Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Not that I don't believe you but do you have a link to the article where he says that?

http://www.demorgen.be/muziek/u2-ontkent-rock-werchter-geruchten-vooral-op-eigen-kracht-touren-a2089591/

It's a preview of an interview in Dutch, they're saying that U2 will play Belgium, but on their own and not as part of a festival line up.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.demorgen.be/muziek/u2-ontkent-rock-werchter-geruchten-vooral-op-eigen-kracht-touren-a2089591/

It's a preview of an interview in Dutch, they're saying that U2 will play Belgium, but on their own and not as part of a festival line up.

Do they count Boutique/Classic as a 'festival lineup' in Belgium or is a bit of a grey area like BST in Hyde Park?

I'm betting on Foo Fighters or AC/DC for that rescheduling.

Although AC/DC would be perfect for Werchter Classic, like the Stones this year.

IMO the other bands are not "big enough" to reschedule the festival

And Muse already played 2006,2007,2010 and Boutique last year.

maybe RW has a wild card that we have not considered yet.

I keep thinking this is there someone off the radar big enough to play 4 (possibly 5) festivals in Europe in one long weekend, big enough to make two festivals move into that weekend, and another move out (in the case of Belgium) that can play each night on the trot and then bugger off to the States? Edited by 5co77ie

I keep thinking this is there someone off the radar big enough to play 4 (possibly 5) festivals in Europe in one long weekend, big enough to make two festivals move into that weekend, and another move out (in the case of Belgium) that can play each night on the trot and then bugger off to the States?

David Bowie?

I keep thinking this is there someone off the radar big enough to play 4 (possibly 5) festivals in Europe in one long weekend, big enough to make two festivals move into that weekend, and another move out (in the case of Belgium) that can play each night on the trot and then bugger off to the States?

We're destined for disappointment now :lol:

Edited by #FreeComTruise

The group continued to play live regularly, including the Quadrophenia and More tour in 2012, before announcing in 2014 their intention to retire from touring following a new album and accompanying live shows. However in October 2014 the group announced a massive 50th Anniversary tour to take place in 2015.

The Who????

Can't see it being The Who, their last Belgian show had to be moved from an 18k capacity arena to an 8k arena because of poor ticket sales. I still consider them an option for RW or TW Classic, but definitely not the kind of act you'd reschedule a major festival for.

I have my doubts with AC/DC as well. If they were to do other fests apart from Glasto, I would've surely expected them at Rock Am Ring.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if it's just Foo Fighters. People are basically orgasming each time Studio Brussel posts something about them on social media + they're like on of the most mentioned names (apart from AC/DC and U2) in relation to the rescheduling. If RW plays the 'If we didn't reschedule the fest FF would've skipped Belgium this Summer' card, they could get away with not living up to the massive expectations.

I didn't know about The Who last show in Belgium, I just saw this and thought, could it be??

But my guess is Foo Fighters. In my opinion they are not big enough to have RW and GMM move their festival but it being RW, they don't always agree with me on these things :P

This is my thinking - there's probably someone pretty massive that we're all neglecting and it'll turn out they'll be doing RW, Glasto and whatnot. Im pretty excited to find out now tbh :)

Radiohead and Red Hot Chili Peppers are in the studio preparing new album and nobody talks about them

Doubt Radiohead will have it out and be ready to tour it next Summer. Wasn't there like an 18 month gap between the release of The King of Limbs and them starting the tour?

I see RHCP doing it if they're in Europe at the time.

Doubt Radiohead will have it out and be ready to tour it next Summer. Wasn't there like an 18 month gap between the release of The King of Limbs and them starting the tour?

I see RHCP doing it if they're in Europe at the time.

The King Of Limbs was released in February 2011 and the tour did not start until February 2012, but in 2011 they did a few shows, in fact they were at Glastonbury 2011