Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More on the supposedly incoming Slipknot arena tour announcement, Download tweeted saying there's big news coming at 9AM tomorrow, and AC has apparently said that it has nothing to do with the festival itself. Also, this link was posted on the official DL forums: http://www.eventinews24.com/2014/10/slipknot-return-to-uk-in-2015.html?m=1#.VDq3Z8WCOK0

Not sure of that can be counted as a proper 'source', but it reads like a press release.

More on the supposedly incoming Slipknot arena tour announcement, Download tweeted saying there's big news coming at 9AM tomorrow, and AC has apparently said that it has nothing to do with the festival itself. Also, this link was posted on the official DL forums: http://www.eventinews24.com/2014/10/slipknot-return-to-uk-in-2015.html?m=1#.VDq3Z8WCOK0

Not sure of that can be counted as a proper 'source', but it reads like a press release.

Where did Andy say this as I can't find it (well I only checked his twitter :P). Don't think Download would hype up an announcement for an arena tour for an act people want to play (unless they say Download is part of the tour sort of thing etc)

Anyway there was a picture posted with the Download dog hand over a sheet of paper that said headliner shortlist so we may get something tomorrow

The firm he works for are overseeing the tour and he has a lot of followers that like Slipknot, and probably wants tickets sold before they're announced for Download. Why wouldn't he promote it?

Ah ok then :P

Also to add even more proof Sheffield Motorpoint have two announcements and one of them will "ROCK" the arena so I guess it is going to be them then

So it's confirmed for January :)

Wednesday 14th Dublin 3Arena

Friday 16th Sheffield Motorpoint Arena

Sunday 18th Glasgow SSE Hydro

Monday 19th Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

Tuesday 20th Manchester Arena

Thursday 22nd Liverpool Echo Arena

Friday 23rd London Wembley SSE Arena

Saturday 24th Cardiff Motorpoint Arena

Monday 26th Nottingham Capital FM Arena

Tuesday 27th Birmingham Barclaycard Arena

Support is coming from KoRn! That's quite a hefty tour. I still think they will headline Download though, make them the last headliner announced and make a big deal about it being the only chance to see them if/when the tour has sold out.

I'm so excited for this :D two of my favourite bands that were a massive part of my growing up playing only 50 minutes away from me in Nottingham.

Edited by Andre91

I heard that is was £43 for Sheffield which I thought it was a bit steep but with KoRn as well I don't think it is that bad, but I may not be going now as the people I thought I would be going with are going with one of their mates for their birthday so I feel rude going there and I don't fancy going by myself. Not that fused as I saw both bands at Download last year and I suspect they'll both be back next year (and I have to stop spending so much money :P )

Edited by justanothername

Why don't you ask to go along too?

£40ish is alright for an arena gig.

It is, but if they headline dl it will be pretty much the same show, which would personally be a waste of £40 for me. So I'll just hold out for some free tickets, definitely want to see some of these new songs played live though.

Definately going to be picking up a ticket for the Cardiff Arena show. KoRn were amazing there in 08 (and every time I've seen them they've been at least great) and I haven't seen Slipknot outside a festival (and the two times I've seen them have been great)

Edited by SOAD