Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Queens/Foos image on the 'leaked' Facebook post was pretty ingenious so whomever it was has escaped my vitriol. Woulda been a cool gig though, eh?

I've kinda started to think Crue will headline now it's dawned on me that there's no real reason to believe GNR will headline. Would be weak but they were in that poll and there's usually a 'WTF' headliner choice.

The Queens/Foos image on the 'leaked' Facebook post was pretty ingenious so whomever it was has escaped my vitriol. Woulda been a cool gig though, eh?

I've kinda started to think Crue will headline now it's dawned on me that there's no real reason to believe GNR will headline. Would be weak but they were in that poll and there's usually a 'WTF' headliner choice.

If it is Crue's last UK festival performance they could probably get away with it (or try to at least)

If they booked motley crue to headline it would be the weakest headliner since 08. That's including the 2nd time def leppard headlined.

They couldn't even headline sonisphere, who cares if they're finally fucking off? They were past it before most on this board were even born... Awful band.

However, I'm still going next year regardless, if they're booked at least it will be nice and quiet again :)

My ticket is already bought, they could book two pub bands and a busker for all I care. Last year was undoubtedly a week headline trio, but I personally had the best DL for years.

All sorts of shenanigans.

<nearly said "lol". Don't hate me>

Edited by scrubbertheman

Thought that said Cure lmoa

• 2 weeks later...

Slipknot, AC/DC, Guns and Roses could work...

I'm not sold that AC/DC would be at glasto.

can't tell if it was a prediction or information but someone on the download forums put

Slipknot

Korn

Guns & Roses

Deftones

AC/DC

Motley Crue

seems most realistic out of any prediction

I'm gonna guess that that was never posted on the Download forums at all.

KoRn are playing their debut in full (including Daddy :O) to celebrate its 20th anniversary. Them headlining the 2nd stage at Download playing that album would be a decent booking and something I could see happening. I also think that with it being billed as their last UK show and a full production, Mötley Crüe could headline.

Biffy Clyro

Deftones

Limp Bizkit

Lamb Of God

Godsmack

Slipknot

Machine Head

Slayer

Poison

Gary Numan

Mötley Crüe (final UK show)

Faith No More

Black Stone Cherry

KoRn (playing 'KoRn' in full)

Papa Roach

There's a 'leaked picture' of the Rock am Ring first announcement floating around with Foos and Slipknot on along with In Flames, Wovenwar, YMAS, FFDP and Rise Against which, if true, I imagine Slipknot are all but definite and those other acts showing up on the lineup too. That said it could well be fake and the quality of the on-screen image is terrible but I believe last year there was a leak that looked shitty but turned out to be true.

The first announcement from Roskilde comes tomorrow which is less connected to Download but Lamb of God are set to be announced so it probably puts them firmly in the mix.

Edited by dentalplan

There's a 'leaked picture' of the Rock am Ring first announcement floating around with Foos and Slipknot on along with In Flames, Wovenwar, YMAS, FFDP and Rise Against which, if true, I imagine Slipknot are all but definite and those other acts showing up on the lineup too. That said it could well be fake and the quality of the on-screen image is terrible but I believe last year there was a leak that looked shitty but turned out to be true.

The layout of the date, the colour of the volcano and the shape of the zeppelin image have been used to show it was a fake poster.

Bit I wouldn't be surprised if Slipknot appear at Download or Sonisphere next year.

Edited by 5co77ie