Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two big British acts from the same time period, possibly appealing to the same people. Of course they had The Prodigy last time didn't they and I'd have said the same about that so never mind. :P

For the record, I'd have been well screwed on that decision. Since then, seeing The Prodigy at Glasto is on my list. The only thing in my mind stopping that from happening is the Reading sub slot. If they aren't there, my backup thought is Sunday night Other with Alt-J subbing.

Edited by thewayiam

Alt-J on Other whilst Taylor is on the Pyramid will do me just fine!

Chems vs Blur would be a weird one. yeah a very similar situation happened in '09 with The Prodigy, but i imagine the crossover between Blur and Chems is even bigger (based on absolutely nothing at all). it'd be a shitty clash either way. wonder if Chems could possibly sub the Pyramid - i've said many times i don't see it happening, but Chems subbing Blur? that'd be ace. apart from when Chems headlined have their been any producer/dance acts on the Pyramid without a lead vocalist / front man etc? none spring to mind

Orbital

right you are! twenty years ago, though. seems odd that they haven't repeated it since. Pyramid doesn't really seem like the place for that kind of performance, although i'd love to be proven wrong in this instance. about time Chems stopped being the house Other act

We must be due another underwhelming Primal Scream set sometime soon? It's been a whole two years since the last one.

Their Screamadelica set in 2011 in the pissing down rain was brilliant.

2011 looked great but I went off elsewhere after a few songs. I remember not understanding what was going on in 05 (i was 14) he seemed like a total dick at the time. Before the Stones was pretty dull i thought. Saw them at Beautiful Days the same year though and it was bloody fantastic.

Edited by III

I caught a bit of their set on the Other and it certainly didn't seem to be setting the field on fire.

Was planning on watching their whole set as I'm rather fond of that first record, it isn't incredible but it has it's moments. Got so bored I ended up walking off, gave me plenty of time to settle in at West Holts for Seasick Steve + Chic. Never listened to the triangle band since.