One act you want there more than anybody

Sketchead

Why is all the good new music hard to find then? Why doesn't the good stuff become popular these days?

People need it to be played in a shity club or why they are pre drinking mostly it seems.

Lack of attention span to actually listen to whole albums? Other things to do, than sitting there just listening to music and nothing else? The masses don't know where to go to find "good" music and just listen to what ever is on Radio 1.

I also blame David Guetta and Calvin Harris for most of musics downfall :P

Because there's so much more music and so many ways to listen to it. Basically, because of the Internet.

People need it to be played in a shity club or why they are pre drinking mostly it seems.

Lack of attention span to actually listen to whole albums? Other things to do, than sitting there just listening to music and nothing else? The masses don't know where to go to find "good" music and just listen to what ever is on Radio 1.

I also blame David Guetta and Calvin Harris for most of musics downfall :P

I guess. I am just too bone idle to hunt down new music now.

Most of the "new bands" I like I've discovered on this forum!

I wouldnt have a clue where else to go.

seen most of the big bands I'd like to see that haven't split up or had band members die.

The only 2 acts left I can think of that I've not seen before that would get me excited are Daft Punk (unlikely as they haven't toured in 7 years) and Weezer (think they are touring a new album so maybe they could play)

With the gift to bring people back from the dead I'd like the Who, Pink Floyd & Jimi Hendrix

The Stone Roses

I reckon it will be the Roses. They signed an agreement with SJM that they would not play anywhere for 12 months after the SJM tour finished. That is now up so they are free to play.

I know there have been rumours that they have split up but I don't think that is true.

It would make sense for them to play. Could see Noel subbing them again.

Amy Macdonald

David Gray

Simple Minds

The Pierces

Depeche Mode

Pink Floyd

Eminem

That is all :music:

I saw the pierces the other year at the park stage. I was right down the front staring at them intensely with my top off, sweating profusely.

I dont think they'll be back.

Edited by russycarps
  • Upvote 3

I reckon it will be the Roses. They signed an agreement with SJM that they would not play anywhere for 12 months after the SJM tour finished. That is now up so they are free to play.

I know there have been rumours that they have split up but I don't think that is true.

It would make sense for them to play. Could see Noel subbing them again.

Not enough crowd splitting with that one. Could see Noel subbing and Stone Roses headlining but not on the same night.

On the Roses note, I watched that Spike Island film the other day. Not a classic but it's really got me listening to them again. Loved seeing them at Optimus Alive in 2012.

Thats what I heard mate. Come from a member of Puressence.

Seeing your avatar makes me want black grape!! I know that won't happen so I've put me old it's great when you're straight CD on. Badass

Seeing your avatar makes me want black grape!! I know that won't happen so I've put me old it's great when you're straight CD on. Badass

Had some of the best times in my life going to black Grape gigs. Since the Mondays got back together, no one has mentioned Black Grape. Seems a shame people forget about the Black Grape tunes.

We could get the Mondays next year and they might even play Reverend Black Grape.

Had some of the best times in my life going to black Grape gigs. Since the Mondays got back together, no one has mentioned Black Grape. Seems a shame people forget about the Black Grape tunes.

We could get the Mondays next year and they might even play Reverend Black Grape.

Am with you, only saw them twice, but both friggen awesome. Some great tunes. Saw the Mondays at Godiva this year, wasn't expecting much, but they were actually really good. Much better than last time I saw them a few years back. Didn't play Reverend though!

Am with you, only saw them twice, but both friggen awesome. Some great tunes. Saw the Mondays at Godiva this year, wasn't expecting much, but they were actually really good. Much better than last time I saw them a few years back. Didn't play Reverend though!

They definitely used to play it. Heard them do it at the MEN a few years ago.

They might even have played it at V a few years back (although I was trollied)

Strange how the Mondays following has withered away so much. They are playing the same size of venues that the Inspirals now Play.

They have been well left behind by the Roses, James, New Order and The Charlatans.

They definitely used to play it. Heard them do it at the MEN a few years ago.

They might even have played it at V a few years back (although I was trollied)

Strange how the Mondays following has withered away so much. They are playing the same size of venues that the Inspirals now Play.

They have been well left behind by the Roses, James, New Order and The Charlatans.

Thing with the Mondays compared to Roses etc was they became a shambles, last time I saw them before Godiva this year was embarrassing. Now they have the original line up and Ryders sober, they are pretty tight again.