No more Beady Eye...

Slugworth

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of infidelity and it is not something that I would ever do but I am not here to judge him on that. No one knows the circumstances of his relationships.

In regards to him constantly getting in to fights. It seems kind of funny how since the demise of Oasis, these altercations seemed to have stopped in general.

Now call my a cynic but a Liam Gallagher kick off was big news and the media in this country are hardly trust worthy so maybe these altercations were exaggerated just a touch.

For all I know, he really might be a horrible person. But from hearing from a few people are reading about the goings on then I would give Liam the benefit of the doubt. Have a read of the Tony McCarroll book. Now he clearly has an axe to grind after getting sacked. But he is only critical of Noel and not Liam. He can not speak highly enough about Liam. I have also read similar things and heard off a few people that have had dealings with the Gallaghers over the years that Noel is the one to keep an eye on and Liam is a good lad.

That book is a brilliant read, my view of Liam being a dick and Noel a saint was switched after I finished. Was also surprised by how much of a headcase Bonehead was / still is

This thread seems to have turned into who has the worst personality rather than being about the music. Personally I'm an Oasis fan because I like their music, in fact every band I go to watch is about the music and not whether I think those in the band are nice people.

As for Beady Eye I'm not surprised with this news, I couldn't get excited about their stuff whereas NGHFB does appeal to me and hope they are at Glastonbury next year.

I can't see an Oasis reunion for a while, Liam has plenty of issues to deal with what with the divorce and the kid he's managed to have while in America. Noel appears happy about his second album and going on tour with that so maybe 2016 we'll hear more of an Oasis reunion.

I am not a fan of infidelity and it is not something that I would ever do but I am not here to judge him on that. No one knows the circumstances of his relationships.

In regards to him constantly getting in to fights. It seems kind of funny how since the demise of Oasis, these altercations seemed to have stopped in general.

Now call my a cynic but a Liam Gallagher kick off was big news and the media in this country are hardly trust worthy so maybe these altercations were exaggerated just a touch.

For all I know, he really might be a horrible person. But from hearing from a few people are reading about the goings on then I would give Liam the benefit of the doubt. Have a read of the Tony McCarroll book. Now he clearly has an axe to grind after getting sacked. But he is only critical of Noel and not Liam. He can not speak highly enough about Liam. I have also read similar things and heard off a few people that have had dealings with the Gallaghers over the years that Noel is the one to keep an eye on and Liam is a good lad.

Wasn't Tony McCarroll one of Liam's friends originally? I got the impression that all Liam's old mates that started the band didn't really like Noel being a control freak and eventually all got out so I wouldn't be surprised if they all slated Noel as a knob and still hung around with Liam. It doesn't really matter of course but I'd just be impressed if Liam Gallagher had been putting it on for the cameras for just over 20 years now. :P

This thread seems to have turned into who has the worst personality rather than being about the music. Personally I'm an Oasis fan because I like their music, in fact every band I go to watch is about the music and not whether I think those in the band are nice people.

As for Beady Eye I'm not surprised with this news, I couldn't get excited about their stuff whereas NGHFB does appeal to me and hope they are at Glastonbury next year.

I can't see an Oasis reunion for a while, Liam has plenty of issues to deal with what with the divorce and the kid he's managed to have while in America. Noel appears happy about his second album and going on tour with that so maybe 2016 we'll hear more of an Oasis reunion.

It's a side issue really. As with most people, I didn't like Beady Eye because of the music but I do like Oasis and NGHFB because of the music.

Bad week for Liam as well... Pretty Green announced a 2mil loss this year... I reckon he should take a break from music and concentrate on re-marketing Pretty Green

I'd say Gem should join NGHFB

Andy should reform Ride

Jay should see if he can get back in Kasabian (They'd sound great with an extra guitar!)

Chris would probably go back to session playing.

