Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

29 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Aphex Twin and Carl Cox I’ve also had info on in regards to Pangea.

We’re being spoiled if this is true. Would be some really big bookings.

Also maybe I’m over estimating the size of the chemical brothers but surely that’s a crowd control issue if it’s after the headliners?

10 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Also maybe I’m over estimating the size of the chemical brothers but surely that’s a crowd control issue if it’s after the headliners?

I assume it'll be a DJ set if it's on Pangea so not quite as big a deal their usual live sets, plus that crowd area is colossal 

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The Twin on Pangea? Good heavens above. I have a recurring daydream of hearing Polynomial-C as the sun sets at Glastonbury

That would be fascinating. There are a lot of dance-moneys at Glastonbury, but I still wonder how many people would be drawn to Pangea by this huge, iconic 'name', only for RDJ to drop a deep set and them go "what the fuck is this?"! Bicep, he ain't...

Ben

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Don't fuck with us Joey!! 

I am not fond of that goddamn field though. 

I'm convinced it's the field most dependent on where you are.

I always tried to get right under the spider, which meant I missed the visuals, but, man, the sound was superb in the middle of the speaker set-up. Jon Hopkins in 2017 was extraordinary.

For 2019 and Pangea's first year, we again were right by/around the booth, and the sound was pretty good again, though not yet at spider levels. Of course, nothing could completely resolve the fact that every other track was Jamie Jones dropping some flappy hand stuff...!

Ben

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That would be fascinating. There are a lot of dance-moneys at Glastonbury, but I still wonder how many people would be drawn to Pangea by this huge, iconic 'name', only for RDJ to drop a deep set and them go "what the fuck is this?"! Bicep, he ain't...

Ben

Yes, I guess there's a higher chance of it being from the more esoteric, avant garde side of the AT back catalogue. It would make for some wonderful twisted electronic soundscapes across that field...and some very confused faces expecting two hours of Windowlicker. One thing's for sure, if he plays, it'll be on his terms

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm convinced it's the field most dependent on where you are.

I always tried to get right under the spider, which meant I missed the visuals, but, man, the sound was superb in the middle of the speaker set-up. Jon Hopkins in 2017 was extraordinary.

For 2019 and Pangea's first year, we again were right by/around the booth, and the sound was pretty good again, though not yet at spider levels. Of course, nothing could completely resolve the fact that every other track was Jamie Jones dropping some flappy hand stuff...!

Ben

Absolutely no chance of getting my team there and people not wanting to see the visuals 😃! I didn't see anything on Pangaea to be honest, but every time I nipped through the field you'd hear music repeating back off of the edge of the field and self-interfering - assuming it's better when it's full! 

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Absolutely no chance of getting my team there and people not wanting to see the visuals 😃! I didn't see anything on Pangaea to be honest, but every time I nipped through the field you'd hear music repeating back off of the edge of the field and self-interfering - assuming it's better when it's full! 

Don’t forget it was year one .. I’d expect lots of improvement 

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I hope so. For me, Pangea felt a little bit like "what's that? Someone's selling a huge crane? Sweet, we'll take it. Right...now what do we do with this giant crane...?"

Think of the 2 years extra development we’ve had … although of course one may well have been downtime … there will be creative ideas flowing in that time . Year 1 of the project …. And if you look back at the difference between the afterburner and last spider version the difference is pheonominal … it just takes time … the moon will be up for starters 

14 hours ago, Zacko said:

I've got a three month sabbatical from work, so doing Colombia, Panama, Guatemala and Mexico! Hoping for some banging parties in Mexico.

Funnily enough, I was supposed to be at Caribou last night (well, when it was supposed to be in 2020) - saw some videos from mates, looked pumping! A Caribou Glasto slot (Park headliner?) would be very nice. 

Incredibly jealous. 

Was it 2019 they played the Glade? 

Middle of the crowd was definitely the place to be on Tuesday. 

13 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Aphex Twin and Carl Cox I’ve also had info on in regards to Pangea.

Aphex Twin 😍

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the moon will be up for starters 

I think this may always be subject to how windy it is. Isn't that why it was nixed in 2019? I think we've probably had this debate post-2019 and its first run-out, but it's an interesting one, worth re-visiting. Personally, I wasn't blown away, like I was for the spider and the afterburner the first time I saw those. Of course, they've got a great track record of producing visually striking events but I don't know, this one felt just a little bit...gimmicky. Probably slightly unfair but we'll see what 2022 brings. As you say, they've had three years to create something special.

But IICON. Now we're talking...

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think this may always be subject to how windy it is. Isn't that why it was nixed in 2019? I think we've probably had this debate post-2019 and its first run-out, but it's an interesting one, worth re-visiting. Personally, I wasn't blown away, like I was for the spider and the afterburner the first time I saw those. Of course, they've got a great track record of producing visually striking events but I don't know, this one felt just a little bit...gimmicky. Probably slightly unfair but we'll see what 2022 brings. As you say, they've had three years to create something special.

I’ve not seen that one in full action yet .. wandered past when it had a small crowd … so unable to give it fair judgement … hopefully get to take a look in 146 days 

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Have they had 3 years? I doubt they’ve been at much during the pandemic. The money certainly hasn’t been rolling in from a worldwide tour like the spider used to do. It’ll probably be much the same as 2019 I think. I enjoyed it. 

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Have they had 3 years? I doubt they’ve been at much during the pandemic. The money certainly hasn’t been rolling in from a worldwide tour like the spider used to do. It’ll probably be much the same as 2019 I think. I enjoyed it. 

Those 3 years although they might have not had some of the building capacity they will still have had some of the creative ideas so things won’t have completely stalled .. things evolve during fallow years , although I’m sure covid will have an impact …. To use a hat analogy I’ve put no money into it but I’ve thought about what I’d like to do going forward … it now depends on how much time and effort I can throw into it once I have the green light which for me is tickets 

18 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Some names suggested to me for Pangea  ... make of it what you want ..... some already been spoken about so might well be accurate . four tet , Chase and Status , Calvin Harris , Chemical brothers , Annie Mac  adds to @JoeyT info ..... @Obiginnaw only just read above .... might be in luck 

Would it surprise you if Pangea isn't on the line up this year? 

Planning permission was refused, as was the appeal.  I think there's a possibility that the spider will make a glorious return this year. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Would it surprise you if Pangea isn't on the line up this year? 

Planning permission was refused, as was the appeal.  I think there's a possibility that the spider will make a glorious return this year. 

Yeah it would as it appears to still be there …  maybe a local can confirm as Obs the webcam is down … I’d also be surprised if the south east corner hasn’t had some renaming and changes 

Edited by crazyfool1