Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1. Midland - Subclub 

2. Motor City Drum Ensemble - Subclub

3. Artwork - Glastonbury

4. Ben UFO - Subclub 

5. The Black Madonna b2b Optimo - Subclub 

Is about what I can remember being the best, il definitely have missed something 

But, what is certain is Midland was definitely the best, absolutely on form

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

1. Midland - Subclub 

2. Motor City Drum Ensemble - Subclub

3. Artwork - Glastonbury

4. Ben UFO - Subclub 

5. The Black Madonna b2b Optimo - Subclub 

Is about what I can remember being the best, il definitely have missed something 

But, what is certain is Midland was definitely the best, absolutely on form

Neeeeeed to get to Subclub

no particular order:

Shanti Celeste at Acetate, Wire Leeds

Four Tet jointly between Morning Side Stonebridge Bar, also at Acetate Wire Leeds

MCDE Jointly between at Prince Charles Berlin and at WHP Manchester

Finn Johanssen at Acetate, Wire Leeds (bit of a pattern.....)

Beautiful Swimmers at Found Festival

---

Honourable mention to Midland as he is very good every time that you see him. One of the bigger names that actually delivers. Some of my previous big names i've come away a little underwhelmed by this year, but I probably caught them at the wrong time or i wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Coming up shortly and very much looking forward to:

MCDE/Black Madonna/ Floating Points NYD Leeds

Artwork art's house at soup Kitchen MCR

Erol Alkan Deaf institute manc

all the DJ's at primavera!

Edited by Memory Man

2 hours ago, your mother said:

Neeeeeed to get to Subclub

Sometimes I feel I need to get out of subclub, but it really is a magical place when everything falls into place. Midland/MCDE were both perfect examples of that, just incredible atmosphere 

Artwork/Denis Sulta on Wednesday night for a Xmas party, Derrick Carter on the 28th and Jackmaster/Gerd Janson on NYE, I'm really looking forward to my holidays 

50 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

no particular order:

Four Tet jointly between Morning Side Stonebridge Bar, also at Acetate Wire Leeds

---

Honourable mention to Midland as he is very good every time that you see him. One of the bigger names that actually delivers. Some of my previous big names i've come away a little underwhelmed by this year, but I probably caught them at the wrong time or i wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Shanti Celeste is someone I HAVE to see soon, quality stuff 

8 minutes ago, lacney said:

Hard to narrow it down to 5, but these ones sprung to mind:

Nina Kraviz - Canal Mills 

Artwork (Disco Set) - Lost Village 

Dimitri from Paris - Liverpool Disco Weekend

Henrik Schwarz - Lost Village 

Ben UFO - WHP 

Oo was Henrik Schwarz a live set? What sort of vibe? He's playing live soon near me and I don't really know what to expect. I saw on RA that his sets can be pretty varied

1 hour ago, your mother said:

Oo was Henrik Schwarz a live set? What sort of vibe? He's playing live soon near me and I don't really know what to expect. I saw on RA that his sets can be pretty varied

He was incredible! Easily my favourite set of the year. It was live and he played a lot of the same stuff that's in his Cape Town Boiler Room. 

Plus, I think it's pretty rare he plays over here. So I'd jump at the chance to see him!

5 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Shanti Celeste is someone I HAVE to see soon, quality stuff 

she blew me away. it was "just" a house set but it was so smoothly mixed and groovy throughout. sometimes you just want something light and fun and not so serious all the time!

Henrik is well worth seeing, yeah his live is quite rare these days so get out and see it. 

Artwork at lost village is one I forgot, that was brilliant! both his sets that day were incredible.

Edited by Memory Man

11 hours ago, lacney said:

He was incredible! Easily my favourite set of the year. It was live and he played a lot of the same stuff that's in his Cape Town Boiler Room. 

Plus, I think it's pretty rare he plays over here. So I'd jump at the chance to see him!

Thanks I'll check that out, and will have to see him while I have the chance I guess!

Anyone seen and liked Alan Fitzpatrick?

I'm seeing him on NYD and getting increasingly excited, based on what I see online. His approach to techno seems to ring true with me!

Any thoughts? For example, let's say I was faced with an Alan Fitzpatrick vs. Ben Klock clash (playing different rooms on NYD in Brum). Where would you go?

Ben

21 hours ago, Memory Man said:

no particular order:

---

Had no idea Shanti played Wire, gutted I missed that.

I can confirm Ben UFO and Finn b2b was excellent. Spoke to Finn once he finished and he was ecstatic with how it went.  

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm seeing him on NYD and getting increasingly excited, based on what I see online. His approach to techno seems to ring true with me!

Any thoughts? For example, let's say I was faced with an Alan Fitzpatrick vs. Ben Klock clash (playing different rooms on NYD in Brum). Where would you go?

Ben

I personally find him extremely underwhelming every time I've seen him. Probably in the list of my least favourite djs lol

you'l have more fun with ben klock

Just now, Matt42 said:

I personally find him extremely underwhelming every time I've seen him. Probably in the list of my least favourite djs lol

you'l have more fun with ben klock

Awww. That's a bit disappointing! Well, hopefully they won't clash and I can check out both. Ben Klock is playing 4 sets on NYD - 3 in the UK and in Berlin! So Gawd knows when he'll play in the 1600-0400h event in Birmingham. I can't get there until about 6.30-7pm so I'll be super cross if he gets the opening slot!!

Thanks, Matt. What are your NY rave plans?

:)

Ben

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Ben Klock 100% no competition 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Awww. That's a bit disappointing! Well, hopefully they won't clash and I can check out both. Ben Klock is playing 4 sets on NYD - 3 in the UK and in Berlin! So Gawd knows when he'll play in the 1600-0400h event in Birmingham. I can't get there until about 6.30-7pm so I'll be super cross if he gets the opening slot!!

Thanks, Matt. What are your NY rave plans?

Ben

If the organisers had any brain cells they would know not to give Ben Klock the afternoon opening slot, it just couldn't work. So you should be safe on that front!

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Ben Klock 100% no competition 

Yeah, I realise that's the no-brainer answer, Mez, just was interested in people's experience with AF. I do have one tiny issue with Ben Klock - never seen him 'live', but the sets I watch online all seem to have a consistent feature...it may be blasphemy, but for me they're all very slightly too fast - i.e. maybe 135-140bpm. I may be wrong, but that's how it feels to me. Sounds incredibly arsey, I realise, but for me 130bpm is just about the Holy Grail of tempo! Even that 5-10bpm makes a difference to the feel of the tracks. I'm probably talking bollocks. Saying that, the stuff he throws down is superb, recently often very acidy, which is right up my street, being the age I am!

10 minutes ago, Cieran said:

If the organisers had any brain cells they would know not to give Ben Klock the afternoon opening slot, it just couldn't work. So you should be safe on that front!

I didn't really think they would, Cieran, it's just with 3 UK sets and the travelling, someone is gonna get him a bit earlier than they expected!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22