Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

17 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Yeah I'm not holding out for a Field Day ticket, getting one today. That lineup is shaping up nicely.

DJ lineup alone is almost worth the money; plus Nico, FlyLo, Aphex, Slowdive, KG, etc. Yep. 

47 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Yeah I'm not holding out for a Field Day ticket, getting one today. That lineup is shaping up nicely.

The line up is dreadful. Dreadfully good. Too many good acts, not enough time.

The other half can sod off if he's expecting me to cheer him on during the eating contest or whatever other nonsense he insists on doing. Busy.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Really?  Saw him at WHP last year when ModeSelektor were on.  Didn't do anything for me.

think it's not the 4th year in a row he's won?

Not saying he deserves it just that he always wins. I'm not really a fan of that big room techno thing but saw him at Dekmantel this year and it was mind blowing

Just now, your mother said:

think it's not the 4th year in a row he's won?

Not saying he deserves it just that he always wins. I'm not really a fan of that big room techno thing but saw him at Dekmantel this year and it was mind blowing

Might have just been my mood/slot he was in.  I listened to him on Spotify a bit in preparation.  Again, didn't really grab me.  I never realised he was held in such regard.

always creates a load of talking points, i like the list as at least it is truly representative. At the end of the day though, ranking anything as subjective as musical taste is just going to end in endless disagreements and bickering.

Eg how anyone likes Patrick Topping and Skream and all that is beyond me. I particularly loathe Skream as he has just ridden whatever is popular (dubstep, then house&techno) in order to stay popular / relevant. What's more he isn't even notably a great, authentic house and techno DJ. Popularity perpetuates popularity though and he obviously has a great agent that gets him on all the top lineups so there you go. Not thinking man's dance music.

I favour the likes of Ben UFO, four tet, floating points etc those who delve deep into a variety of genre's to pull out some leftfield party tunes as well as the odd banger.

Edited by Memory Man

5 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

C'mon his first album is triffic tho. 

oh yeah no issue with that. He was one of the quality proponents of dubstep - admittedly i was not really into it. Also it was Released: Oct 2006

I have an issue with him being voted a leading house and techno DJ at the expense of many better, in 2016.

20 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

http://vogue.cm/aFVCWWP 

bonobo confirms he'll be at the farm next year

need a glasto ticket even more than before :(

Amazing news! Nicely spotted, in Vogue no less! Wonder where he will play this year... maybe Park Headliner...? (just please not during Radiohead!!!).

Happy to help you try for tickets when the time comes