Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy tweeted earlier responding about Biffy being booked saying "Depends how strong the next record and tour is..." so I don't reckon they're doing next year.

Judas Priest subbing GNR if it's the three that people think it is would be good. Then FNM can sub AC/DC and I can consider the purchase of a day ticket.

There's been a number of different posters on the DL forums say they've heard AC/DC for Download but I still have trouble believing it. They're obviously not at Rock am Ring and it seems they may knock back Hellfest to do a couple of Paris stadium shows, and they've got to be two of the most lucrative fests they can do so them doing Download instead of their another payday here would be kind of odd, right?

Yeah Sonisphere would make sense. Download wouldn't without a new record. They've not released anything since last playing Soni either but I'm sure they'll jump at the chance of Rammstein if the leak is true and they're touring.

The leak (if it's real - these things never are) doesn't particularly show much that may cross over to Download but I'd take Red Fang.

Edited by dentalplan

Aye, they got involved with Soni before doing their first Download set, and seeing as Rock Am Ring has it's headliners but this new "Green Hell" festival in Germany set to take on RAR has yet to announce, I'd place my bets on them playing that. Seeing as it's Kili involved..and put on by their new owners and will essentially be the German leg of Sonisphere, or whatever Sonisphere becomes next year I could see them doing Knebworth as well as a few dates (they did part of the tour last time around, and as far as I know that was part of the reason they did it in 2010, because it made it easier for them with carting all their stuff around).

I'd imagine from those In Flames are likely to make up for dropping out Download this year.

Andy tweeted earlier responding about Biffy being booked saying "Depends how strong the next record and tour is..." so I don't reckon they're doing next year.

Judas Priest subbing GNR if it's the three that people think it is would be good. Then FNM can sub AC/DC and I can consider the purchase of a day ticket.

Think there's a good chance of biffy headlining. Inbetween albums, bill it as the only UK show of 2015, they'd smash it. Plus not a lot of competition for biffy, already headlined iow/T/r&l recently, and not the type of act to headline V.

Or just book pearl jam, day tickets would sell out!

I could see parkway drive, in flames and devil wears prada doing download from that list.

Also, wouldn't surprise me if they pull a shocker out and have booked rammstein instead of SlIpknot.

Pretty much the greatest headline set that fest has ever seen, don't think there'd be any complaints of the small gap, even without any material.

I could see parkway drive, in flames and devil wears prada doing download from that list.

Also, wouldn't surprise me if they pull a shocker out and have booked rammstein instead of SlIpknot.

Pretty much the greatest headline set that fest has ever seen, don't think there'd be any complaints of the small gap, even without any material.

whilst it seems to be widely regarded (on here, at least) to have been a fantastic headline set, i doubt there's much demand for Rammstein to return with almost exactly the same set just two years later, whereas Slipknot have the new material to back up their return, and judging by how fast their tour sold, the demand is very much still there

Suppose you could argue though that Slipknot already have their tour, it'd be Rammstein's first show since DL2013, and probably the only show next year if they have no touring plans around this, they aren't exactly overexposed. Slipknot's tour is with Korn as well which would have helped shift tickets - though it would have still sold out regardless. I really wouldn't say there isn't a lot of demand for them, they weren't far behind Slipknot in the headliner pool on the DL forums - and to be honest a lot of the time people tend to vote semi-realistically for who they'd expect to some extent where as rammstein touring next year would have caught many off guard.

I think Rammstein have grown a lot in size over the last few years, and I know many people not that interested in them that have since Download become big fans, so again I don't think there's not a lot of demand. They'd be a very strong booking, but as I also said earlier I doubt it'll be both at the same fest.

Rammstein will be at soni not download,

however if lucky's info is correct - that they wanted the foos (before they chose glastonbury) before anyone. They must have a headliner that's technically a backup for the foos?

Edited by Matt42

Rammstein will be at soni not download,

however if lucky's info is correct - that they wanted the foos (before they chose glastonbury) before anyone. They must have a headliner that's technically a backup for the foos?

Not unless Foos were installed as a headliner then dropped out to do Glastonbury/shows. Many bands probably knock the festival back just as Foos allegedly have.

Sorry, have I missed the news soni is happening?

All I know is that winners of a competition for soni uk tickets were told after they won it's for the next one we run in the UK or you can choose tickets for any of the ones we run next year.

Do we need to put [if it's happening] after every mention or can you just take it as implied? :P

Edited by dentalplan

Think there's a good chance of biffy headlining. Inbetween albums, bill it as the only UK show of 2015, they'd smash it. Plus not a lot of competition for biffy, already headlined iow/T/r&l recently, and not the type of act to headline V.

Or just book pearl jam, day tickets would sell out!

I think actually Biffy are totally a band V would book to be honest.

They're really mainstream now, get tons of airtime on radio 1, they've played V on main stage before.

I could totally see Biffy headlining V next year. Can see the other headliner being Katy Perry.

Do we need to put [if it's happening] after every mention or can you just take it as implied? :P

You don't have to, I know that it's implied in your posts, but some others do, especially when saying they're not going to be at download as I think they're doing soni etc. The way some people were posting I thought I'd missed something :) Edited by lightning1000