Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slipknot vs. Weezer would be an absolutely heartbreaking clash for me. Inevitably I'd go for Slipknot, but I'd be beyond gutted about missing Weezer. I've seen them twice before but they are just so incredible live.

Two years is too soon though. But with a new album it's all irrelevant. They shouldn't have headlined in 2013. It would have been a lot better if it was a six year wait from 2009-2015.

Edited by Andre91

Weezer vs Slipknot would be a pretty difficult decision but I'd have to go with Weezer as I've seen Slipknot last time they were at Download and Blue and Pinkerton are two of my favourite albums (and the new one ain't too bad either), but I think (and hope) they will be at R&L instead and chances are I'm not going to Download this year either :P

I think it will be

Slipknot

KoRn

Rise Against

Faith No More

GnR

Machine Head

Motorhead

Lamb Of God

Biffy

Deftones

A Day To Remember

Motley Crue

Wouldn't feel bad about missing and I'd tempted to get a day ticket for Biffy too

Slipknot vs. Weezer would be an absolutely heartbreaking clash for me. Inevitably I'd go for Slipknot, but I'd be beyond gutted about missing Weezer. I've seen them twice before but they are just so incredible live.

Two years is too soon though. But with a new album it's all irrelevant. They shouldn't have headlined in 2013. It would have been a lot better if it was a six year wait from 2009-2015.

They did it more of a favour than anything, Andy was stuck with Pearl Jam saying no after they were planned to be 3rd headlined, I mean Vodafone even leaked the thing! He reached out to Slipknot and they agreed, they did no other shows remember, it was in the middle of Stone Sours touring cycle. Could have been Def Leppard again otherwise.....

Download isn't great for having massive breaks between bands. You'd only have to do 3/4 in a row and you've pretty much seen everyone in DL normal booking band (bar one off bookings like RATM, AC/DC)

Def Lep headlined in 09 and 11 with Metallica in 04/06. Most of the download standard headiners do it every three or four years.

Having said that, its always a cracking weekend with the odd surprise lower down and always the chance of a welcome surprise at the top of the bill :)

Obviously this is a pretty general summary but yeah two years ins't too unusual

Yeah I tryed the most of bands that played in 2013 n it's true but let's be honest they probably will play n I think acdc n faith no more will play with but if that's true I don't no how there going to plan the days out coz all three bands have played the Friday slot fnm 09,slipknot 13 and played Saturday 09 so I can see them on the Sunday and acdc Friday 10 but tbh I can see the getting the Sunday slot, but hey I coul be wrong hahahahahahahahahaha