No more Beady Eye...

Slugworth

I hate to butt in here but I have to.

In a forum for a festival that is supposed to promote love, peace ,tolerance charity and understanding this thread reads like it's full of inadequate insecure bullies.

I hope Liam is with true friends right now.

Sixth form psychology at best. The bloke's off any bell end scale that I know of (or am even on myself).

In addition to the above, I don't really wish him any physical harm. Obviously I failed to express myself correctly, as it was meant to be taken with a pinch of salt.

All that said, I really was happy to hear that the loud mouthed cocky bastard got a few teeth bashed out. Anybody who tries to project a hard knock street wise persona deserves to be tripped up and humiliated like that, in my opinion. This isn't vindictive - my brother also attempts to portray the hard man image and I call him a tool for doing so too.

I am, on the whole, a devout pacifist.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it that's sarcasm. I was unashamedly happy when he got his teeth knocked out in a brawl. In fact I still am happy that this is the case. I salute the man that lamped him.

No I like the bloke. I can only go off 2nd hand accounts here and from books that I have read. But it seems Liams stage persona is entirely that. Yes he plays up to the camera and talks a bit of nonesense. But it seems away from the camera it is Noel who is a bit of a ba5tard and it is Liam who is apparently sound so to speak.

Maybe Ms Appleton will not agree. But the consenses is that his bite is not as bad as his bark.

No I like the bloke. I can only go off 2nd hand accounts here and from books that I have read. But it seems Liams stage persona is entirely that. Yes he plays up to the camera and talks a bit of nonesense. But it seems away from the camera it is Noel who is a bit of a ba5tard and it is Liam who is apparently sound so to speak.

Maybe Ms Appleton will not agree. But the consenses is that his bite is not as bad as his bark.

I have to rely on the footage of seen of him and also cannot ignore my sixth sense which tells me he's a tool. If you are going to 'create' a persona why choose the one he chose when there were so many others to chose from? I guess he got wealth and fame, but he could have had that by adopting any number of other persona's. He could have, of course, chosen to be himself. And I can't believe that's what he did. Surely?

Good - now Liam can properly rest his voice for the Oasis reunion ;)

Also, the hatred for Liam and love in for Noel always saddens me a bit. I know Noel is the talented songwriter but he's no saint.

Speaks volumes that the rest of the band sided with Liam in the aftermath of the Oasis split, including Andy Bell who was the only other person present at the time of the final bust up.

Noel is a business man with a solo career to look after - he knows what he's doing.

I have to rely on the footage of seen of him and also cannot ignore my sixth sense which tells me he's a tool. If you are going to 'create' a persona why choose the one he chose when there were so many others to chose from? I guess he got wealth and fame, but he could have had that by adopting any number of other persona's. He could have, of course, chosen to be himself. And I can't believe that's what he did. Surely?

Do you honestly think if Liam Gallagher had come across as just been a nice lad from Burnage, then Oasis would have achieved the success they did? Liam seems to have played the game and played it very well.

Now he is from a council estate in Manchester and is a product of his environment. But by all accounts he has apparently got a heart of gold.

Compare Liam to other Manc luminaries as he does not seem so bad. The much lauded Ian Brown was locked up for threatening to chop off an air stewerdess'hands. Morrisey was slamned by a judge as being devious and unreliable. The less said for Peter Hook then the better.

For all his sins Liam is just a bit brash and maybe loud mouthed. In a world where x factor singers are the new super stars, where it is about how good a singer looks than how good the songs are, then give me a singer with a bit of character any day of the week.

Edited by eastynh

but it's always jealousy that clouds :)

I can categorically say that I am, in no way. jealous of Liam and Noel, than I am jealous of your life. What other people do, earn, get, etc is of absolutely no concern to me. I really don't need what they have, and certainly wouldn't swop it for what I have. So, I have to ask, where is the basis for your statement?

Really? Always seems to be getting into fights or getting kicked out of places plus the issues with Appleton and Kensit beforehand don't put him in a good light either.

All this anti oasis vitriol.

Coming from the same people that class Mumford and sons as a band worth watching and listening to. Bloody hell they couldn't lace oasis' boots.

It's cool to bash oasis and Liam and Noel, but it's always jealousy that clouds :)

You're clearly jealous of Mumford and Sons then.

Bottom line im right and everyone else who's opinion differs from mine is wrong... I jest of course.

If oasis reunited and played Glastonbury, then it's very easy, if you don't like them, go watch something else. It's a big old site im sure something else will tickle your fancy!

I can then stand and watch my heroes in action safe in the knowledge that all the negative Nora's are away watching some pap elsewhere :)

Really? Always seems to be getting into fights or getting kicked out of places plus the issues with Appleton and Kensit beforehand don't put him in a good light either.

You're clearly jealous of Mumford and Sons then.

I am not a fan of infidelity and it is not something that I would ever do but I am not here to judge him on that. No one knows the circumstances of his relationships.

In regards to him constantly getting in to fights. It seems kind of funny how since the demise of Oasis, these altercations seemed to have stopped in general.

Now call my a cynic but a Liam Gallagher kick off was big news and the media in this country are hardly trust worthy so maybe these altercations were exaggerated just a touch.

For all I know, he really might be a horrible person. But from hearing from a few people are reading about the goings on then I would give Liam the benefit of the doubt. Have a read of the Tony McCarroll book. Now he clearly has an axe to grind after getting sacked. But he is only critical of Noel and not Liam. He can not speak highly enough about Liam. I have also read similar things and heard off a few people that have had dealings with the Gallaghers over the years that Noel is the one to keep an eye on and Liam is a good lad.

Good riddance. I'm very fortunate in that they played the early morning surprise set which I planned to attend at Glasto 2013 but I didn't get up in time, to think that I might have ended up watching that still gives me sleepless night.

Gotta disagree, it wasn't a bad start and wake up to a Friday morning, especially from 1130am onwards, seen a lot worst :)