BST Hyde Park 2015

the wonderwhy

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forecasts only getting worse for tomorrow :( Will be worth it for Blur though.

Does anyone know if the have got beer / indoor tents there this year? 

If not and tis going to be hammering it down a pub during the afternoon might be the better option!

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson

Does anyone know if the have got beer / indoor tents there this year? 

If not and tis going to be hammering it down a pub during the afternoon might be the better option!

The Playstation stage is in a tent I think, though I never went there. Will be rammed if it rains I expect because it's tiny.

I'm going today with little expectation given I've paid pretty much less than a pints cost for the ticket.

What's the deal with the bag searches? I understand its sealed bottles of water only so was gonna do the old white rum trick

They weren't that strict, I took in a whole bunch of stuff that was supposed to be banned.

Jesus christ Blur are are on a bit of form atm!

Never thought Metronomy would own a stage that big, but they did and good on them cause fantastic they are!

Went with my dad and his was bopping to along to Roots Manuva! For the ticket price, a better couldm not be had!

(Sound was terrible in places, and feel for thosen who had paid full price and got the rain!)

That was probably one of the best gigs I've ever been to...

Definitely agree. Blur were brilliant.

Them aside, the supports weren't quite as good as Thursday I felt. Drenge have lost some edge since they stopped being a duo and the crowd was shit - shout out to the twat sat down trying to read a magazine in the middle of the pit while they were on. Not even saving a space as you could walk straight in there. Jupiter and Metronomy were fun but not particularly amazing. But all of that mattered very little once Blur came on stage.

Got to say my experience with BST this year has been pretty positive. Obviously it's a very corporate event but I feel like it doesn't deserve a lot of the flack it gets.

Happy to report was a great gig. Shame they took My Terracotta Heart out of the set but End Of A Century featured. I had no problem what so ever getting to the bar to the left hand side just over from the left speaker and although pricey it was good to see some cider options and the sound was much improved. No major sound issue's I remember and I expected it, MUCH better than 2012. Only turned up 15 mins before Blur came on. Can't moan for a few quid. There was still times when you could hear people talking and I'd have never of paid the full fee but it was vary rare than I couldn't hear Damon. Standing near a speaker defo helps, this said even when I wasn't close close to a speaker it wasn't that bad. Overall 1st BST I can't moan.

Edited by thewayiam

Got tickets for 30 quid each, not bad considering face value. Was meant to go to Foos so went to this instead, very good gig, never seen blur and throughly enjoyed it! Great crowd, good sound, only problem for me was it took ages to get served at the bar, apart from that had a cracking time!

Preferred Thurs to be honest.

Quickly bowled past Drenge who sounded shocking. Caught Sugarmen - really impressed by them - one to keep an eye on I think.

Finally got round to seeing The Horrors and enjoyed their set. Struggled with Kitty mumble in the rain.

Quite enjoyed Metronomy but it kind of feels like background music. Guess many must have felt the same given the talking.

Blur put in a good show but the problem I have is that having seen "the" Glasto show, nothing can surpass that.

Food had good options and I found the sound to be generally fine as were the crowd. For a City Festival I think you'll struggle to find a better one.