Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

He was fantastic, sound at LHC was brilliant and the sun was setting during his set, great atmosphere and highlight of the weekend. Hope he is back next year.

Bit gutted this clashed. I think with Leftfield. Although Leftfield were fantastic, so…

6 hours ago, mike86 said:

Has anyone noticed any links of sets popping up on soundcloud/mixcloud?

Used to be a decent number about, not really seen any in recent years.

There's a few around. I've only listened to Ewan Mcvicars glade set which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. Fat boy and Fred again is also on soundcloud at the moment. Hoping Four tets set will be available some point soon

17 hours ago, Isaact said:

Two people passed away this festival, one was a spinal injury falling off the wall from a failed break in, and the other was a heart attack from a cocaine overdose (which is the one on the railway track)

Pretty sure your scaffolding guy got coaxed down.

Yeah, did think there was a fair chance that scaffolding guy could have been unrelated. Considering he might have been on a ton of drugs, a small chance it was the same guy, after being coaxed down.

I didn't hear about the wall death, perhaps not as well reported as technically might have not been "inside the festival"

BBC Reported two, one being the Railway OD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-66013637

The other being a crew member in their tent by The Park on Tuesday (post festival)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-66052148\

Your wall guy would be nº3?

Did anyone find Skream's secret set? Where was the "magic dinosaur" then? 

I walked past Babylon Uprising on the Sunday and realised there was no f'n chance the festival would ever have allowed it. 

My streak of always missing Skream when he plays glasto continues - tried to see at Nowhere on Thursday but was way too packed (and we were tripping), and then my group all wanted to head to bed at 4.30 on Saturday so missed the SL set too 

On 7/6/2023 at 11:52 AM, themunn said:

Did anyone find Skream's secret set? Where was the "magic dinosaur" then? 

I walked past Babylon Uprising on the Sunday and realised there was no f'n chance the festival would ever have allowed it. 

My streak of always missing Skream when he plays glasto continues - tried to see at Nowhere on Thursday but was way too packed (and we were tripping), and then my group all wanted to head to bed at 4.30 on Saturday so missed the SL set too 

My mate went to the "secret" Skreamzim rave thing, it was through a door by one of the other stages in Shangri-La apparently, massive queue so you couldn't miss it (his words, I wasn't there) think he queued for about 30 mins, spent an hour in there (it was a long thin room, looked like the inside of a few shipping containers) he said it was rammed and hot and nobody had painted their faces (he had) 

On 7/6/2023 at 11:35 AM, Acid Loafers said:

Yeah, did think there was a fair chance that scaffolding guy could have been unrelated. Considering he might have been on a ton of drugs, a small chance it was the same guy, after being coaxed down.

I didn't hear about the wall death, perhaps not as well reported as technically might have not been "inside the festival"

BBC Reported two, one being the Railway OD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-66013637

The other being a crew member in their tent by The Park on Tuesday (post festival)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-66052148\

Your wall guy would be nº3?

Do we know the railway track was a cocaine OD? Don't think there's been anything official. I admit this is what it sounds like but I don'y there\s any info other than heart attack (actually do we even know this?)

I just had a flashback to the fact that the Block 9 guys booked Marcel Dettmann, one of the biggest names in techno today, at 9pm on Iicon against Elton John.

What the f**k was that decision.

The most baffling booking of the entire festival. Imagine if they'd put him on at 1am on Sunday. Instead it was one (forgettable) member of Underground Resistance.

17 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

They've relaunched the outdoors event space recently haven't they? Would guess it will be a new venue if anything, or maybe they've miraculously sorted things out at Printworks and will be opening again for another season. 

I don’t think them reopening it this season would go down too well to be honest. Think it would seem a bit suspicious considering all the hype for the closing season. 

16 hours ago, Isaact said:

I just had a flashback to the fact that the Block 9 guys booked Marcel Dettmann, one of the biggest names in techno today, at 9pm on Iicon against Elton John.

What the f**k was that decision.

The most baffling booking of the entire festival. Imagine if they'd put him on at 1am on Sunday. Instead it was one (forgettable) member of Underground Resistance.

Anyone see how busy block9 was at that time?

4 minutes ago, mazola said:

Set of the weekend for me, what a beautiful couple of hours that was

Agree was the perfect atmosphere too. In fact this was the moment I realised I’m prob not going to bother with SE corner anymore! 

Edited by danbailey80

On 7/9/2023 at 2:15 AM, Isaact said:

Rumours are they are opening something at the old Ikea site in Tottenham.

No idea how public that rumour is.

This definitely looks like the outside of an IKEA…I think you might be right. From Printworks latest Instagram story.

IMG_5117.png

Edited by gordong