bennyhana22

Electronica/Dance

Played an old set of mine, this came on it & I was buzzing. When it came out, it was everywhere. Not heard it in a long time though.

Still bangs.

Houghton festival back on the 6th to 9th August. Tickets on sale feb 4th. They cancelled this year because of wind. I’ve wanted to go to this since 2017 but I can’t talk any of mates into it, even the glasto ones who live in the uk, so I’m thinking I might just go on my own but maybe not for 4 days.

Edited by Madyaker

On 11/29/2019 at 12:53 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

A few of my top Clubbing moments ever....

2003 - Being 19 years old, still pretty new to serious clubbing and seeing Eddie Halliwell at the Republic in Sheffield. It blew me away. I'd never really experienced anything like it.

2005 - Space Ibiza - Erick Morillo. It was live on Radio one. 

My first trip to Gashouder in Amsterdam

Space Ibiza 2006 - Carl Cox playing this.....

Took the time to find that Erick Morillo set and holy shit you weren’t fucking around with that suggestion 

Edited by Jeremy Irons

Spoke to jamie xx last night and he said that he hasn’t yet received a call. But his schedule is clear and if he gets one he will say yes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Spoke to jamie xx last night and he said that he hasn’t yet received a call. But his schedule is clear and if he gets one he will say yes.

Interesting. So do artists like Jamie xx, with a history of playing there, not also approach the festival themselves (i.e their management) and ask? He headlined the park, Emily's field. 

I'm certain, for example, Sasha plays when he wants. I.e every 2/3 years to spread it out. 

Anyone know? 

I guess it's 7 months away. 

Edited by danbailey80

2 hours ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Took the time to find that Erick Morillo set and holy shit you weren’t fucking around with that suggestion 

It was incredible. The set was 2 hours, the recording is only an hour long. The whole thing was unreal.

I remember Pete Tong being on next & shit.

There were loads on that night all over the club. It was like a mini festival.  Different styles etc.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Magnificent clang there, Matt

:D

Ben

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It was incredible. The set was 2 hours, the recording is only an hour long. The whole thing was unreal.

I remember Pete Tong being on next & shit.

There were loads on that night all over the club. It was like a mini festival.  Different styles etc.

I feel like Space must have been such a different animal. Only ever been to Hi and that was for the first time this year and I did not enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Irons said:

I feel like Space must have been such a different animal. Only ever been to Hi and that was for the first time this year and I did not enjoy it.

I’ve never been to Hi, don’t really know what they’ve done to it. But Space was a special special club.

55 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I’ve never been to Hi, don’t really know what they’ve done to it. But Space was a special special club.

Agreed... especially back in the open air terrace days.  Nothing like it!

Bicep headlining Field Day. Buzzing to see them start headlining the mid sized festivals! 

Really hoping they headline Love Saves the Day in Bristol as well. 

6 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Bicep headlining Field Day. Buzzing to see them start headlining the mid sized festivals! 

Really hope they're headlining one of the main stages. The Park against Macca would be tremendous 

9 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I'm really looking forward to their Brixton set in March! Hopefully either them or Orbital on Sunday night vs T-Swift (sorry Mezhyp1). 

20 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Really hope they're headlining one of the main stages. The Park against Macca would be tremendous 

Someone (maybe even in this thread?) had info they were headlining the Park I believe? Could be wrong. 

Hello!

Long time lurker, but first time poster here.

Just wanted to chime in and say Chapter 10's final night at Bloc on Saturday was very emotional, but great to see Midland close proceedings. Strange that he used his real name this time, but I guess he's Chapter 10 family at this point.

Also, the new release from Randomer is really something.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

been thinking that thom yorke on iicon would be a really good fit.

I recall seeing @Ddiamondd having that on a wishlist and thinking it looked a good combo 

On 11/28/2019 at 5:06 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Friday night JP headliner is the dream, but I think he'd be too expensive.

I think a dance headliner in there would work.

Prydz would ram out the JP too much though surely? Would love to see him on Icon

17 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Prydz would ram out the JP too much though surely? Would love to see him on Icon

Would think it'd be fine, Block 9 definitely won't book him so it'd need to be that 

For anyone interested. This is an hour of Carl Cox's Boomtown set. 

It was really good. The best I have seen him ina long time. Miles better than Arcadia this year. I am gutted it doesnt show how he started though

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

For anyone interested. This is an hour of Carl Cox's Boomtown set. 

It was really good. The best I have seen him ina long time. Miles better than Arcadia this year. I am gutted it doesnt show how he started though

I am in the resale club this year :( so have boomtown as a potential alternate option. Whats your general view on it - worth it? Stage sets look amazing!