No more Beady Eye...

Slugworth

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah PRS for music is a company in the UK that performers sign up to for a fee each year and if someone plays your song live and tells PRS they have done, you'll get royalties. The more popular the band, the higher the fee is to pay each year but you would get more money if the bigger band covered one of your songs if that makes sense? Most major artists are signed up to it, but local bands can do so also.

Noel and Liam jointly own the Oasis name. So I don't think Liam has to give permission. The record deal they signed originally at Sony offices had Liam and Noel down as joint naming rights, if you will.

With any member joining the band as a session musician. Which peeved the other members off at the time. This was in Tony McCaroll's book.

Noel and Liam jointly own the Oasis name. So I don't think Liam has to give permission. The record deal they signed originally at Sony offices had Liam and Noel down as joint naming rights, if you will.

With any member joining the band as a session musician. Which peeved the other members off at the time. This was in Tony McCaroll's book.

Did you follow that link where Noel said they did need permission?

Definitely Maybe would work, and Mornign Glory (without DLBIA)... But The Masterplan has 4 Noel tunes on it, and most songs on there (such as Listen Up, Headshrinker, Stay Young), Liam couldn't sing now... In fact, he couldn't even sing them live at the time.

I haver seen Peter Hook tour a few Joy Division and New Order albums. He only originally sang one song out of them all lol.

I quite fancy listening to Liam singing Noels songs. See how different they may have ended up.

He does only charge, like, a tenner a ticket mind

A tenner wasted in my opinion, but still

£25 a ticket. We went to the Ritz to see him perform my 2 fave NO albums in full. I think Hooky is a prick but he put on a fantastic show and it was good to hear a lot of them songs live for the 1st time. Pottsy is also a fantastic musician.

• 3 weeks later...