One act you want there more than anybody

Sketchead

Ouch- too soon for some users on here

There has been enough cryptics to suggest they are going to be one of the headliners, Eavis talking to an agent stageside, Johnson saying he will be in UK end of June, while they dont automatically mean AC/DC i didn't want to take the risk so bought a ticket

In that case I hope you'll cancel your ticket if they don't play and let somebody who wants to go more than you have a chance.

I will assess the line up before the payment time and if AC/DC not there and not enough other bands to interest me i will certainly waive my ticket and put it in resale

This. I'd suggest buying a ticket to an AC/DC tour if you want to see them, that's not the way this festival works

I like a lot more music than AC/DC

Going by the bookies list i would kill to see Queen, David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Prince for instance, if AC/DC not on the final list and any of those above are i would still go

Edited by BonScott

In fairness, Arcade Fire headlining was a big reason for me going last year (I volunteered, but that wasn’t through lack of trying for tickets). I probably wouldn’t have bothered if they weren’t, as I didn’t really see festivals as my kind of thing, but I knew that I desperately wanted to be there for such a huge moment for them as a band, AND that it would be a great opportunity to experience something new in an environment where there would probably be so many other fantastic opportunities available to me.

So I think it’s alright for your interest to be ignited by a certain band playing, as long as you appreciate that it’s only a small portion of the experience, and that there’s so much more to it than just seeing your favourite bands. Don’t just focus on the headliners, though. I doubt any of those bands will play, but most of the best experiences come away from the Pyramid stage anyway, for a lot of people.

Edited by bocumaroy

I like a lot more music than AC/DC

Going by the bookies list i would kill to see Queen, David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Prince for instance, if AC/DC not on the final list and any of those above are i would still go

You'd kill to see the current incarnation of Queen? They still have tickets on sale for their next tour! :P

Seriously though you should give it a go even if none of those acts are there. A lot of people buy tickets off the back of rumours and end up falling in love with the festival.

Probably not my one act that has to be there but would love to see the replacements on the bill. Notice they've been touring a bit but as a newbie to glasto (so happy to get tickets today) not really sure whether they'd play but anyone know whether there's a (decent) chance of them popping up somewhere. They'd be a class other stage headliner (if they're big enough?)

You'd kill to see the current incarnation of Queen? They still have tickets on sale for their next tour! :P

Seriously though you should give it a go even if none of those acts are there. A lot of people buy tickets off the back of rumours and end up falling in love with the festival.

I saw Queen live under Freddie, under Paul Rodgers too and would love to see under Adam Lambert, tickets though on Seatwave etc are over £100 so that is like half the cost of Glasto and Glasto 4 days of entertainment not 2 hrs so i decided i couldn't justify the cost

Am almost certain i will be at Glasto :D cant wait to open that first beer can

I’m very on board with this. I mentioned it a while ago and was assured that Depeche are big enough to headline. Wasn’t really sure about their popularity and I definitely feel it would be a bit of a ‘who?’ choice with people of my age, although everyone knows the songs.

Would the Other stage be too small of a slot, in contrast?

Is there a more popular British band never to have played Glastonbury? There are not many British bands filling football stadiums around the world these days, especially ones with 30 years worth of hits.

It would be a crying shame if Depeche Mode never got to headline a major British festival. I think they would light up the place.

Probably not my one act that has to be there but would love to see the replacements on the bill. Notice they've been touring a bit but as a newbie to glasto (so happy to get tickets today) not really sure whether they'd play but anyone know whether there's a (decent) chance of them popping up somewhere. They'd be a class other stage headliner (if they're big enough?)

I think there's a decent chance actually. If they're touring a purported new album then they should definitely be at Primavera earlier in June so if they're having a full go at touring then it may happen. I don't think they're big enough to headline Other though and that might work against them as apparently they ask for a lot and were kind of iffy about not headlining Coachella this year but yeah, hopefully.

One big hope...

The main headliner I want to see is the Sunday (so bowie!!) . Last year I ended up at Kasabian. I wasnt that fussed about seeing them. In fairness I did enjoy it.

But not having a major headliner I want to see on the sunday was the slightly annoying them (as annoying as it can be when you have a glastonbury ticket)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop