One act you want there more than anybody

Sketchead

There are loads I would like to see but of a must it has to be either Radiohead or Bjork, though I've seen Radiohead a few times , even in the Park doing TKOL, I want to see a Pyramid set. I've never seen Bjork, I'd love her to play again but to do a sort of greatest hits / or best of album set, that would be truly amazing.

My first Glastonbury was 2003 and the highlight of an amazing festival was Radiohead on The Pyramid. I remember the magic of coming in to the Pyramid field from Cider bus side and looking up and seeing the fires on the hill and haziness from the smoke. I missed that this year. The lack of wax flares on sale everywhere took away the colour somewhat. Mind you I was camped at the barrier for Elbow, Arcade Fire, Robert Plant and Metallica so I wouldn't have seen it.

My first Glastonbury was 2003 and the highlight of an amazing festival was Radiohead on The Pyramid. I remember the magic of coming in to the Pyramid field from Cider bus side and looking up and seeing the fires on the hill and haziness from the smoke. I missed that this year. The lack of wax flares on sale everywhere took away the colour somewhat. Mind you I was camped at the barrier for Elbow, Arcade Fire, Robert Plant and Metallica so I wouldn't have seen it.

spot on, but judging by your post you missed the flaming lips in 2003 you crazy fool!

Some incarnation of The Grateful Dead. The band is 50 next year.

Finally, something I can get on board with, it's been about 50 posts on this thread since there's been mention of a band that hasn't made me want to run screaming to the hills.

I kind of accept that the DSO probably aren't ever going to play Glastonbury, unfortunately

spot on, but judging by your post you missed the flaming lips in 2003 you crazy fool!

But Wayne Coyne can't sing ;)

Saw them a few years later and they were marvellous. Should have went to see them in 2003. Mind you the line up that year was superb and I think I choose to watch The Coral instead

Love the interpretation of 'one act' on this thread. But I agree - far too hard to pick one! If I had to, it'd be Tom Waits, but I think the head starter also said realistic so that's out the window. Yusuf Islam, Ray Lamontagne and Simon and Garfunkel are also to some extent unrealistic - leaving me with Depeche Mode I think.

I'd also love to see David Ford (formerly of easyworld) there. Not because I haven't seen him dozens of times already, I'm just baffled as to why he's never been booked. Seems to fit with the festival perfectly to me, and he'd be great in Acoustic or Avalon. No idea why this hasn't happened yet.

Lanegan will play on a days notice! Not expensive either.

Yearly shout from me for William Elliot Whitmore. Same deal. He'll play the bandstand before Lanegan for a packet of crisps and a pint of cider.

Some incarnation of The Grateful Dead. The band is 50 next year.

With Chris Robinson as "Jerry". Hes trying his best!

Mountain-Jam-2014-Chris-Robinson-Brother

Edited by The Nal

Love the interpretation of 'one act' on this thread. But I agree - far too hard to pick one! If I had to, it'd be Tom Waits, but I think the head starter also said realistic so that's out the window. Yusuf Islam, Ray Lamontagne and Simon and Garfunkel are also to some extent unrealistic - leaving me with Depeche Mode I think.

I'd also love to see David Ford (formerly of easyworld) there. Not because I haven't seen him dozens of times already, I'm just baffled as to why he's never been booked. Seems to fit with the festival perfectly to me, and he'd be great in Acoustic or Avalon. No idea why this hasn't happened yet.

I saw art garfunkel last month. His voice is still destroyed. I dont think he'll ever get it back to be honest. Sad.

Cool, who plays in their line up these days? also Jefferson starship or Eric Burdon would be great, would love to see the festival reach back to the 60s a bit more

Phil and Bobby have toured together in various incarnations. The drummers kinda do their own thing. As Nal says tho anyone could sit in for an evening. Would be a real treat. Michael E has always been disappointed that the Dead never appeared at his fest.