Download 2015

dentalplan

Primus would be a cool booking, I'd love to see Les Claypool live, complete nutter, but a phenomenal bassist all the same. Where about's would Primus play? 3rd/4th down main?

YES, now you're talking! Seen them twice and they are just incredible, assuming you don't mind extended jams and stuff. I'd say Primus would play either 3rd or headline 2nd stage. Think a 2nd stage headline would be much better, so they could bring out the Willy Wonka stage show out in the dark.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to, I know that it's implied in your posts, but some others do, especially when saying they're not going to be at download as I think they're doing soni etc. The way some people were posting I thought I'd missed something :)

Fair enough. Didn't know about those comp winners anyway. If it was uncertain before I can't see who Sonisphere could actually gather up for a headline slot and we're anticipating Download to be kinda strong so they've probably made the right move there.

YES, now you're talking! Seen them twice and they are just incredible, assuming you don't mind extended jams and stuff. I'd say Primus would play either 3rd or headline 2nd stage. Think a 2nd stage headline would be much better, so they could bring out the Willy Wonka stage show out in the dark.

Can't place why but I could see Primus being a disaster on main stage. Have they played a UK festival before? They'd be cool if they're touring though, yeah.

Spotted that Asking Alexandria are playing Copenhell the weekend after Download along with some other metal acts that'd possibly take up a lower slot somewhere. I'd certainly pencil in Asking Alexandria as playing though.

Yeah, bit too out there for the majority of the crowd I think, that's why a stage headline slot would be best suited I think, as well as their show works far better in the dark. Well, they played their first show over here since the late 90's in 2011 and have only played 4 shows over here since then, only time they played a festival over here as far as I know was Reading in the early to mid 90's when they were at their most popular stage.

Spotted that Asking Alexandria are playing Copenhell the weekend after Download along with some other metal acts that'd possibly take up a lower slot somewhere. I'd certainly pencil in Asking Alexandria as playing though.

I found them amusing last year to be honest. Technically it was shit (and the same for on record),but I still was entertained but it is not something that I desperately want to see again though so I'm not too bothered if they're booked again

Edited by justanothername

sorry for turning this into the unofficial Slipknot thread but seems like the only appropriate place to post this

Slipknot's setlist from last night (first night at Knotfest / first show of new album tour):

(515)

People=Shit

Eeyore

Disasterpiece

The Negative One

Sulfur

Eyeless

Wait & Bleed

Dead Memories

Before I Forget

Three Nil

Purity

Custer

Duality

-encore-

Spit It Out

Surfacing

surprised at the lack of new material / hoping they include more on their proper tour, and also shocked at the lack of Psychosocial. good setlist but hope it's tweaked as the tour goes on. think they're performing at Knotfest again tonight? so maybe get a different setlist this time round

I'm very surprised/disappointed at the lack of new material on that setlist. The new album is brilliant and those songs need to be played. I'm also shocked at the lack of (sic)! They ALWAYS play that. Very nice to see Purity in there though, it's my favourite Slipknot song.

Edited by Andre91

I'm very surprised/disappointed at the lack of new material on that setlist. The new album is brilliant and those songs need to be played. I'm also shocked at the lack of (sic)! They ALWAYS play that. Very nice to see Purity in there though, it's my favourite Slipknot song.

oh shit i didn't even notice they missed out (sic). i get that they have to start cutting down on their older material but thought the likes of Purity and Eeyore would get the cut rather than (sic) which has been a live staple. maybe it'll get played (along with more new material - hopefully AOV) tonight

also, did anybody watch any of the live stream? Corey (rather hilariously) seemed to be having constant trouble with the lower half of his mask, adjusting it almost continuously. can see that getting a makeover at some point

setlist from last night:

XIX

Sarcastrophe

The Heretic Anthem

My Plague

The Devil In I

Psychosocial

Liberate

Opium Of The People

Left Behind

Vermillion

Custer

Before I Forget

Duality

-encore-

(sic)

Surfacing

seems like they split the songs right down the middle so hopefully the tour / possible Download performance will be a nice mix of both. psyched to see both My Plague and Opium Of The People (two of my favourites from their respective albums) in there although i unfortunately doubt they'll be set mainstays

still no AOV though :(

seems like Corey has sorted out his mask problem as well. much better the second night. i was worried that his voice couldn't hold up anymore but he sounds the best he has in years

Edited by FloorFiller

That setlist last night looked a lot better. Ive watched the first 5 songs from last night (need to watch the rest later) and they sounded great again. I'm also expecting a mix of the two setlists for the UK tour. Something like this would be very nice:

(Intro)

XIX

1. Sarcastrophe

2. Disasterpiece

3. Wait and Bleed

4. Before I Forget

5. Eyeless

6. Sulfur

7. The Devil In I

8. The Heretic Anthem

9. Left Behind

10. Vermilion

11. Custer

12. The Blister Exists

13. Purity

14. Psychosocial

15. The Negative One

16. Duality

17. Spit It Out

(Encore)

18. (sic)

19. People=Shit

20. Surfacing

I'd love to see them keep my plague and Three Nil/Opium of the People, but I can't see it myself. I included Purity as more of a personal wish as it's my fave song by them :D

Edited by Andre91

setlist from their first non-Knotfest show:

XIX

Sarcastrophe

The Heretic Anthem

My Plague

The Devil In I

Psychosocial

The Negative One

Three Nil

Eyeless

Vermillion

Before I Forget

Duality

Wait & Bleed

Spit It Out

Custer

-encore-

(sic)

People=Shit

Surfacing

think i'd be happy with that! all the big hitters are there, as well as the inclusion of My Plague (!!!) and Three Nil which are fantastic lesser played songs. could possibly do without Vermillion (just never done it for me, personally) and i still really want AOV to be debuted live, but a great setlist nonetheless

Edited by FloorFiller

yeah would welcome both of those songs being added to the setlist, but with only seventeen songs being played i guess they had to make cuts somewhere. really hope My Plague is a set mainstay now, although i can see them alternating between it and Left Behind (and possibly Three Nil with The Blister Exists and possibly Psychosocial with Sulfur (but hopefully not Dead Memories because fuck that song)

Edited by FloorFiller