Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Jackmaster only didn't play because he was at the euros this year,

im not sure he wasn't using that as code word for "they don't pay enough" to be honest.....

after the greg wilson blog expose I don't really blame any name DJ for not playing Glastonbury as its fairly clear there isn't that much money in it and that there's not much compensation in the way of free tickets available either.

Edited by Memory Man

20 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

im not sure he wasn't using that as code word for "they don't pay enough" to be honest.....

after the greg wilson blog expose I don't really blame any name DJ for not playing Glastonbury as its fairly clear there isn't that much money in it and that there's not much compensation in the way of free tickets available either.

im 99.9% certain that's not the case for Jack. He had been very vocal in the past about Glastonbury being one of his favourite weekends of the year(he's usually makes a festival of it like the rest of us). I met him not too long before the summertime and he seemed gutted that he wouldn't be able to make it. I've seen him in the subclub casually a few times and at the football from time to time, so hopefully i will see him before Glastonbury and be able to pick his nose about it, but il be shocked if thats the case 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

It was all rather easy i tried for some friends, i've decided against it for now until i know what my plans are going to be next summer. It's a bit of a hike from Glasgow also 

It is a bit of a mooch from here too. I am doing it, then flying to Ibiza the next day..... 2017 is one last hurrah for me getting smashed. Not that I'll stop completely - but one last big un

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"

16 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

im 99.9% certain that's not the case for Jack. He had been very vocal in the past about Glastonbury being one of his favourite weekends of the year(he's usually makes a festival of it like the rest of us). I met him not too long before the summertime and he seemed gutted that he wouldn't be able to make it. I've seen him in the subclub casually a few times and at the football from time to time, so hopefully i will see him before Glastonbury and be able to pick his nose about it, but il be shocked if thats the case 

i hear you and would tend to agree but he seems to be making a bit of an effort to drop the "jack the lad" thing and go a bit more professional these days, understandably.

he has stopped getting on it quite so much if you believe his recent interviews lol

Edited by Memory Man

18 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It is a bit of a mooch from here too. I am doing it, then flying to Ibiza the next day..... 2017 is one last hurrah for me getting smashed. Not that I'll stop completely - but one last big un

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"

I said that about Glasto 2015, we had a baby this year you see so thought that would be the end of our partying. 

Managed to get tickets for 2017. The party never stops.... 

9 hours ago, TheBurns said:

AMP-LOST-FOUND-2017-ARTWORK-INSTAGRAM-FI

Anyone ever been to this?

I've never been to Malta and it would give me something to look forward to after Christmas before glasto. 

Never been but know a couple of people that have and they loved it. 

Brilliant line up as well. Hopefully see a few of them at GF next year.

Warehouse project update....

Got in at 8:45 as they said no entry after nine. I was refused as I had no ID. I am 6ft 3 snd 32 years old. After pleading my case I got in.

There is a sniffer dog...

My mate has been refused entry as they found 4 bombs of speed. Another mate got the 3rd degree by a bouncer...

Overall it hasnt started well.

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Got in at 8:45 as they said no entry after nine. I was refused as I had no ID. I am 6ft 3 snd 32 years old. After pleading my case I got in.

My mate has been refused entry as they found 4 bombs of speed. Another mate got the 3rd degree by a bouncer...

Hope you have a good one Fuzzy,

Report back once you're back down to earth 

20 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Shit a brick, Fuzz. That sounds way over the top :blink:

Hope it got better from there. Report, please.

Ben

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

Caught Joy orbison last night in Bristol.  Really great stuff, absolutely breezing though genres without a care in the world.

Motion/ marble factory is great venue too. Similar to WHP, but not oversold to the  point it becomes uncomfortable and you can't even dance.

Was in Motion last night for Crystal Castles. Great sound in there, far better than in the O2 on Tuesday for Sleaford Mods when the sound was "dull" for half the very short set.

Motion has shit beer though. Actually the O2 is worse.

On 11/11/2016 at 9:19 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Got a ticket for EPIC 5.0

@SPTFRE - did you get one?

Had a nightmare @FuzzyDunlop . Was offline in deepest Devon, when I got back they'd sold out. So if you hear of any face value spares gimme a shout. Glad you're going now! :-)

Edited by SPTFRE

On 13/11/2016 at 3:10 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

Hope you have a good one Fuzzy,

Report back once you're back down to earth 

17 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Shit a brick, Fuzz. That sounds way over the top :blink:

Hope it got better from there. Report, please.

Ben

Way OTT is an understatement...

Following on from my previous post:

After 4 of 5 of us getting in, the other went to meet some others. We mooched about, the sound was good near the front, awful anywhere else.

Room 2 was better - stayed there... at 10 ish, bouncers turned up with torches. Grabbing people, doing random on the spot searches. Shining lights in womens handbags etc. I saw 5/6 more thrown out.

I was grabbed by a bouncer, who found nothing. Started asking me "Whats your name? where do you live? What do ypu do for a job? Where is it? How do ypu get there from here?" - Fuck me, this isn't stewarding.

We Carried on for about 40 more mins. Saw more of the same going on.

I left room 2 (which was busy at the front, quiet near the back) and went to the toilet. When trying to get back in the room, at the top entrance - so I knew it was quiet...

"No - its full".  

"Sorry? It isn't"

"If you dont go away I will throw you out"

At this point more people try to get in, all told no. Then a big bouncer turns up and starts shouting "EVERYONE MOVE... EVERYONE MOOOOOOVE" and pushes a few back. Way ott.

Someone else is thrown out.

All my mates are in room 2. They come out after 10 mins or so as I text one. As they come out we see someone else being led out.

We decided at that point to "fuck it off as a bad un before one of us gets arrested"

We left at about 11 went to a mates and just got smashed.

Never had an experience like it, and never again will I go to the WHP.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Way OTT is an understatement...

Following on from my previous post:

After 4 of 5 of us getting in, the other went to meet some others. We mooched about, the sound was good near the front, awful anywhere else.

Room 2 was better - stayed there... at 10 ish, bouncers turned up with torches. Grabbing people, doing random on the spot searches. Shining lights in womens handbags etc. I saw 5/6 more thrown out.

I was grabbed by a bouncer, who found nothing. Started asking me "Whats your name? where do you live? What do ypu do for a job? Where is it? How do ypu get there from here?" - Fuck me, this isn't stewarding.

We Carried on for about 40 more mins. Saw more of the same going on.

I left room 2 (which was busy at the front, quiet near the back) and went to the toilet. When trying to get back in the room

"No - its full".  

"Sorry? It isn't"

"If you dont go away I will throw you out"

At this point more people try to get in, all told no. Then a big bouncer turns up and starts shouting "EVERYONE MOVE... EVERYONE MOOOOOOVE" and pushes a few back. Way ott.

Someone else is thrown out.

All my mates are in room 2. They come out after 10 mins or so as I text one. As they come out we see someone else being led out.

We decided at that point to "fuck it off as a bad un before one of us gets arrested"

We left at about 11 went to a mates and just got smashed.

Never had an experience like it, and never again will I go to the WHP.

That does sound terrible (and weird).  At first when you said you didn't have ID and your mate had 'findable' bombs then I thought you kinda have yourselves to blame but actually that is very poor behaviour from the bouncers.

I went to four tet and bonobo this year (first visits to WHP) and found the staff, venue, everything was great (though oversold).  Bouncer even found an empty baggie in my pocket on entry but didn't say a word, whereas the jobsworth type wouldn't have liked it.