Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

7 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Security isn't much stricter at all at whp. There was a dog and they were doing random checks on the way in (always me ffs), the random check was more extensive than usual. Checking socks and around the waste band of my underwear and making sure to pat down everywhere theyre allowed to. Inside it was the same as every other year.

They've reshuffled the venue a little bit adding in a 3rd stage which is empty all night but allows them to up the capacity for the entire venue what with having more space to play with. Dusky was dangerously rammed and just wasnt enjoyable due to having nowhere to move

Daniel avery was the set of the night due to it being empty in the main room for him and bangers being dished out. Jackmaster b2b joy orbison was far too rammed as well and they had the closing set

I don't think im cut out for this anymore, i was ready for bed at 4

Dog is surely for the fear factor than anything practical 

The night I'm going to has a good spread of acts, I'm hoping that the acts will be split well between the rooms so there's always room for dancing 

On 10/1/2016 at 9:13 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm going to the Back to basics party at Church in leeds in November. Has anyone been?

Been to loads of Back to Basics over the years at various venues (Pleasure Rooms, Mint, Rehab and Our House/Stinkys) but not at this new venue- that's opening up this weekend I think with Damian Lazurus

On 03/10/2016 at 1:02 PM, dondo said:

Been to loads of Back to Basics over the years at various venues (Pleasure Rooms, Mint, Rehab and Our House/Stinkys) but not at this new venue- that's opening up this weekend I think with Damian Lazurus

Ive done it at Stinkys. 

I once went to a club in leeds called the northern light. It was a great club, but I have no idea what night it was for and if its still open under a different name.

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ive done it at Stinkys. 

I once went to a club in leeds called the northern light. It was a great club, but I have no idea what night it was for and if its still open under a different name.

May well have been Dirty Disco as they were there for a while- I have been to Northern Light but not for that night. I also seem to remember very very wrong indeed doing after parties on a Sunday morning downstairs there.  It has changed hands a few times since then as was closed down as a club as there were complaints from the neighbours in the new posh flats near by.  Don't think it is being used for anything now as they did try re-opening it as more of a space you could rent for functions etc.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, dondo said:

May well have been Dirty Disco as they were there for a while- I have been to Northern Light but not for that night. I also seem to remember very very wrong indeed doing after parties on a Sunday morning downstairs there.  It has changed hands a few times since then as was closed down as a club as there were complaints from the neighbours in the new posh flats near by.  Don't think it is being used for anything now as they did try re-opening it as more of a space you could rent for functions etc.

It was probably Dirty Disco. I went to Ketaloco three times when it was in that house in Headingley (or DC15). That was absolutely mental.

The last time I went there were about 150 randoms in and outside a house on some street in leeds, all off their nut. Tunes banging like a club. Proper illegal rave atmosphere… especially the time the police turned up. My mate was at uni on the same street.

Not sure whether this is the right thread to put this but it is about pioneering electronic music so here goes. 

Stumbled across this Depeche Mode documentary last night and it is pretty good. I appreciate most will not be interested in this but there are a few who might be interested in electronic music history. It explains why they generally are still looked down upon in this country, even though they are the biggest electronic act that has ever been.

It also shoes how ahead of the game they were in regards to new technologies, sampling and sound design.

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It was probably Dirty Disco. I went to Ketaloco three times when it was in that house in Headingley (or DC15). That was absolutely mental.

The last time I went there were about 150 randoms in and outside a house on some street in leeds, all off their nut. Tunes banging like a club. Proper illegal rave atmosphere… especially the time the police turned up. My mate was at uni on the same street.

I never made it to Ketaloco unfortunately  but did hear that it was pretty crazy

If any of you great people for tickets (fantastic if so) care to offer a hand on Sunday, holla my way, as you can all imagine I'm probably going to represent a boiled lettuce at 9am on Sunday morning, but it's all for a good cause

(I know im chancing it)

On 01/10/2016 at 9:13 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm going to the Back to basics party at Church in leeds in November. Has anyone been?

Its not hosted any events yet, there is a gig on friday and saturday is the first club night. Not sure it will live up to the hype but i live to be proven wrong, i'll be at marcellus pittman at wire where the vibes are ;)

On 04/10/2016 at 4:34 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ive done it at Stinkys. 

Its not open under a different name anymore, it was for a bit then closed about 5 years ago probably because theres loads of flats there now so noise & stuff...

38 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Ah nice, think we have 4 virgins in our group

We also have 4 virgins. I cannot wait to show them this place. Sadly the rest of our crew of 25 didn't get anything though which puts a bit of a downer on things!

Edited by willsnewman

42 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Yup. Success for me. Feeling rough after a flight from LA, a night at The Art School and 3 hours sleep but there is a little brightness in my day now :) Got tickets for my 3 brothers as well who have never been which is extra exciting.

3hrs sleep after MCDE last night, it was truly sensational. im so buzzing right now its unreal 

mission now is get @FloorFiller to glasto

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

3hrs sleep after MCDE last night, it was truly sensational. im so buzzing right now its unreal 

mission now is get @FloorFiller to glasto

Oh man I can imagine it was excellent. The Art School was ridiculously good. Auntie Flo & Andrew & Mehmet Aslan. I am having a very happy weekend. Going to crash badly later though.

I've got 4 tickets to the Four Tet all nighter on Friday to sell and thought I'd see if anyone here was looking for any? Face value of course (£7) + postage. Or if you happen to live in East London I can drop off. I'm still going Saturday but the group of people I hoped would be able to make it for Friday are in the Scottish highlands, damn them