FLEETWOOD MAC not doing Glastonbury 2015.

Swine_Glasto2014

Obsessive Fleetwood Mac fans would have certainly heard the rumours.

It would have been a gamble to buy on that basis, sure - but you're only down a tenner if the line-up is announced without them and you opt to get a refund.

Aaargh you beat me to the obvious pun.....

What these rumours?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DvVznAb9-Ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

(ahem)

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/141107d.shtml

He said, "But one of the things that I'd like to clear up, we're not playing Glastonbury. And a lot of folks think that we are, so loud and clear from Fleetwood Mac, we love Glastonbury and all the surrounding history of such a lovely festival, but we're not playing it, and a lot of people that I meet are totally buying tickets for what will be a great show in any case, certainly without Fleetwood Mac, I know that. They always have a great headliner but it won't be us.

"So, no bad faith for Glastonbury because it's an incredible festival I don't want people thinking that we are playing it, but we are coming next summer."

Asked if that means they will never play Glastonbury in the future, Mick added, "never say never."

Many others have played Hyde Park as well as Glastonbury.

going by the number of dates they're doing in the USA, I'm guessing that the UK will get an extensive number of dates too - which would certainly make things far more difficult to reconcile with Glastonbury than is the case for an act that only does Hyde Park alongside Glasto.

Honestly.... Russy, look at what I said, seriously, ask yourself what you are disagreeing with in my comment?

Its not just "obsessives like us on this forum", I understand FM forums have been discussing it, some gossip in the papers as well.

It would appear enough noise has been made for MF to feel it reasonable to comment, and to do so in a warm and respectful way.

How many fights do you start in empty rooms?

• Upvote 1

Honestly.... Russy, look at what I said, seriously, ask yourself what you are disagreeing with in my comment?

Its not just "obsessives like us on this forum", I understand FM forums have been discussing it, some gossip in the papers as well.

It would appear enough noise has been made for MF to feel it reasonable to comment, and to do so in a warm and respectful way.

How many fights do you start in empty rooms?

fights? gosh no need to be so sensitive chum. Just a difference of opinion.

It's November. Micky F has tickets to sell. Confirming playing the biggest/televised show in the world doesn't make sense to him. Fair enuff.

Micky E has been an unreliable source for years now lads. The Mac could easily play despite these protestations to the contrary.

It's November. Micky F has tickets to sell. Confirming playing the biggest/televised show in the world doesn't make sense to him. Fair enuff.

Micky E has been an unreliable source for years now lads. The Mac could easily play despite these protestations to the contrary.

A couple of days ago I would have strongly agreed, tho I've switched the other way as a result of Mick's words on R2 today.

That's not me saying it's not happening, just that I now think it's not happening.

Stevie was denied just as vociferously.

According to Emily - who I asked about this, face-to-face - Stevie hadn't been approached and wasn't being considered at the point point she gave that denial.

Part of the convo included me telling her that lots of people now thought she was a bullshitter because of the denial, and she seemed genuinely upset that people were thinking that. She insisted she was telling the truth both when she said about Stevie, and when she was speaking to me.

For what it's worth, I believe her. She's always seemed open and honest with me, and has been prepared to tell me things she had no need to tell me (that in many cases I know to be true via other means).

A couple of days ago I would have strongly agreed, tho I've switched the other way as a result of Mick's words on R2 today.

That's not me saying it's not happening, just that I now think it's not happening.

According to Emily - who I asked about this, face-to-face - Stevie hadn't been approached and wasn't being considered at the point point she gave that denial.

Part of the convo included me telling her that lots of people now thought she was a bullshitter because of the denial, and she seemed genuinely upset that people were thinking that. She insisted she was telling the truth both when she said about Stevie, and when she was speaking to me.

For what it's worth, I believe her. She's always seemed open and honest with me, and has been prepared to tell me things she had no need to tell me (that in many cases I know to be true via other means).

interesting, she hardly seems like the coniving type(based on not knowing her at all)

does michael lie then or does he just not know/care whats going on!? :sarcastic:

they could still backtrack couldnt they? although i dont remember anyone being this adamant about not playing and then headlining, anyone?

I doubt it as the tour is all about the money to top up the pension fund, so Glastonbury was never going to appeal...shame really I would have liked to see them but will be buying tour tickets anyway so least with them not doing Glastonbury I get to see someone else

Book FNM Eavis!!!

interesting, she hardly seems like the coniving type(based on not knowing her at all)

does michael lie then or does he just not know/care whats going on!? :sarcastic:

I don't feel that Michael has ever told me a porkie face to face, tho occasionally i've heard a different side of the same story where the differences are from each teller having a different personal perspective.

Outside of personal interaction tho, I've been warned off taking too much notice of what Michael says now, cos he was bullshitting when he said something about "we've got three of the world's biggest bands" around late August year, cos nothing was booked or even lined up at that time.

So i'd put more faith in anything Emily said to the press than I would something from Michael.

Edited by eFestivals

Thanks for that Neil - take your point that Em comes across as genuine.

That said there's been a lot of comment from the band in the past. Whilst an outright denial would appear fairly damning of their chances I wouldn't at all be surprised at a big glaring gap in tour dates once announced.