Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

23 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, team...

We know we all love to dance. 

But I'm really intrigued by what non-dance stuff the E/D faithful are most looking forward to. 

Which bands/artists are top of your must-see lists?

I'll kick off...list as many or few as you like, but who are you really excited for?

DEADLETTER
Panic Shack
The Comet Is Coming
The Murder Capital
Working Men's Club
Weyes Blood
Slowdive
Phoenix

Whatcha got?

Ben

Will definitely be at……

Foos
Lizzo 
Elton

Others I’ll decide on the day…..

Slowdive
Alison Goldfrapp
Nova Twins
Guns and Roses 
Working Men’s Club
Rick Astley
Blondie
Hot Chip

Would love to be at Candi Staton but she’s missing out due to clashes

26 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This is me, tho I expect to see FR until pretty much the end, unless I get disproportionate Temple-entry fear! 

Ben

Oh I’d rarely (if ever) chose a standard DJ over a live performance at Glastonbury, i’m just not sure how much i’ll like FR.

I like what i’ve heard of The Knife in the past but don’t really have time to do my FR homework (repeated album listens) so a bit of a wildcard entry for me. Could go either way 🤷‍♂️ 

18 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Will definitely be at……

Foos
Lizzo 
Elton

Others I’ll decide on the day…..

Slowdive
Alison Goldfrapp
Nova Twins
Guns and Roses 
Working Men’s Club
Rick Astley
Blondie
Hot Chip

Would love to be at Candi Staton but she’s missing out due to clashes

Can't believe they didn't put Candi on the Pyramid 

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, team...

But I'm really intrigued by what non-dance stuff the E/D faithful are most looking forward to. 

I'll kick off...list as many or few as you like, but who are you really excited for?

DEADLETTER
Panic Shack
The Comet Is Coming
The Murder Capital
Working Men's Club
Weyes Blood
Slowdive
Phoenix

Whatcha got?

Ben

Young Fathers!! Lizzo, Texas, The Murder Capital, Shame. Just discovered Crawlers and Japanese Breakfast so keen on both of those too. 

Ideally want to see AM and QoTSA but looks increasingly like they'll be lost to crew dynamics... 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, team...

DEADLETTER
Panic Shack
The Comet Is Coming
The Murder Capital
Working Men's Club
Weyes Blood
Slowdive
Phoenix

Whatcha got?

Ben

Must's are

Foos, Lizzo, Joy Anonymous & Kenny Beats

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

Oh I’d rarely (if ever) chose a standard DJ over a live performance at Glastonbury, i’m just not sure how much i’ll like FR.

I like what i’ve heard of The Knife in the past but don’t really have time to do my FR homework (repeated album listens) so a bit of a wildcard entry for me. Could go either way 🤷‍♂️ 

Don't expect Knife-like shenanigans... it's very dark and brooding. Not everyone's idea of a Glasto Friday night headliner.

Now then....

Conundrum 1: Saturday night is all kinds of great. So much stuff in the South East corner. BUT do I miss most of it for Helena Hauff??? 

Conundrum 2: Is there every any point trying to see Floating Points/Dahne on Arcadia or am I unlikely to get anywhere near due to the Chems beforehand?

Conundrum 3: HAAI set on San Remo feels a little far from the rest of the action. Worth it? Or better to sack off Hauff on Saturday, get into Temple early and hope that TBA is a good'un? 

Help! 

4 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Now then....

Conundrum 1: Saturday night is all kinds of great. So much stuff in the South East corner. BUT do I miss most of it for Helena Hauff??? 

Conundrum 2: Is there every any point trying to see Floating Points/Dahne on Arcadia or am I unlikely to get anywhere near due to the Chems beforehand?

Conundrum 3: HAAI set on San Remo feels a little far from the rest of the action. Worth it? Or better to sack off Hauff on Saturday, get into Temple early and hope that TBA is a good'un? 

Help! 

Even though I usually like my Techno harder/banging I think Helena Hauff is one of the most interesting techno DJs out there

Non Electronic Stuff I'll try to be at 

Reg Dwight

Young Fathers, The Hu,

The 3 act Woodsies run of last Dinner Party, wunderhorse & Working Mens Club,

Leftfield are electronic (but),

The Hives, Manic Street Preachers

Dreadzone & Holy Youth Movement 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, Sasperella2 said:

Now then....

Help! 

Oh Sas, it's a cornucopia of dance riches, isn't it?!

1. What particularly in the SEC is the rival to Helena Hauff? I guess there's Sedef Adasï on Genosys. For me, this year is great as I will have solid parts of TWO nights in Silver Hayes! Who knew? I've seen nothing before on Lonely Hearts (accepting that it only started last year!), so Ben Böhmer, Helena and some of Daniel Avery will be a treat for me. Helena is a very good DJ. She is principally known for her (fairly hard) electro chops, but mixes techno and electro quite beautifully. 

2. The Chems will be a massive casual draw. Once they've done, I think there'll be a fair old crowd exchange and getting into FloPo/Daphni should be quite doable. 

3. Horses for courses. I'm well known for not liking BH/San Remo, but that's more about me than the venue. What I would say is that HAAi plays very lots of different types of sets. I love her. I'm pretty sure that the type of selections she would make at SR would be the sort of her sets that doesn't work for me. 

Ben

Non E&D, would have seen Hak Baker at Strummerville but unfortunately working on Thurs eve. Other than that The Comet is coming, Young Fathers & Sudan Archives (juggling volunteer shifts & having my small person join me for 24hrs). But now hopefully going to Blue Dot so get to see Scalping again which I’m missing at Glasto this year. 

Edited by Another eforum account
Edit

5 minutes ago, Another eforum account said:

Non E&D, would have seen Hak Baker at Strummerville but unfortunately working on Thurs eve. Other than that The Comet is coming, Young Fathers & Sudan Archives (juggling volunteer shifts & having my small person join me for 24hrs). But now hopefully going to Blue Dot so get to see Scalping again which I’m missing at Glasto this year. 

So excited for TCIC.

They were amazing on the WH sound system a few years ago, and I really want to hear them belt out the new record.

Could be a set for the ages!

Come say hi, if you can pick me out 😂

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So excited for TCIC.

They were amazing on the WH sound system a few years ago, and I really want to hear them belt out the new record.

Could be a set for the ages!

Come say hi, if you can pick me out 😂

Ben

Yeah the energy at WH (& in the heat) for that set was amazing! Will do…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I’m mostly just looking forward to 6 days without my kids. Any music is a bonus 😂 

Ha!

Mine have all left home, but Child 1 will be there. Flew into London yesterday from Berlin (he lives there) having gone directly to the airport from playing a 2h set. He clearly sees himself as a burgeoning superstar DJ. The little bugger 🙄

Ben

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ha!

Mine have all left home, but Child 1 will be there. Flew into London yesterday from Berlin (he lives there) having gone directly to the airport from playing a 2h set. He clearly sees himself as a burgeoning superstar DJ. The little bugger 🙄

Ben

2 boys: 18months, and 4yrs and they are doing my nut this weekend 😂