• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

kanye would go down like a lead balloon, when you think overhyped, boring, childish diva artists hes top of the list at the mo, hasnt released anything good in years, has to resort to attacking other artists like beck etc to keep his name in lights.........oh well if hes headlining thats baffling but I guess I know what day ill be heading out early to the southeast corner!

cant think of a worse headliner quite frankly, musically and for being an egotistical asshole.....

shut up

The wait is over (according to Paddypower). The Saturday headlines IS Kanye, they've got him as 4/6 favourite, Blur 7/2, Prince 8/1 and AC/DC (what's happened to that rumour?) at 10/1

Means nothing, I'm more tempted to put a fiver on Blur.

kanye would go down like a lead balloon, when you think overhyped, boring, childish diva artists hes top of the list at the mo, hasnt released anything good in years, has to resort to attacking other artists like beck etc to keep his name in lights.........oh well if hes headlining thats baffling but I guess I know what day ill be heading out early to the southeast corner!

cant think of a worse headliner quite frankly, musically and for being an egotistical asshole.....

I pretty agree with most of this!

just because you don't like him... like many (including me) who wrote off metallica last year as i passionately dislike metal music, i was surprised

How are you feeling about his chances now? He's TBC in my mind, I'm feeling the resale victory more strongly now that ever.

yeah i'm quite confident it's him. still that niggling presence of Blur, but i think IOW have got them. it's just whether Blur will also headline Glastonbury on the Sunday, or whether it'll be Swift (or a third party we've not considered as likely). Foos, Kanye, Swift still seems odd to me - like there's something missing (although a strong undercard would no doubt fix that in my eyes)

yeah i'm quite confident it's him. still that niggling presence of Blur, but i think IOW have got them. it's just whether Blur will also headline Glastonbury on the Sunday, or whether it'll be Swift (or a third party we've not considered as likely). Foos, Kanye, Swift still seems odd to me - like there's something missing (although a strong undercard would no doubt fix that in my eyes)

I don't see Glasto booking that at all, I think Blur are closer to Glasto than anything now.

For me its more the fact I expected ro now know maybe an other stage headliner and a WH headliner. So far of the very very few acts we "know" of, only the Dalai Lama interests me.

I think that's it. Being an efest member for a few years now I guess I just expect to know within 4/5 bands that are nailed on thanks to Neil, Scotty & anyone else involved.

I'm thinking Kanye headlines and Taylor subs, but mostly because I don't want to do more than one night at the Pyramid, never actually seen a Park headliner so I'd like to do that, and Patti Smith doing Horses on West Holts is going to round off the festival very nicely. I'm also thinking that Taylor as a headliner will be too much for a lot of people, not that they wont do it, but if there's no "legend" then a lot of people wouldn't stomach it. Being touted as a Special Guest below Kanye or the legend would fit. I'm going to be going mental down the front if she headlines the thing though, it's a win-win situation really.

yeah i'm inclined to agree. adding Blur to the mix definitely looks a lot more 'Glastonbury' than without, but who knows? maybe they wanted to go for something different this year

Didn't you not long ago say you think IOW will take Blur though?!

What I wonder is, is it worth making such a big deal about an act that will probably still have a big London show to sell out, plus a week later could be announced for a sold out 175k overall attended event? In comparison to IOW, Glasto share a fair few headers over the years with Beni or to put it more correct, a Beni header has previous. I'd be looking at that and rather than jumping on any IOW big Blur announcement, waiting a week to see what Glasto has. I'd doubt IOW is going to sell out in a weeks time even with those acts, partly aided by the support at that price being awful!

I very much doubt there is going to be a hidden header again either. The big difference with them playing Glasto is, although it caters for 175k, it's not even close to an open ticket option as the other two are.

I'm thinking Kanye headlines and Taylor subs, but mostly because I don't want to do more than one night at the Pyramid, never actually seen a Park headliner so I'd like to do that, and Patti Smith doing Horses on West Holts is going to round off the festival very nicely. I'm also thinking that Taylor as a headliner will be too much for a lot of people, not that they wont do it, but if there's no "legend" then a lot of people wouldn't stomach it. Being touted as a Special Guest below Kanye or the legend would fit. I'm going to be going mental down the front if she headlines the thing though, it's a win-win situation really.

God I hope you're right about Patti Smith ?

And Smash Hits magazine.

Yes, but compared to the Sun that was a classy rag.

It was either that or TOTP magazine that always shopped Keith Prodigy's (as he was known) green horns onto Roy Evans from Eastenders. That was a higher level of social commentary than the Sun could ever hope to reach.