairly different stuff and doesn't whore himself out on huge tours, but the band do.

The Stones are the same.

I don't understand why already incredibly wealthy people who live in 5-star hotels and live as well as it is possible to live (Fleetwood lives in Maui FFS) need MORE money.

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2012/01/mick-fleetwoods-maui-estate-becomes.html

I guess they're as addicted to the dollar as they were to the white stuff.

I went to two gigs last week of really decent names (War On Drugs and Royal Blood), had a great time and spent £18 and £15 on tickets.

I've pretty much zero interest in Fleetwood Mac so kind of hoping they don't play. Increases the chances of someone I like playing!

But they'll get Coldplay instead which is worse.

what act could headline next year that is a band you like? (and is a realistic choice)

I've written off the headliners next year.

Edited by russycarps