Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 10/30/2016 at 0:38 PM, jonodillieono said:

We missed the first half hour so not sure what he played near the start. When we got there is was kind of like just tech house/techno but was sick, don't think there was many of his own stuff played until near the end when he played 2-3 of his own songs

No Open Eye Signal unless he played it in the first 30 minutes of his set

I missed bits of his set here and there but he played George Fitzgerald's remix of Open Eye Signal (which isn't as good as the original for me) and also played his remix of Disclosure - Magnets which is outstanding.

Bonobo's new stuff sounded amazing, managed to get a full video of Outlier which he opened with.  Also remember picking up a few other new ones on Shazam, cannot wait for his album now.  Also buzzing to see him dj for 7 hours this Friday!

16 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

Bonobo released his new single today :D

Cannot wait for his 7 hour dj set tomorrow.  Also hoping to get tickets for his tour in Berlin and London.

If anyone is planning on getting the new Bonobo record, now is the time to do it. Silly-cheap at the moment.

https://shop.bonobomusic.com/?lf=9627ba4b6c6e65240f6a90f936498297

23 hours ago, Charm said:

It's because we are hun, accept it, I had to, happens to the best of us.  
Charm x 

It started to dawn on me a couple of years ago when I came out of uni and the people handing out flyers did not even attempt to hand me one :huh:

There was me thinking i was so hip :rofl:

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

It started to dawn on me a couple of years ago when I came out of uni and the people handing out flyers did not even attempt to hand me one :huh:

There was me thinking i was so hip :rofl:

Oh no, you must of felt terrible, very funny though, old ravers just won't accept we are past it, been to loads of reunions over the past few years, it's brilliant seeing all the old people reliving their youth, going to one on NYE, can't wait. 
Charm x

7 hours ago, Charm said:

Oh no, you must of felt terrible, very funny though, old ravers just won't accept we are past it, been to loads of reunions over the past few years, it's brilliant seeing all the old people reliving their youth, going to one on NYE, can't wait. 
Charm x

I am in 2 minds about whether I want to do anything like that any more. I don't mind it at Glasto but my clubbing days are behind me, I reckon.

Its the music that I am finding uninspiring. I listen to some of the tunes posted in this thread in the hope that something will excite me. Unfortunately none of it ever does. At first I thought it was all really shit, then I realised that I am just out of touch. None of it is uplifting, it is too repetitive for my tastes. 

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am in 2 minds about whether I want to do anything like that any more. I don't mind it at Glasto but my clubbing days are behind me, I reckon.

Its the music that I am finding uninspiring. I listen to some of the tunes posted in this thread in the hope that something will excite me. Unfortunately none of it ever does. At first I thought it was all really shit, then I realised that I am just out of touch. None of it is uplifting, it is too repetitive for my tastes. 

Im 32, Ive gone clubbing to alsorts. I have stopped quite a lot in the last 2 years (going to the Warehouse project next sat though)

Techno now is pretty repetitive, tribal and moody. I do like it. I understand why you wouldn't if you want hands in the air, pianos and the like.

I kind of cross the styles as I went clubbing to everything. Old Skool, Trance, Techno, Garage, Psy Trance, Funky House, hard house, Acid and Hard Techno (just never really got Drum n Bass).

You would probably prefer house nights. Hed Kandi and the like. They still do big pianos etc, but the nights are not populated by clubbers in the same way in my opinion. Lots of selfies and wanting to be seen.

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im 32, Ive gone clubbing to alsorts. I have stopped quite a lot in the last 2 years (going to the Warehouse project next sat though)

Techno now is pretty repetitive, tribal and moody. I do like it. I understand why you wouldn't if you want hands in the air, pianos and the like.

I kind of cross the styles as I went clubbing to everything. Old Skool, Trance, Techno, Garage, Psy Trance, Funky House, hard house, Acid and Hard Techno (just never really got Drum n Bass).

You would probably prefer house nights. Hed Kandi and the like. They still do big pianos etc, but the nights are not populated by clubbers in the same way in my opinion. Lots of selfies and wanting to be seen.

Last time I went to a Hed Kandi night was at a church in Sydney, had a right good doo as well. Don't mind the tunes but it is a little of the cheesy side.

I am out of touch with clubbing and have been for a while now. Yet I have always heard tunes that I have really liked even though I have not been experiencing them in clubs. These days I don't hear much that excites me. I have always been into breaks as well and probably prefer them to house. At the minute I am listening to and buying a load of the old Florida style breaks.

Hopefully this is just a bit of a lull in regards to house and there is something fresh on the horizon.