Download 2015

dentalplan

I'd love to see them open with XIX.

also was listening today and considering the tour is called Prepare For Hell, i'd be very surprised if they don't open with Be Prepared For Hell playing over the speakers and then straight in to The Negative One. seems like it was made especially for that reason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also was listening today and considering the tour is called Prepare For Hell, i'd be very surprised if they don't open with Be Prepared For Hell playing over the speakers and then straight in to The Negative One. seems like it was made especially for that reason

Ooh that's a good shout! I was thinking XIX into Sarcastrophe, but Be Prepared For Hell is the kind of opening track they've had on each album before this. Nice idea.

Got my tickets :D

same :D haven't bought tickets to an arena gig in years (possibly even since Slipknot's last tour) so wasn't sure if i'd manage to get tickets but was a piece of piss (albeit, after some confusion when the tickets didn't appear to be coming on sale)

also, i'm hoping that because these shows will be around the same time that KoRn are doing their self-titled shows that they either play that album in it's entirety / play heavily from it. probably more likely to play a mixed bag, but a man can dream

Edited by FloorFiller

I was surprised how easy it was to get tickets this morning, mind you, I went for Nottingham, but still. I had to order mine and my other friends in separate transactions and the queue time was non-existent :)

On the KoRn front, as much as I like their debut album, I would much rather a regular hits set to the album in full when supporting Slipknot. It will be mine (and I'm sure a lot of others) first time seeing KoRn, so a greatest hits set would be more appropriate for a support slot imo. Plus, whole album tours are usually at the bands own shows, where their fans are there specifically to see them.

i think a full album show by KoRn is unlikely anyway. it's just that if they play a 'greatest hits' set of sorts, that probably means a fair few songs from the newer albums which are garbage. even if they just threw in a few more than usual from the self-titled that'd be great. unlikely but i'd love to see Ball Tongue in there

read an interview with Jonathan Davies where he said they'll be playing a 'heavier' set than usual when supporting Slipknot but also a 'party' kind of set, whatever the hell that means

i'm looking forward to reliving my youth, anyway. do we think there'll be a smaller third support act like King 810 in America or if this'll be it?

Ball Tongue is the track I would most like to hear from their debut (other than Blind).

As far as the support act is concerned, King 810 would be the obvious choice, although they have their own tour before then so would they come back? I could see a British act getting the opening slot. Hacktivist?

They'll end up including Download on the self titled tour though won't they? Would need to sub or headline second to fit it all in though. Would subbing Slipknot be too samey? I'd prefer them subbing Slipknot anyway so it'd be easier avoided if I were to go.

were third on main in 2013 so can't see why they'd jump back up to sub position two years later (although looking at it, they've jumped up and down the lineup numerous times in the past few years). think second stage headline (especially if they're gonna be playing an album in full) would be the best bet (though obviously not against Slipknot)

Edited by FloorFiller

Slipknot

Machine Head

Limp Bizkit

In Flames

Papa Roach

Of Mice & Men

Every Time I Die

Devil You Know

King 810

Mötley Crüe (last UK show)

Poison

Gary Numan

Ghost

Guns 'N Roses

Deftones

Motörhead

Rise Against

Coheed and Cambria

Architects

Pulled Apart By Horses

Tonight Alive

Hacktivist

Lamb of God

Parkway Drive

Asking Alexandria

Rancid

AC/DC

Faith No More

Black Stone Cherry

Mastodon

Airbourne

Anthrax

Cancer Bats

Black Spiders

Feed The Rhino

KoRn (playing 'KoRn' in full)

Five Finger Death Punch

Sleeping With Sirens

Behemoth (I did think of Emperor here instead after they went down so well at Bloodstock, but I'd hope that AC wouldn't book them whilst that scumbag is still drumming for them).

Edited by Andre91

Slipknot

Machine Head

Limp Bizkit

In Flames

Papa Roach

Of Mice & Men

Every Time I Die

Devil You Know

King 810

Poison

Gary Numan

I don't think they'd pit Motley Crue's last show against Slipknot. They'll want to make a big occasion out of each so I don't think Crue will play anywhere but main.

Does anybody have any idea / info on when tickets will go on sale ? I'm sure I had already purchased mine by this point last year (and, I think, headliners had been announced).

No info but they should go on sale after headliners are announced, which should be the next few weeks. In fact - if I were to guess - they'd announce the week after next and put tickets on sale on the 31st. I remember them tying in an announcement with Halloween one year. Might be sooner though if Slipknot's tour is an instant sellout tomorrow and they've already got the others sorted.

You may have already purchased an early bird by this time last year but you'd have still been waiting on the headliners. The headliners and tickets were both already out the year before though.

Also just read that Copping said that they'll be selling Indian headdresses and the man who launched the campaign to stop the sales needs to 'get a life'. Stay classy Andy. :P

Edited by dentalplan

Slipknot

Machine Head

Limp Bizkit

In Flames

Papa Roach

Of Mice & Men

Every Time I Die

Devil You Know

King 810

Poison

Gary Numan

Ghost

Guns 'N Roses

Deftones

Motörhead

Rise Against

Coheed and Cambria

Architects

Pulled Apart By Horses

Tonight Alive

Hacktivist

Lamb of God

Parkway Drive

Asking Alexandria

Rancid

AC/DC

Faith No More

Black Stone Cherry

Mastodon

Airbourne

Anthrax

Cancer Bats

Black Spiders

Feed The Rhino

KoRn (playing 'KoRn' in full)

Five Finger Death Punch

Sleeping With Sirens

Behemoth (I did think of Emperor here instead after they went down so well at Bloodstock, but I'd hope that AC wouldn't book them whilst that scumbag is still drumming for them).

I FUCKING LOVE THAT LINE UP

5 Stars!!!

I got my slipknot/korn tickets just btw, all gud.

Regarding download announcements, I was of the understanding it was coming next Monday, but I believe it has now been pushed back.

Nice one on the tickets front! Any idea why the announcement may have been pushed back or who might possibly be getting announced?

Nice one on the tickets front! Any idea why the announcement may have been pushed back or who might possibly be getting announced?

I dont think it was concrete, I think it was just being pencilled in for next week around a month back, but it all depends on the bigger artists so they can have a synced announcement. Like when SOAD were announced for all fests all at once in 2010 for 2011.

Is there any mileage in the G'n'R stuff ?? Would it be the original line up ? Hasn't Slash got a new album coming out, that I would have thought he'd be touring with next year (assuming Alter Bridge don't have the same).

I, personally, can't see it. I certainly don't have a desire to see G'n'R in their current incarnation, that's for sure.

However, if it were to happen, I reckon it could be one of the best shows of recent times (Rammstein apart).