So nobody bought his records and nobody bought his threads. I wonder what took more damage, his ego or his wallet?

im gonna be hated for this but i liked beady eye, because liam at least tried something different, the tunes were pretty good, and at glasto to be fair the sound was terrible cos of wind etc, the sound got better throughout everyone who followed them that day. I can see why people hate liam but I hate lots of people who are famous but at least respect what they do. Noel I love but lets be honest hes come out with the same stuff hes been doing for years. he even admitted that the first high flying birds album had been practically written for a few years. Id love to see a Oasis reunion...dnt think itl happen, im assuming they would use gem etc, tho carrol wouldn't be up to much these days, is ringo stars kid still playing with the who?

I met Liam in a Bar in Dublin in 2005. A group of 5 of us had gone over to watch them play at The Point in December. It was the night before the gig, and I'd got my Oasis Definitely Maybe t-shirt on.

Liam happened to come into the same bar with a group of lads. Without saying anything, he came over with 5 pints of larger to the table and drank with us for about an hour. He had pictures with us all, and was a real lovely bloke. It's a memory that will also stay with us forever.

I met Liam in a Bar in Dublin in 2005. A group of 5 of us had gone over to watch them play at The Point in December. It was the night before the gig, and I'd got my Oasis Definitely Maybe t-shirt on.

Liam happened to come into the same bar with a group of lads. Without saying anything, he came over with 5 pints of larger to the table and drank with us for about an hour. He had pictures with us all, and was a real lovely bloke. It's a memory that will also stay with us forever.

A touching story, but I suspect it is all lies.

I wouldn't say so. Nothing to say he'll be using the same band so wouldn't be too surprised to see Gem tour with him.

well, all the email notifications I got when tickets went on sale were for 'Noel Gallagher and his HIGH FLYING BIRDS'

Does that include Gem?

I'm of opinion it don't.

well, all the email notifications I got when tickets went on sale were for 'Noel Gallagher and his HIGH FLYING BIRDS'

Does that include Gem?

I'm of opinion it don't.

Well the High Flying Birds aren't necessarily the same band as the first tour, but yeah, I'd probably agree with you now. Didn't realise until after that post that his guitarist from the last tour said he'd be touring with Noel again next year and that it would probably be the same band.

I hate to butt in here but I have to.

In a forum for a festival that is supposed to promote love, peace ,tolerance charity and understanding this thread reads like it's full of inadequate insecure bullies.

I hope Liam is with true friends right now.

Sixth form psychology at best. The bloke's off any bell end scale that I know of (or am even on myself).

In addition to the above, I don't really wish him any physical harm. Obviously I failed to express myself correctly, as it was meant to be taken with a pinch of salt.

All that said, I really was happy to hear that the loud mouthed cocky bastard got a few teeth bashed out. Anybody who tries to project a hard knock street wise persona deserves to be tripped up and humiliated like that, in my opinion. This isn't vindictive - my brother also attempts to portray the hard man image and I call him a tool for doing so too.

I am, on the whole, a devout pacifist.

Yeah, I reckon I know that deep down you're lovely Yog :)

Not sixth form psychology, just drunken melancholic ramblings dear boy.

A bit hypocritical of me as I had only used the words "utter cockwomble" in relation to Liam in the Noel Gallagher thread a few days previous.

At the time of posting, having read the thread, I just found myself thinking: Oh come on. His wives have left him. His big brother's disowned him. His band have just split up. That's pretty shit.

Cue people posting how he's much better off for it...

Edited by MrZigster

Let's give Beady Eye a wee bit of credit.

From a support band you want someone who fills in a little as the crowd assembles, makes a noise that doesn't offend too much for the crowd to wander off and with a front man who isn't charismatic enough to take the shine off the headliner.

As a warm up for The Hives I think they just about covered all basis....border line on the noise aspect but overall no bad

Liam should do a Peter Hook and get a band together, then go round touring Definitely Maybe, Morning Glory and The Masterplan in full.

How many people would be interested then? It would also piss Noel right off.

Yeah I'm sure Noel would be pissed right off with all the royalties he would earn

Yep. Didn't Noel take a public dig at Liam/Beady Eye about performing Oasis songs at the Olympics in 2012 and the royalties he'd earn from the comfort of his living room?

I saw an interview when he said how he had to give permission for them to play the Oasis song and he let them sweat until the last minute before granting it.

Edited by stuartbert two hats